If I lived in Ca I would be pissed

Again another myth. Only 13% of the homeless in California are from other states. California produces The vast majority of their homeless.
Wow, you defy logic. When I become homeless, I'm moving to where the weather sucks.

No, he's just stating facts. The fact that they don't conform to your paradigm is on you, not him.
facts? i CAN'T remember once a homeless told me he is from California....and I have spoken to hundreds throughout the years. Why? Oh and also the vast majority of them are white....I can give you names of areas where they hang out, streets, stores, shelters and so much more....And I encourage you do a survey....but i'll help you in advance, most of them are white and most are not from California.

A survey has been done, read the article, if you have something different and is based on facts, post the link, otherwise I would say you are mistaken. Why do you talk to hundreds of homeless?
I speak to hundreds of homeless because I've lived here for 20 years and interact with them daily.

Doesn’t mean much, the facts are the fact in spite of what you claim. Prove it.

Not blaming, just wondering why so many in California, Oregon and Washington are homeless. My wife is from Cal, her family still all live there. Her family has lived in California since the 1800's.

87% of the homeless are from California, the facts are the facts.

Prove it. If you claim 87% of the homeless are from CA, you must have the fact / evidence at hand.

I have linked it twice already, in fact the link is in the quotes above. I'll quote part of the article that pertains to the 87%. Now, how I arrived at the 87% are from California is, the article states that only 13% of the homeless are from out of state. So you take 100% subtract 13% and that equals 87%. Go ahead and use your calculator that might help.

Dispelling myths about California’s homeless

FTA:
Myth #1: California’s homeless are from somewhere else -- and moved here for the mild weather and social services.

Reality: Experts say this is one of the most common and inaccurate assumptions about homeless Californians.

"People when they become homeless, more often than not are from the community in which they’re living homeless," said Ben Avey, a spokesman with Sacramento Steps Forward, a nonprofit dedicated to ending homelessness in the Capital City. "And they often move to the streets very near where they lived in the past. You may not recognize them. But they are members of your community."

Chris Martin, an expert on homeless policy for the nonprofit Housing California, added that the stereotype "is just not true."

Martin cited a study from May 2018 by the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority, which found 75 percent of the people on the street in Los Angeles County had a home in that same county before they lost it. It also showed that 65 percent of the unsheltered homeless had lived in that county for at least 20 years. Only 13 percent were from out of state.

So you presume 87% were born in California, but that does not prove they are all from California. Specifying if they are native Californians or foreign born really matters not, homelessness is a problem not easily defined nor solved; but using it to put the blame on CA Pols is really your point, and that is what makes your comment dishonest.

"There are lies, damn lies and statistics"
anon

Where did I presume anything, read the damn article. Issa claimed 99% of the homeless in California were from other states, I thought that was extremely high and he provided no proof to back his claim. I went on the internet and found him not only to be wrong but way off. He is notorious for BSing on this board, I called him out again and you call me dishonest? You are the one that is dishonest.
I said 99%? Provide a proof.

My apologies, you stated 90% and you are still wrong. The actual percentage is 13% not 90%. Again 13%.

Prove it. If you claim 87% of the homeless are from CA, you must have the fact / evidence at hand.

I have linked it twice already, in fact the link is in the quotes above. I'll quote part of the article that pertains to the 87%. Now, how I arrived at the 87% are from California is, the article states that only 13% of the homeless are from out of state. So you take 100% subtract 13% and that equals 87%. Go ahead and use your calculator that might help.

FTA:
Myth #1: California’s homeless are from somewhere else -- and moved here for the mild weather and social services.

Reality: Experts say this is one of the most common and inaccurate assumptions about homeless Californians.

"People when they become homeless, more often than not are from the community in which they’re living homeless," said Ben Avey, a spokesman with Sacramento Steps Forward, a nonprofit dedicated to ending homelessness in the Capital City. "And they often move to the streets very near where they lived in the past. You may not recognize them. But they are members of your community."

Chris Martin, an expert on homeless policy for the nonprofit Housing California, added that the stereotype "is just not true."

Martin cited a study from May 2018 by the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority, which found 75 percent of the people on the street in Los Angeles County had a home in that same county before they lost it. It also showed that 65 percent of the unsheltered homeless had lived in that county for at least 20 years. Only 13 percent were from out of state.

So you presume 87% were born in California, but that does not prove they are all from California. Specifying if they are native Californians or foreign born really matters not, homelessness is a problem not easily defined nor solved; but using it to put the blame on CA Pols is really your point, and that is what makes your comment dishonest.

anon

Where did I presume anything, read the damn article. Issa claimed 99% of the homeless in California were from other states, I thought that was extremely high and he provided no proof to back his claim. I went on the internet and found him not only to be wrong but way off. He is notorious for BSing on this board, I called him out again and you call me dishonest? You are the one that is dishonest.

My apologies, you stated 90% and you are still wrong. The actual percentage is 13% not 90%. Again 13%.
I see the facts on daily basis, those numbers are as good as some numbers during the 2016 elections.

FTA:

anon

I see the facts on daily basis, those numbers are as good as some numbers during the 2016 elections.

You ignore facts. Lie all you want, I continue to call your lying butt out.

anon

Facts are I see and hear personally...those are facts.

