If I Shake my Fist at the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I shake my fist at the sky and declare to God that I am impressed with neither his presence nor his proofs to date and I challenge the aforementioned God to kill me now or forever be regarded and described by me as fictitious, does that prove anything?

:eusa_think:

If God did kill you now, you still wouldn't have proof that he exists because you won't have any remembrance of living in this first age.

Ahh, but the rest of you would have something better than gold!

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I like the sound of my own voice.

Obviously.

protip: Carrying your proposition through would reveal a whole lot more about you than it could ever reveal about God. Even if you died of cardiac arrest the instant you shook your fist, I'm sure you realize your buddies would blow it off as anything but God.

I don't think I got an answer from the last person I asked. Maybe you would care to try.

1. Please explain as succinctly as possible what personal event you would require, in order to believe beyond any doubt, that a Creator exists.
2. Keep it as realistic as possible. In other words, demanding a million people assemble together with you and you all witness the same event, will be taken as "I don't want to believe, and nothing will convince me, period." Keep your demands personal. What would you have to experience personally?

Question number one doesn't fit the Christian / Catholic God's word, it would be a non-starter question because if God was "proven" to any seeking actual proof, then Faith is no longer required.

With that said God, faith is required - reading its Bible.

There is no proof to any believers that God is real. They just have faith that he's real.

To me, I believe in a power that started existence but I do not believe in any of our worldly Religions. I cannot pretend to believe what my brain cannot fathom.

What I'm left with is what I know: something can't come from nothing, thus a catalyst. And two, the stories of bibles, be they parables or literal, do not match any reality I've ever seen or witnessed and so I'm forced a skeptic.

If there is a God that has his hand in human life, I am greatly disappointed. Our bodies are susceptible to time and decay. Our children are susceptible to the decisions of our corrupted adults. Our adults are corrupted. Life is in great part what you personally choose to focus on.

When I think of things like the sun and the Ocean, like my Daughter, my wife..........sex, the beach - I think: "well done, if there's someone up somewhere to receive this compliment."

When I think of things like the partisan spite and hatred on message boards, like needless water shortages, wars, death, destruction, fossil fuels when cleaner are available if we could only work TOGETHER as a species, and drop being spiddling nationalists........etc....... - I think: "If anyone is up there, poor job homey."

There's all kinds of theories you can have fun with though, Joe.

One that my friend and I, who absolutely love the series "Through the Wormhole" love to ponder is that we are inside of some sort of super computer.

If you think about dna, for example, and how we are (when broken down and simplified), in effect a code - and also that we function via electro-magnetism.............well, it pretty much intrigues the living shit out of me.

If we could foster a way to transfer our acting brain and consciousness into a machine which harnesses renewable energy, we could live forever.

We were put here to self preserve, hence the instinct to want sex.
We are blessed to eventually become smart enough to preserve indefinitely.
This fact amazes me. : )

If there is a God that has his hand in human life, I am greatly disappointed. Our bodies are susceptible to time and decay. Our children are susceptible to the decisions of our corrupted adults. Our adults are corrupted. Life is in great part what you personally choose to focus on.

When I think of things like the sun and the Ocean, like my Daughter, my wife..........sex, the beach - I think: "well done, if there's someone up somewhere to receive this compliment."

When I think of things like the partisan spite and hatred on message boards, like needless water shortages, wars, death, destruction, fossil fuels when cleaner are available if we could only work TOGETHER as a species, and drop being spiddling nationalists........etc....... - I think: "If anyone is up there, poor job homey."

GT, you identify the problems caused by man, and you identified the solution, resolved my man. Then you blame God for it.
If instead of giving us free will, He could have mapped out every step we take, and we would curse Him every morning for not letting us go where we want.
Every good gift is from God. Man doing evil is Satan's pleasure.

Like taunting God with a fist in the air and demanding He kill, or else. That's what Satan likes to see, and would have loved it if God had performed in the manner He was told to by Joe.

Joe, just as your parents loved you enough not to kill you when you pissed them off, your Father in Heaven loves you more. He's used to our screw ups, our arrogance, our IQ.

You are His little lamb. No Shepherd would kill His lamb for following the refection of green grass into the still water and nearly drowning. He'd save that lamb. Because He is merciful unto our iniquities. Your still beating heart is proof of that.

