If the Constitution was written today...what would be different?

There wouldn't be one, and instead there would be 3, maybe 4 or 5, different countries.

One would be the West Coast called Loonlandico, where only Spanish would be spoken, another would be New England & New York & New Jersey which would be called Turdland or Assholia.

Nowadays "Turdland" are all these big city shitholes run by Democrats.

It's not the "second greatest document ever written". Unless you consider the Magna Carta the first. Because your Constitution has it's foundation in the Magna Carta.

And the USA is not the greatest nation the world has ever known. Richest - yes. Most powerful - undoubtedly. But a truly great nation in the 21st Century isn't built on racism, exploitation of the working classes, and denying rights to minorities. They don't have more people in prison than any other nation in the world, and their police are murdering people in the streets.

The greatest nation the world has ever known would be the Roman Empire, and until you rule the world for 1000 years, you're not even in second place. You haven't even existed for 300 years and you're on the brink of your second civil war, and your democracy is hanging by a thread.

Greatest nation the world has ever seen. Pfffffffffffffft!!!
You are confused Moon Bat.

Using your definition Rome was never great, just powerful.

For those thousand years 20% of the population were slaves and the empire was run by despots.

The US is great because it embraced the concept that individual freedom is superior to government control. Any failures that we had was when we lost sight of that concept.

It's not the "second greatest document ever written". Unless you consider the Magna Carta the first. Because your Constitution has it's foundation in the Magna Carta.

And the USA is not the greatest nation the world has ever known. Richest - yes. Most powerful - undoubtedly. But a truly great nation in the 21st Century isn't built on racism, exploitation of the working classes, and denying rights to minorities. They don't have more people in prison than any other nation in the world, and their police are murdering people in the streets.

The greatest nation the world has ever known would be the Roman Empire, and until you rule the world for 1000 years, you're not even in second place. You haven't even existed for 300 years and you're on the brink of your second civil war, and your democracy is hanging by a thread.

Canadians AKA little brother.

Written Behind Closed Doors by Lawyers for the 18th Century 1%

You're begging the question. We are so brainwashed with the humiliating, anti-democratic, and illogical idea that a free self-determining nation needs a totalitarian document to keep the people in their place that a different Constitution would be as oppressive as the present one.
Written by the intelligent---to protect the people from an abusive government....the constitution is not oppressive despite the communists goofy spin.

This would be a good thread for the CDZ and it would be great if people took it seriously instead of just lazily opining about some grudge.

If they would just let you figure out how to get the federal government's fingers in everyone's pie a little more ...
It probably would suit you better ... Which was exactly the point I was making ... So Thanks ... :thup:

This one is sure to fire up some folks...Consider the following:
The Constitution was written in 1787 when the countries total population was just shy of 4 million, 3 million of which were Caucasian.
Considering the makeup of today's U.S. Citizen and the dynamics of the world how different would it have been written?
Don't be scared to engage in this one.
i wouldn’t change a thing

if people want to change something, they can propose an amendment and try and get support for it

If they would just let you figure out how to get the federal government's fingers in everyone's pie a little more ...
It probably would suit you better ... Which was exactly the point I was making ... So Thanks ... :thup:

The question asked is about the Constitution. You guys don't seem to want to discuss it...just blare out baseless opinions about others. Which is fine. The OP isn't a serious poster so obviously this was just meant to be what it turned out to be...more "I'm a victim" squeals from the right wing.

There would not be a Revolution.

Remember History.

Who were primarily The Loyalists? The South Slave States.

Those people, (plantation owners) did not want The Revolution and did not participate in it.

Some of their more independent minded neighbors did, mostly industrialists, or the common man, but the core of The Democrat Party refused to participate in The Revolution.

The Dem Party Roots are in The Loyalists. After The Revolution they then became The Democrat Party of Slavery who then ceded from the Union. The Democrat Party were The Redcoats turning on The Colonists, and the People who helped The Crown and The British Army. They then were Johnny Reb.

When it comes to Individual Liberty and Freedoms, you can always count on the Dems to be on the side of Oppression and Tyranny.
i’m last i checked Virginia was a major player in the revolution…same with its plantation owners, such as washington, madison, jefferson, monroe, lee, patrick henry…etc

do they not teach american history at your schools?

the united states wasn’t built in the 21st century…

its greater than canada.....

The question asked is about the Constitution. You guys don't seem to want to discuss it...just blare out baseless opinions about others. Which is fine. The OP isn't a serious poster so obviously this was just meant to be what it turned out to be...more "I'm a victim" squeals from the right wing.

I don't have a problem with the Constitution.
I don't have a problem with the powers it grants the Federal Government.
I don't have a problem understanding that it doesn't necessarily allow the Federal Government to do whatever it wants.

I understand it actually has a means by which it can be changed that requires a somewhat broader support
by the American People than Congress can provide to actually change it.
It would be better if you just keep your fascist little hands off it and learn to follow the rules in it to start with.

That is my opinion ... Now do what is required if you want something different or go pound sand ... :thup:

Everything you have to base your current desires on is a product of our Constitution.
Your ability to sit here and discuss it is a product of our Constitution.
The dreams you have are a product of our Constitution.

That's a major downfall of the 1619 Project ...
Because in 1619 there was no United States of American or US Constitution.
We were just another British colony.

Last edited:
the united states wasn’t built in the 21st century…

If people in America right now in the 21st Century don't really understand how much they owe to our Constitution and Founding Fathers ...

I'll be glad to drop their sorry asses off in Afghanistan tomorrow ...
And I'm betting they will figure it out fairly quickly ... :thup:

The OP isn't a serious poster so obviously this was just meant to be what it turned out to be...more "I'm a victim" squeals from the right wing.

Yes, “serious posters” only post about an orange guy that had America kicking ass while hurting their feelings, they post about fictional tales like RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA and a Ukrainian quid pro quo, they post about make-believe INSURRECTIONS and how America sucks.
THANK GOD…I’m not a “serious poster”.

This one is sure to fire up some folks...Consider the following:
The Constitution was written in 1787 when the countries total population was just shy of 4 million, 3 million of which were Caucasian.
Considering the makeup of today's U.S. Citizen and the dynamics of the world how different would it have been written?
Don't be scared to engage in this one.
Well, if the Constitution were written today, that would mean we would have been a British colony until recently. Or else it would mean we would be Balkanized due to the failure of the Articles of Confederation.

So each new country would have its own Constitution.

There were originally 12 amendments proposed for the Bill of Rights.

James Madison wanted the First Amendment to be a formula for apportioning the House of Representatives. If his Amendment had been accepted, the House would currently have 1,625 members instead of 435.

I think if our Founding Fathers could have foreseen where we are today, they would have accepted Madison's proposal.

Yes, “serious posters” only post about an orange guy that had America kicking ass while hurting their feelings, they post about fictional tales like RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA and a Ukrainian quid pro quo, they post about make-believe INSURRECTIONS and how America sucks.
THANK GOD…I’m not a “serious poster”.
Good to see you're derailing your own thread... and confirming what a bad joke you are.

Well, first lets clarify...

Are you asking how I'd change the current document?

or

Are you asking what I would put into a new document?
Well, since the thread is proposing what a constitution would look like today, as if the country was a new proposal, then let's try and stick with a document from scratch...

Well, since the thread is proposing what a constitution would look like today, as if the country was a new proposal, then let's try and stick with a document from scratch...
They can’t admit what their Constitution would look like…they would have to expose their distain for America at it’s core.

Forum List

Back