If Obama gets a laws passed on free community colleges I will called him:

I deal with the Real world uncensored, you have always been miserable now even worse, btw my old handle was Wyatt warp in that forum, so you do know who you are dealing with right?

I burned your ass so many times on that forum, that you ran away from threads lmao

Btw doing great own now a lake home getting married for the third time in July to an old high school sweetheart, she is in Florida right now waiting for get son to get out of school, thanks for asking :)

Censored = still unhappy
(a dumb ass liberal after 5 years)

Wyatt Earp/bear513 = happiness
(a smart conservative after 5 years)

Got you on the ropes again, you were always to easy to fuck with

I don't have a problem investing in a college education. In fact, I plan on doing just that with my daughter next year for what academic scholarships don't cover, if any. I don't expect anything more from someone else's parents than I do myself.

You lefties constantly talk about investing the people. We've done that for over 50 years now with the war on poverty using trillions of dollars to have just as many percentage wise on poverty now as we did just before the "war" started.

Steph a major return on the investment hell Germany knows

Germany requires you to pass an exam for the privilege of attending a university, so their university population is weeded out before people apply.

Lots of luck trying to apply that system in the US.

So do we. It is called the SAT.

The SAT has no "passing" requirement. You get a score, and you get slotted in, but even people who do miserably get into SOME college.

In Germany you have to PASS it. Its called the Abitur.

Abitur - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

From the wiki on the German education system.

In order to enter university, students are, as a rule, required to have passed the Abitur examination; since 2009, however, those with a Meisterbrief (master craftsman's diploma) have also been able to apply.[5][6] Those wishing to attend a "university of applied sciences" must, as a rule, have Abitur, Fachhochschulreife, or a Meisterbrief. Lacking those qualifications, pupils are eligible to enter a university or university of applied sciences if they can present additional proof that they will be able to keep up with their fellow students through a Begabtenprüfung or Hochbegabtenstudium (which is a test confirming excellence and above average intellectual ability).

Would you rather that all colleges exclude those who YOU feel don't pass muster? What would be the purpose of that?

The point is made to compare Germany paying for university for students vs. the US. In the US since anyone can pretty much get into College the cost would be far greater, and the return far smaller.

And considering I don't create or grade the Abitur, the comparison is not valid that you made of ME making the choice.

I think Colleges need to not be considered a mandatory stop for a persons education. We already have too many college graduates doing work below their "skill level" mostly due to the fact that a lot of the degrees being earned have only application in a limited number of academic or research professions.

It is not true that in America anyone who wants to go to college can. A large part of what restricts one from going to college is the cost. Obama wants to change (at least make a start) that by making community college attendance free. Why is this a bad thing for college students (particularly for those who otherwise wouldn't get the opportunity to attend)?

So, does anyone know what the story is with this bear513 character? Does he smoke too much meth? Or is he related to Master Yoda and just not have quite the same grasp on the language? Is he a split personality with Franco? What gives?

Germany requires you to pass an exam for the privilege of attending a university, so their university population is weeded out before people apply.

Lots of luck trying to apply that system in the US.

The SAT has no "passing" requirement. You get a score, and you get slotted in, but even people who do miserably get into SOME college.

In order to enter university, students are, as a rule, required to have passed the Abitur examination; since 2009, however, those with a Meisterbrief (master craftsman's diploma) have also been able to apply.[5][6] Those wishing to attend a "university of applied sciences" must, as a rule, have Abitur, Fachhochschulreife, or a Meisterbrief. Lacking those qualifications, pupils are eligible to enter a university or university of applied sciences if they can present additional proof that they will be able to keep up with their fellow students through a Begabtenprüfung or Hochbegabtenstudium (which is a test confirming excellence and above average intellectual ability).

Would you rather that all colleges exclude those who YOU feel don't pass muster? What would be the purpose of that?

The point is made to compare Germany paying for university for students vs. the US. In the US since anyone can pretty much get into College the cost would be far greater, and the return far smaller.

And considering I don't create or grade the Abitur, the comparison is not valid that you made of ME making the choice.

I think Colleges need to not be considered a mandatory stop for a persons education. We already have too many college graduates doing work below their "skill level" mostly due to the fact that a lot of the degrees being earned have only application in a limited number of academic or research professions.

It is not true that in America anyone who wants to go to college can. A large part of what restricts one from going to college is the cost. Obama wants to change (at least make a start) that by making community college attendance free. Why is this a bad thing for college students (particularly for those who otherwise wouldn't get the opportunity to attend)?

because once you take out the cost factor people will decide to do it "just because" and we will have more people with useless degrees wondering why they are doing jobs beneath them.

It would make more sense to make vocational schools free, as those are the skills we are currently lacking in sufficient numbers.

because once you take out the cost factor people will decide to do it "just because" and we will have more people with useless degrees wondering why they are doing jobs beneath them.

It would make more sense to make vocational schools free, as those are the skills we are currently lacking in sufficient numbers.
Correction. It would make more sense to allow high school students to elect vocational school as a substitute for their junior and senior years.

As for paying for CC, handing out scholarships to everyone with tax dollars is not free, it's just stupid.

Forum List

Back