If I Shake my Fist at the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Ram. God doesn't exist to me because He's failed to prove otherwise.
Think deep on this. I don't want to offend you but do you see the assumptions that are built in to this statement?

1. God (if He exists) is a failure because He hasn't yet revealed Himself to AVG-JOE.
2. God is required to have revealed Himself to AVG-JOE by now.

1. Yes. This thread is all about me and my choice to believe that the God of Abraham is fictitious in spite of the ancient stories.

2. Of course God is required to reveal himself to me! How else are we supposed to have a 'relationship'? :dunno:

If a believer "knows" then is he/she really a believer?

Technically speaking, none of us know anything other than we think, therefore we exist. Beyond that it all boils down to life experiences, data gathering, conclusions, assumptions, beliefs, and faith.

Paul said faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. I think one obvious conclusion we can draw from that statement is being "sure" and "certain" is not the equivalent of knowing for an absolute fact.

Technically speaking, none of us know anything other than we think, therefore we exist.

were you to reach the apex of knowledge, thinking would no longer be required and is the impediment to reaching the OuterWorld of the Everlasting.

the same as there being no God were there no Evil.

Nope.

Well, on second thought. Maybe.

It proves the futility of the hacks at USMB who always try to "prove" to everyone else that "God" does not exist.

They are so hostile to religion, they imagine it is their duty to convince believers that they must "repent!"

:lmao:

It proves the futility of the hacks at USMB who always try to "prove" to everyone else that "God" does exist.

AND, it proves just as much as praying (preying) does.
Prayers are only answered for those who have faith, and pray truthfully from the heart.

That, obviously, is NOT you.

If I shake my fist at the sky and declare to God that I am impressed with neither his presence nor his proofs to date, and I challenge the aforementioned God to kill me now or forever be regarded and described by me as fictitious, does that prove anything?

Sorry Joe, but that wouldn't "prove" anything more than you engaged in an act of futility. God isn't going to respond to something like that as if he was some kind of trained circus act. God answers prayers from those who pray to him from the heart, with faith that he will answer them.

All of the most wonderful attributes of God, from His hatred of racists to His love for His creation are obviously bullshit against the back-drop of reality.

Shouldn't that say SOMETHING about the probability of His existence at all?

All of the most wonderful attributes of God, from His hatred of racists to His love for His creation are obviously bullshit against the back-drop of reality.

Shouldn't that say SOMETHING about the probability of His existence at all?

Nope.

If God exists and He established Free Will, then your question simply melts away.

Nope.

It proves the futility of the hacks at USMB who always try to "prove" to everyone else that "God" does not exist.

They are so hostile to religion, they imagine it is their duty to convince believers that they must "repent!"

:lmao:

It proves the futility of the hacks at USMB who always try to "prove" to everyone else that "God" does exist.

AND, it proves just as much as praying (preying) does.
Prayers are only answered for those who have faith, and pray truthfully from the heart.

That, obviously, is NOT you.
wrong you just believe they do.
I can't count the numbers of times I've heard believers rave about their prayers coming true.
it always turns out to be a coincidence or something vaguely like what they prayed for...

Last edited:
How fucking convenient is that?

Irrelevant.

You can't want and have free will and then validly and rationally complain about the fact that it might come with some associated costs and consequences.

Bullshit!

Free will all you want - I just want reasonable Civil Laws enforced that favor no religion so that everyone has incentive to be nice to each other, at least when they meet. If a relationship gets messy, then it's appropriate for the lawyers to sort it out, ass-u-me-ing assets in the relationship worth fighting over.

Civil Law, enforced violently if necessary, IS the associated costs and consequences.

Monkeys can NOT be relied upon to be nice to each other based on their varied belief sets, so society has two choices: Violently enforce one of the Religious Codes, or enforce a Civil Code around ALL of the religious codes.

The US Constitution is unique among Civil Documents. I'll bet $1.00 that 'Christian America' grows to hate it as more and more strangers claim it as their source for freedom.

1. Please explain as succinctly as possible what personal event you would require, in order to believe beyond any doubt, that a Creator exists.
2. Keep it as realistic as possible. In other words, demanding a million people assemble together with you and you all witness the same event, will be taken as "I don't want to believe, and nothing will convince me, period." Keep your demands personal. What would you have to experience personally?

