If the Constitution was written today...what would be different?

why would the color of your skin have anything to do with how you would write the Constitution?
Good, thought provoking wise question…but I’m pretty sure we all know the answer to the question.
Look around the globe at the operations and functionality of dark nations.

If the Constitution was written today...what would be different?
That depends on who is doing to writing.

Conservatives would resurrect the Articles of Confederation – states’ rights would be guaranteed, not individual rights.

Liberals would establish a democracy, eliminate anachronisms such as the EC and the Senate, and make the supremacy of the Constitution crystal clear and beyond dispute – the Bill of Rights in particular.

That depends on who is doing to writing.

Conservatives would resurrect the Articles of Confederation – states’ rights would be guaranteed, not individual rights.

Liberals would establish a democracy, eliminate anachronisms such as the EC and the Senate, and make the supremacy of the Constitution crystal clear and beyond dispute – the Bill of Rights in particular.
So the people of Mexifornia and Loon York would have the only say in national elections?
hahaha…what could possibly go wrong…they always elect great leaders, that why their states are so safe and productive …LOL

And again ... You really suck at sales.
I called you an ignorant fuck and somehow you got the idea I might value your opinion on anything.

It's really not me that needs to learn what words mean ... :thup:

Yet here you are responding. You do have better things to do right? Of course you don't.

Good, thought provoking wise question…but I’m pretty sure we all know the answer to the question.
Look around the globe at the operations and functionality of dark nations.
that's product of the culture not some inherent way of thinking due to the amount of melanin in their skin.

Yet here you are responding. You do have better things to do right? Of course you don't.

At no point did I ever suggest I wouldn't continue to call you an ignorant twat every time you seem to miss the point,
nor did I ask you for any advice with my day planner ... It really isn't that hard for me to do laundry and cook a pig.

See how that works ... Don't confuse yourself more.
Otherwise ... I encourage you to participate in the topic.

Last edited:
Could you imagine the America we’d have if the Constitution was influenced and framed by/for the ‘Americans’ that make up Los Angeles, New York and all blue shitholes?
This is why there is a God! He influenced a select group of men in establishing a system of government that would reduce the likelihood of evolving into tyranny dictated by simple number of votes. Their fear, realized on a micro scale, is what evolved into the shit holes you have today. Alexis de Tocqueville understood it, as did Benjamin Franklin when he stated “a Republic, if you can hold on to it”.

why would the color of your skin have anything to do with how you would write the Constitution?
That's an excellent question.

One that Americans should ask every time a Black Activist calls the Constitution or the Founding Fathers racist...

One that Americans should ask every time a Right-Wing NutJob penetrates the US Capitol Building waving the Stars and Bars...

3. "I'd have a plank that standardized voting rules across the nation. Guaranteed vote by mail, guaranteed early in-person voting."

Absolutely not...Keep the governing of voting rules and procedures at the state level...The Federal government should be kept as limited as possible...Remember power like a pendulum swings from party to party...What you think sounds great now, you will hate when your political opponents retain the power...
That is the beauty of codifying such things in the Constitution. If it says that early in person voting begins 2 weeks prior to election day and Election Day on a given year is November 8, in person early voting starts October 25. It doesn't swing back and fourth when someone's political opponent gets into power.

Again...I favor minimum (I should have added that in--minimum) standards for states to guarantee access to the ballot. You can have months of early voting if you want in a state, all mail in voting as 7 states do now I think, drop boxes, no drop boxes, etc...

But again...whatever the minimum standards are...CODIFY IT--preferabley in the Constitution as is germane to our discussion. The moment someone changes an election law in State X by turning a colon into a semi-colon in the statute...we have law suits, debates, appeals, yada yada yada. Just codify it at the federal level so everyone knows what the minimum rules are and be done with it. When that is the case...it makes things nice and easy. Not all of these aren't constitutional things but this is what I'm talking about... You want to get a job...you have a minimum wage and you know what they can legally offer you. You get arrested, you know your rights are to remain silent. You need to file your taxes...you have until April 15. Election Day is the Tuesday after the first Monday in even number years. You want to buy a gun...you know you can. You want to get together and protest day light savings time...you know it's guaranteed that you can.

Our disagreement is fine. That is why we have horse racing.

Response to Candy cont...

4. "I'd get rid of the ridiculous back-office process we have after a general election. We vote in early November, the electors meet in Mid December, and Congress counts the electoral votes in January. That is absolutely ridiculous. All of it has to be wrapped up by December 1."

Why....? What is wrong with the current process of electors?
Because the sooner things are certified, the more up to speed the incoming administration can be when they take over on 1/20. Do you honestly think it should take 2 months to make election results official?
5. "I'd have it in the Constitution that every cabinet level office (and others) must make office space available for a new administration starting on December 2. This means that the Secretary of Veteran's Affairs (for example) has to "open the books" to representatives of the incoming administration."

And how is that different from the traditions of today? In most cases this happens...
And in the most recent case it didn't. Codify it.
6. "I'd have a scheduled constitutional convention every 50 years or so. Amendments can be proposed and sent to the States and the states have to consider the amendment and their legislature has to have an up or down vote within six months."