You eliminated Him, because He loved you enough not to eliminate you. To which I say, "way to go homey!", cause He could have, and didn't. And I'm glad. :clap2:

Last edited:
If I shake my fist at the sky and declare to God that I am impressed with neither his presence nor his proofs to date and I challenge the aforementioned God to kill me now or forever be regarded and described by me as fictitious, does that prove anything?

It proves that you a coocoo for coacoa puffs.

Try it. If you tense up...

GT, you identify the problems caused by man, and you identified the solution, resolved my man. Then you blame God for it.
If instead of giving us free will, He could have mapped out every step we take, and we would curse Him every morning for not letting us go where we want.

Like taunting God with a fist in the air and demanding He kill, or else. That's what Satan likes to see, and would have loved it if God had performed in the manner He was told to by Joe.

Joe, just as your parents loved you enough not to kill you when you pissed them off, your Father in Heaven loves you more. He's used to our screw ups, our arrogance, our IQ.

You are His little lamb. No Shepherd would kill His lamb for following the refection of green grass into the still water and nearly drowning. He'd save that lamb. Because He is merciful unto our iniquities. Your still beating heart is proof of that.

You eliminated Him, because He loved you enough not to function based on your lack of understanding. To which I say, "way to go homey!", cause He could have, and didn't. And I'm glad. :clap2:

I don't believe in what you've said here, but thanks for taking the time out good sir.

When it comes to "religion," I don't care very much what you believe. It shouldn't urgently matter to you what I believe or what anyone else believes, either.

A wonderful thing about America, when it comes to religion, is that the First Amendment freedom of religion clause is so objective in that very way. Most Americans who have religious faith are Christians. But America doesn't get in your grille if you are Jewish or Muslim or animist or Wiccan or whatever. You can be devout or you can be a-religious or anti-religious. You simply get no say in what I choose to believe or choose not to believe (other than your right to share your own beliefs, of course). I remain free to accept or reject what you say in that regard.

By God, America is great.

I still wonder what crawls up the ass of all those who who are so venomous in their hostility to anybody with any religious belief. We get it. You don't believe in a creator or an Almighty. But why do you find it so urgent to get others to agree with you? Enjoy your own disbelief. Share it, even. Have a blast.

But stop worrying about it if others don't buy what you are attempting to peddle. Really. Lighten the fuck up.

For my part, I continue to believe in a Creator. I am not at all convinced that the Creator gives a hoot about religion, though.

There's all kinds of theories you can have fun with though, Joe.

One that my friend and I, who absolutely love the series "Through the Wormhole" love to ponder is that we are inside of some sort of super computer.

If you think about dna, for example, and how we are (when broken down and simplified), in effect a code - and also that we function via electro-magnetism.............well, it pretty much intrigues the living shit out of me.

If we could foster a way to transfer our acting brain and consciousness into a machine which harnesses renewable energy, we could live forever.

We were put here to self preserve, hence the instinct to want sex.
We are blessed to eventually become smart enough to preserve indefinitely.
This fact amazes me. : )

We are energy. Energy is information and information consists of God's thoughts. In other words, we are nothing but God's dream come true.

Yes.

QW's sig line said:
I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything -- you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.

:clap2:

Gotta to believe in something.... don't be too set on what it might be (you could be be disappointed afterwards :tongue:)....but ya' gotta believe in something, makes life easier. :)

You eliminated Him, because He loved you enough not to function based on your lack of understanding. To which I say, "way to go homey!", cause He could have, and didn't. And I'm glad. :clap2:

I don't believe in what you've said here, but thanks for taking the time out good sir.
sir is a her...

after reading all the posts...it's not surprising that a high percentage of "believers" say either it not a good idea, it's foolish or god does not care or thinks it's funny.
how would they know having never tried it.?
could be enlightening..

Gotta to believe in something.... don't be too set on what it might be (you could be be disappointed afterwards :tongue:)....but ya' gotta believe in something, makes life easier. :)

I tell you what I do believe in... Time and Luck.

With a little Luck, Monkeys will keep plunging through Time until a generation stumbles across the keys to a starship.

Education.
Education.
Education.​
:eusa_shhh:

Education??????????? it made my life hell!!!:tongue: Lord how I hated school and University!:razz: ^^^^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back