Proof.

Hell, technically I wouldn't even need 'proof'. If I saw enough evidence that I could make a rational decision for God, I would in a minute
Ah, but you didn't answer the question my friend. What constitutes proof? What would be evidence enough?

Could be anything. It would have to start with a story that was a better reflection of the real evidence on the ground than the Torah, New Testament and Koran currently offer as pathways to the God of Abraham...

Luck would also work... If I saw a religious group that was obviously separated from the rest of The Monkeys by their incredible luck and success, that could constitute evidence of the Divine.

Nope.

:

If you you guys weren't constantly doing batshit crazy stuff to please your imaginary sky man, we'd be less concerned.

How fucking convenient is that?

Irrelevant.

You can't want and have free will and then validly and rationally complain about the fact that it might come with some associated costs and consequences.

Bullshit!

Free will all you want - I just want reasonable Civil Laws enforced that favor no religion so that everyone has incentive to be nice to each other, at least when they meet. If a relationship gets messy, then it's appropriate for the lawyers to sort it out, ass-u-me-ing assets in the relationship worth fighting over.

Civil Law, enforced violently if necessary, IS the associated costs and consequences.

Monkeys can NOT be relied upon to be nice to each other based on their varied belief sets, so society has two choices: Violently enforce one of the Religious Codes, or enforce a Civil Code around ALL of the religious codes.

The US Constitution is unique among Civil Documents. I'll bet $1.00 that 'Christian America' grows to hate it as more and more strangers claim it as their source for freedom.

I'll take that bet. As a Christian and a patriot, I love freedom for all US citizens, born to it, or naturalized into it.
What I object to are non citizens claiming that right and then using it against us.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure it's intolerance Joe. We've always been a country open to immigration, but foreigners flooding into our country, claiming our rights for themselves, and expecting the perks of our Constitution, without the naturalizing process is causing us all kinds of problems.
If you sneak into France, are you French?

Last edited:
Nope.

:

If you you guys weren't constantly doing batshit crazy stuff to please your imaginary sky man, we'd be less concerned.

"you guys?"

Listen up you ignorant bombastic simpleton: You don't know diddly fucking dog about my religious beliefs.

And just because YOU happen not to believe in God doesn't make God an "imaginary" sky man, either. Your ignorance and arrogance are on full display.

Nobody except a few outlying statistics (like the murderous Muslim extremists) are doing anything batshit crazy, either.

And I don't give a shit if you are "concerned" and I don't care what would or wouldn't make you "less concerned."

The FACT remains. You are an intolerant zealot.

Thankfully, even if you are too much of a stupid dick smoker to appreciate it, you happen to have religious freedom. So, you are free to believe or disbelieve. Just like those with whom you disagree are free to HAVE their beliefs. But shit for brain intolerant assholes like you just can't be happy until and unless you "convince" others to believe as you happen to believe.

You stupid turd. If the religious zealots can't convince you of the existence of a divine Creator, what makes a lowlife pile of shit like you imagine that you can convince anybody who believes in God that they are "wrong?"

When it comes to logic and persuasion, you are the pits.

I'm not so sure it's intolerance Joe. We've always been a country open to immigration, but foreigners flooding into our country, claiming our rights for themselves, and expecting the perks of our Constitution, without the naturalizing process is causing us all kinds of problems.

What about the strangers within? The non-Christian Americans... The pervs, gays, weirdos, draft-dodgers and baby killers who were born here? How tolerant as THEY continue to stand on The Constitution, demanding equal protection under the law for THEIR lifestyles?

What about the strangers within? The non-Christian Americans... The pervs, gays, weirdos, draft-dodgers and baby killers who were born here? How tolerant as THEY continue to stand on The Constitution, demanding equal protection under the law for THEIR lifestyles?

What ABOUT them? Pervs can be pervs as long as they don't inflict themselves on others who cannot or do not consent. Gays are perfectly free to be gay and, if anything, they are having their rights protected more and more. What ABOUT draft dodgers? They are entitled to some special protection when they break the law? What protections do baby killers get, exactly? When accused of murder, they get all the rights of the accused that anybody else charged with crimes get.

In fact, it's not very clear what it is you are asking here.

Is there some SPECIAL rights "they" have (or should have) which they aren't getting?

:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back