If life is so short, why do we do things that we don’t like and like so many things that we don’t do?

1629570808236.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

Are you under the impression that the point of life is only to do what you "like"? That is an infantile attitude.
Do you expect everyone has the same mindset as you Unkotare? This is a fair and honest question, just like the OP’s question.

Personally, I like fair and honest questions. Do you encourage your students to ask questions or are they afraid to “speak against” what you’re teaching? Fear of being wrong goes against the purpose of facilitating a classroom that engages students in open not closed thinking. Yes?

..... Do you encourage your students to ask questions or are they afraid to “speak against” what you’re teaching? ....
They're not afraid of questioning or being questioned, just as I am not. We get that straight on day one.

If life is so short, why do we do things that we don’t like and like so many things that we don’t do?
Personal responsibilities are either from a choice we’ve made or often brought about life by circumstances in which we have a choice or where we see only a limited number of options. For example, the stark difference between adults who choose to take care of an elderly parent and adults who feels that they are forced to do so will have two very different outcomes in mindsets. Your statement about doing things we don’t like would describe the latter situation. Sad all the way around, but particularly for the elderly parents considered to be a burden by their offspring.

The other part of your question about why we don’t do the things we love doing would in part be due to the cost of doing unique things. Adventure sports are always marked to turn a good profit as they know many adventure seekers will pay the price, even without a coupon;) Truly the best things in life are free, but I admit to enjoying some of these costly thrill rides.

Related reason why people do things over and over is with setting a pattern when they could easily improve their routines: humans set a daily routine and many people are creatures of habit. Once establishing a weekly routine many stick with it until it’s vacation time.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back