If McCarthy can't get the votes, some names are popping up as possible alternatives. 1 name floated by moderates: Retiring Michigan GOP Rep Fred Upton

Dumping McCarthy would send a huge message to the GOP RINO's...
He won't follow through on anything he is promising now... so what does it matter?...

Once again, Republicans form a circular firing squad as they embrace the demands of their extremes

Once again, Republicans form a circular firing squad as they embrace the demands of their extremes
Speaking of circular firing squads, have you seen the Brunson petition to the SC? Seems no one wants to talk about it.

That is it? You have no opinion. Why haven't the great Constitutional scholars had anything to say? You know like Obama and Dershowitz.

Here is a thread all about it. I expect to see you there. I do not want to derail this thread.

I would think Fred Upton would demonstrate more responsible....and measured...leadership than Kevin McCarthy.
Plus, McCarthy is widely considered not exactly the brightest candle on the cake.

Upton is well liked. By both sides....Republicans and Democrats.

Now, retiring may be problematic.

That is it? You have no opinion. Why haven't the great Constitutional scholars had anything to say? You know like Obama and Dershowitz.

Here is a thread all about it. I expect to see you there. I do not want to derail this thread.
You asked if I had seen it, I said no

I would think Fred Upton would demonstrate more responsible....and measured...leadership than Kevin McCarthy.
Plus, McCarthy is widely considered not exactly the brightest candle on the cake.

Upton is well liked. By both sides....Republicans and Democrats.

Now, retiring may be problematic.

Whoever Republicans select will have to deal with Rouge Republicans unwilling to compromise.

Like herding cats

Whoever Republicans select will have to deal with Rouge Republicans unwilling to compromise.

Like herding cats
They have compromised enough with Progs to where the dingy Red-Light districts in urban areas have become normalized and pushed in most public schools. That is pretty telling.

They have compromised enough with Progs to where the dingy Red-Light districts in urban areas have become normalized and pushed in most public schools. That is pretty telling.

Dumbass far right Republicans are unwilling to compromise with ANYONE.
Either accept my crazy rants or I will block the legislation

They don't have the votes to put someone else in charge. All this infighting will do is strengthen the left.

Republicans had larger majorities under John Boehner and Paul Ryan and they still couldn’t get anything done.

McCarthy is DOOMED, just like the Republican Speakers before him.

Nancy Pelosi is laughing

Dumbass far right Republicans are unwilling to compromise with ANYONE.
Either accept my crazy rants or I will block the legislation
You as a Progressive have seen magnificent gains in your beliefs that has transformed the nation over the decades. Constant turmoil is always pushed. When a low tax nation this is good for being a Republic. In a high tax nation this is bad because we became a Democracy. It is now making people poorer not in privileged situations.

You as a Progressive have seen magnificent gains in your beliefs that has transformed the nation over the decades. Constant turmoil is always pushed. When a low tax nation this is good for being a Republic. In a high tax nation this is bad because we became a Democracy. It is now making people poorer not in privileged situations.

I see Democrats getting significant legislation passed when they have control

Republicans fight more among themselves than with Democrats

I see Democrats getting significant legislation passed when they have control

Republicans fight more among themselves than with Democrats
Repub voters are constantly fed candidates who are left leaning Repubs. Some voters like it. But there are also those elected who are shills and not as advertised. And in a nation with two major parties that has several views on each side that is okay. But Prog politicians have one view and that is now to the left of their left and they vote that way. Repub voters are tired of wars. Especially when they are more patriotic in joining the military than Progs. So now Progs are the war mongers with the remaining Repub Neo Cons on their side on that issue. 100 billion dollars for Ukraine so far.

Repub voters are constantly fed candidates who are left leaning Repubs. Some voters like it. But there are also those elected who are shills and not as advertised. And in a nation with two major parties that has several views on each side that is okay. But Prog politicians have one view and that is now to the left of their left and they vote that way. Repub voters are tired of wars. Especially when they are more patriotic in joining the military than Progs. So now Progs are the war mongers with the remaining Repub Neo Cons on their side on that issue. 100 billion dollars for Ukraine so far.

Republicans are fed candidates who are not batshit crazy and are willing to work to get legislation done.

Instead, they run candidates who spout bizarre conspiracy theories, act like spoiled children and constantly demand attention

Then, when those candidates lose…….they scream that Democrats cheated

Republicans are fed candidates who are not batshit crazy and are willing to work to get legislation done.

Instead, they run candidates who spout bizarre conspiracy theories, act like spoiled children and constantly demand attention

Then, when those candidates lose…….they scream that Democrats cheated
Legislation for what? Endless legislation where there are thousands and thousands of pages with bookoo dollars spent and a lot of its payoffs and pork. We had a near split in power and Progs got 90% of Prog programs passed easily. No mandates! People can only warn unless there is an uprising. We have shown no sign of that. And the government has made sure to charge anyone who even thinks of it as insurrectionists, terrorists and racists. Which is condemning and a prison sentence guaranteed. The worst is not here yet. And Prog voters will not like it.

I've never heard of the guy. But I can tell you the MAGA caucus won't be supporting him if he is responsible and measured. Unless they think they can control him. The MAGAnuts want a flame throwing zealot who will accede to their desire to turn the House in to a star chamber.

Legislation for what? Endless legislation where there are thousands and thousands of pages with bookoo dollars spent and a lot of its payoffs and pork. We had a near split in power and Progs got 90% of Prog programs passed easily. No mandates! People can only warn unless there is an uprising. We have shown no sign of that. And the government has made sure to charge anyone who even thinks of it as insurrectionists, terrorists and racists. Which is condemning and a prison sentence guaranteed. The worst is not here yet. And Prog voters will not like it.
Legislation on inflation, gas prices, border security

You know, the things Republicans ran on

Forum List

Back