I can't help but feel as though you want to squash the minority voice and continue to cement it with constitutional changes every 50 years to ensure that they never hold power again...
Well, what I was talking about was a forum guaranteed to be held every 50 years (they can happen whenever critical mass produces one as well--but these would be built in. As for the amendments --they would be proposed proposed amendments every 50 years (if any changes are agreed to at the convention--that isn't guaranteed). They'd still have to be approved by 2/3 of the states.

I think your assessment of my wanting to squash (quash?) minority voices is bizarre.

Continued response to Candy....

7. "I'd get rid of the presidential pardon and have a 3 judge panel of the Most senior, Most Junior and a third Supreeme Court Justice decide on all pardons. Pardons can be requested by anyone who petitions the court for a pardon and the ones that pass that triage get considered four times a year--once per quarter except in the last year of a presidential term. Meaning that there are no more midnight pardons on the way out the door."

Um, to be pithy, no....This is one power that I don't think is too abused...We may disagree with certain President's decisions and who they have applied this too in the past, but so be it...Elections have consequences...
Equal Justice Under the Law is a pretty big thing:
1642882708161.png
Its on the facade of the Supreme Court.

Lets say Person A and Person B rob a bank and are tried and convicted at the same trial. If connected Person A and non-connected person B commit the same crime, are convicted, and are sentenced to prison... and Person A gets a pardon because he's connected....is Person B getting equal justice? Not even close.

Pardons will still be available but they just won't be dangled as a form of political payback. They would actually do what they are meant to do...correct injustices.

Shit, knowing what I know today…I would have written it from a far more authoritarian perspective….anything to stop the Left from emerging.
“We are aN ENGLISH SPEAKING Christian Nation founded by ENGLISH SPEAKING Christians yet equally tolerant and welcoming of non-Christians WE ARE NOT TOLERANT OF OTHER LANGUAGES OR RELIGIONS.
How fortunate that YOU are an irrelevant nobody who could never found anything, cockroach.

Lets say Person A and Person B rob a bank and are tried and convicted at the same trial. If connected Person A and non-connected person B commit the same crime, are convicted, and are sentenced to prison... and Person A gets a pardon because he's connected....is Person B getting equal justice? Not even close.

If person B makes a deal with the District Attorney George Soros helped get elected ...
It's possible neither one of them will go to jail ... :thup:

Every one of the concerns you have expressed can be addressed at the State Level in the State where you reside.
I won't lose a moment's sleep worrying about how bad you want to screw up your State.

Last edited:
This one is sure to fire up some folks...Consider the following:
The Constitution was written in 1787 when the countries total population was just shy of 4 million, 3 million of which were Caucasian.
Considering the makeup of today's U.S. Citizen and the dynamics of the world how different would it have been written?
Don't be scared to engage in this one.
It would read: C'mon man.
Do as we say and pay or you can't go and play !
The End

That is the beauty of codifying such things in the Constitution. If it says that early in person voting begins 2 weeks prior to election day and Election Day on a given year is November 8, in person early voting starts October 25. It doesn't swing back and fourth when someone's political opponent gets into power.

Again...I favor minimum (I should have added that in--minimum) standards for states to guarantee access to the ballot. You can have months of early voting if you want in a state, all mail in voting as 7 states do now I think, drop boxes, no drop boxes, etc...

But again...whatever the minimum standards are...CODIFY IT--preferabley in the Constitution as is germane to our discussion. The moment someone changes an election law in State X by turning a colon into a semi-colon in the statute...we have law suits, debates, appeals, yada yada yada. Just codify it at the federal level so everyone knows what the minimum rules are and be done with it. When that is the case...it makes things nice and easy. Not all of these aren't constitutional things but this is what I'm talking about... You want to get a job...you have a minimum wage and you know what they can legally offer you. You get arrested, you know your rights are to remain silent. You need to file your taxes...you have until April 15. Election Day is the Tuesday after the first Monday in even number years. You want to buy a gun...you know you can. You want to get together and protest day light savings time...you know it's guaranteed that you can.

Our disagreement is fine. That is why we have horse racing.
I’m one to believe that there should be one day to vote, in person. Preferably the Saturday after April 15th….Now, to handle the volume of voting, we could establish more polling stations, but in the end, one day period. Not weeks, not mail or harvesting, one day. And make after people have to pay their taxes.

Equal Justice Under the Law is a pretty big thing:
View attachment 591527Its on the facade of the Supreme Court.

Pardons will still be available but they just won't be dangled as a form of political payback. They would actually do what they are meant to do...correct injustices.
As we’ve seen over the past years our courts are increasingly politicized…for that reason pardon powers should remain unhindered…But I would agree that pardons should be rare.

I’m one to believe that there should be one day to vote, in person. Preferably the Saturday after April 15th….Now, to handle the volume of voting, we could establish more polling stations, but in the end, one day period. Not weeks, not mail or harvesting, one day. And make after people have to pay their taxes.

So you'd change the Election Day to the Saturday after April 15 and force everyone to vote in person?

As we’ve seen over the past years our courts are increasingly politicized…for that reason pardon powers should remain unhindered…But I would agree that pardons should be rare.
I'm not sure how you get rid of the "politicization" by keeping the power in the hands of the politicians but...whatever.

Are they "rare" now?

Forum List

Back