Not quite sure I understand how this works. We've heard of the New Green Deal, solar power and wind power. So in California, the so call leader in anything liberal....when the wind blows they cut off the power. Sounds like political BS.

No that is made up crap to fit your narrative. I talked to thousands of homeless in California and not one was from out of state. LOL!!!!!!

If you hadn't been so footloose and fancy free in past threads, I'd half believe you but you have been less than accurate in the past.

So, you can make up all the BS you want to, no one is buying it.

It really is the ol' bait and switch....and the Ca. taxpayer once again is getting screwed.
This is liberalism on display
If you lived in Californica and weren't illegal, a Woketard or housebound, then you are an idiot.

No that is made up crap to fit your narrative. I talked to thousands of homeless in California and not one was from out of state. LOL!!!!!!

If you hadn't been so footloose and fancy free in past threads, I'd half believe you but you have been less than accurate in the past.

No one is you....why would i lie? West Los angeles is a known fact that most residents are from somewhere so are the homeless who come here from other states and cities.
And i'll make a deal with , I will ask for the next few days 100 homeless where they are originally from and if is not more than 90% I'll quit this board. You can come out here do the survey and debunk me if you want.

I have tons and tons of friends, family members associates and people I know through various programs/activities, etc....It is a sock when soemone over 30 tells you he grow up here....the casual question where you from.....super rare when you find someone over 30 or 40 who was born and raised here....so how can the homeeless be any different? or are they lying to us when they tell us they ran away from bad weather and stingy shithole red states?

No one is you....why would i lie? West Los angeles is a known fact that most residents are from somewhere so are the homeless who come here from other states and cities.
And i'll make a deal with , I will ask for the next few days 100 homeless where they are originally from and if is not more than 90% I'll quit this board. You can come out here do the survey and debunk me if you want.

I have tons and tons of friends, family members associates and people I know through various programs/activities, etc....It is a sock when soemone over 30 tells you he grow up here....the casual question where you from.....super rare when you find someone over 30 or 40 who was born and raised here....so how can the homeeless be any different? or are they lying to us when they tell us they ran away from bad weather and stingy shithole red states?

First off, I really don't care if you post here or not, it is no big deal to me. Why would I believe you over an actual, real, survey? You make up crap all the time.

No, what you are describing is called "hearsay". I can claim to have seen martians. Doesn't mean I did.

It really is the ol' bait and switch....and the Ca. taxpayer once again is getting screwed.
This is liberalism on display
If you lived in Californica and weren't illegal, a Woketard or housebound, then you are an idiot.

LOL! Until recently I was one of those idiots. But I was there because I was able to snag a failing business for a song that actually had great potential. The owner was just targeting the wrong demographic. I saw the problem. Within four years I turned it around and was flush. I sold it for a substantial chunk of change. After that though, it was time to get out! We left two months earlier than planned because of a run in with CPS. Yep! California is a nightmare.

See my California story: This is your life on Democratic rule; just say no

48.5 cents in Cowtown and the roads in Tarrant County are worse now than in the 40s. Our roads should be paved with gold.
I am from Arlington TX, and I know that Cowtowns roads used to be paved in cow crap, lol.

We consider Texas! We chose Arizona, but it came down to those two states in the end when we knew we were leaving California Venezuela.

48.5 cents in Cowtown and the roads in Tarrant County are worse now than in the 40s. Our roads should be paved with gold.
I am from Arlington TX, and I know that Cowtowns roads used to be paved in cow crap, lol.

We consider Texas! We chose Arizona, but it came down to those two states in the end when we knew we were leaving California Venezuela.

Arizona, New Mexico and western Texas beginning in Fort Worth are all pretty much the same as far as the people go. I think New Mexico is going to flip red in 2020, but the state is still yellow dog Democrat, but the people are great. Hispanic Americans in that area remind me of the old Texans I knew growing up, kindly, polite, common sense and will knock you on your ass if you are rude to their ladies.

Arizona is a great choice, just h ope you all can stand against the tide of fleeing Los Anglos, lol.

First off, I really don't care if you post here or not, it is no big deal to me. Why would I believe you over an actual, real, survey? You make up crap all the time.
You do care about me posting..you are following me like a dog. Secondly I gave you reality as I live it and you giving me surveys, I like to eleive what I see on daily basis.

You do care about me posting..you are following me like a dog. Secondly I gave you reality as I live it and you giving me surveys, I like to eleive what I see on daily basis.

Whether you post or not, I am still going to post, I was here long before you came on here and started lying.

I have fact, you have hearsay, hearsay is 2nd info, like I said, believe what you need to believe however you are wrong and have failed to prove otherwise. I just think you are ignorant and your failure to accept the truth keeps you ignorant. Congrats.

Whether you post or not, I am still going to post, I was here long before you came on here and started lying.

I have fact, you have hearsay, hearsay is 2nd info, like I said, believe what you need to believe however you are wrong and have failed to prove otherwise. I just think you are ignorant and your failure to accept the truth keeps you ignorant. Congrats.
Lie about stating facts of my daily experiences with the homeless for 20 years?
Ok!!!

Lie about stating facts of my daily experiences with the homeless for 20 years?
Ok!!!

You claimed 90%, the actual is 13%. Dude, you aren’t even close and why would you be talking to 100’s of homeless people?

Forum List

Back