If I lived in Ca I would be pissed

no but there are many here who think most of the homeless are from other states.....approx 75% of the homeless in and around LA are Californians.....
Pohahaha bullshit...if most Californians are not even from Here how can 75% the homeless be from here?
I live on the west side of LA around 75% white, anyone older than 30 I'll be shocked if they tell me they are from here most are feom different states....my wife was born here and she is 50 and she is like a treasure hardly anyone her age is from here.
Throughout the years I spoke to many homeless and we get tons of them due to the help they get....I can safely say 90% are white and 90% are from outside of California.
I always say the homeless problem in the west in general and specifically the US is a cultural problem, where family values are lost, selfishness is the main motor of society.

You can “safely” say? Again you are wrong and spout misinformation. The homeless do not flock to California due to the help they get, the help is no different than anywhere else. Secondly only 13% of the California homeless are from other states.

As California, Oregon and Washington are having large homeless issues, mainly from their own states. Look for what all three have in common.

Dispelling myths about California’s homeless
FTA:
Myth #1: California’s homeless are from somewhere else -- and moved here for the mild weather and social services.

Reality: Experts say this is one of the most common and inaccurate assumptions about homeless Californians.

"People when they become homeless, more often than not are from the community in which they’re living homeless," said Ben Avey, a spokesman with Sacramento Steps Forward, a nonprofit dedicated to ending homelessness in the Capital City. "And they often move to the streets very near where they lived in the past. You may not recognize them. But they are members of your community."

Chris Martin, an expert on homeless policy for the nonprofit Housing California, added that the stereotype "is just not true."

Martin cited a study from May 2018 by the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority, which found 75 percent of the people on the street in Los Angeles County had a home in that same county before they lost it. It also showed that 65 percent of the unsheltered homeless had lived in that county for at least 20 years. Only 13 percent were from out of state.
I would love to believe the numbers....but my city is known to be one of the most generous cities towards the homeless and I've known and spoke to hundreds of homeless people most and I can safely say are from out of state/City.....heck even other citizens most are from other states....my wife who is 50 and was born is a rare find and we always joke about it especially if someone else tells us he was born here. California is immigration magnet internationally, nationally and even for the homeless. Blaming California for the homeless is cowardly, because those in the streets are Americans who have mental, drug and other issues and many are veterans.
We need to give crazy Cali back to Mexico... Where it belongs
that's 12% of the GDP you dumbo....plus you'll have to pay more for food, high tech and so much more....we might even PPV all the entertainment. You cons say the dumbest stuff.
Lol
I hunt and raise all my own food for me and my family, and who gives a fucking shit about Hollywood?

Pohahaha bullshit...if most Californians are not even from Here how can 75% the homeless be from here?
I live on the west side of LA around 75% white, anyone older than 30 I'll be shocked if they tell me they are from here most are feom different states....my wife was born here and she is 50 and she is like a treasure hardly anyone her age is from here.
Throughout the years I spoke to many homeless and we get tons of them due to the help they get....I can safely say 90% are white and 90% are from outside of California.
I always say the homeless problem in the west in general and specifically the US is a cultural problem, where family values are lost, selfishness is the main motor of society.
Its the weather. If it sucked, they would be somewhere else.

Again another myth. Only 13% of the homeless in California are from other states. California produces The vast majority of their homeless.
Wow, you defy logic. When I become homeless, I'm moving to where the weather sucks.

No, he's just stating facts. The fact that they don't conform to your paradigm is on you, not him.
facts? i CAN'T remember once a homeless told me he is from California....and I have spoken to hundreds throughout the years. Why? Oh and also the vast majority of them are white....I can give you names of areas where they hang out, streets, stores, shelters and so much more....And I encourage you do a survey....but i'll help you in advance, most of them are white and most are not from California.
and yet you have nothing proving that while Pappa showed you a link saying you are wrong....lets see something backing you up....

Again another myth. Only 13% of the homeless in California are from other states. California produces The vast majority of their homeless.
Wow, you defy logic. When I become homeless, I'm moving to where the weather sucks.

No, he's just stating facts. The fact that they don't conform to your paradigm is on you, not him.
facts? i CAN'T remember once a homeless told me he is from California....and I have spoken to hundreds throughout the years. Why? Oh and also the vast majority of them are white....I can give you names of areas where they hang out, streets, stores, shelters and so much more....And I encourage you do a survey....but i'll help you in advance, most of them are white and most are not from California.

I have multiple friends who are cops who deal with the homeless every day. They disagree with you.

thats because you refuse to look at the not so great part of the state....and maybe 30 years ago it was the best of everything,now its like i said....you refuse to acknowledge the negative things going on today which was nothing 30 years ago,but are major problems today....take the California flag out of your ass issa and take a look around,you might see many struggling to make ends meet,still many inland without jobs.....roads that need at least repair...homelessness increasing daily..... the list goes on...

Homelessness is a problem throughout the United States; I've not seen a study to prove CA has more per capita than other states.

The issue is not local politics, or of the State of CA's governance. It is the fault of The Congress which has not engaged in honest debates to reduce the numbers of this nationwide malady.

The War on Drugs is a failure, Mental health is not funded at a level necessary; thus the serious mentally ill end up in jails and prisons or left on the streets.

Drug addicts and alcoholics spend more time in jail than in treatment, they too add to the problem which cries for a solution, yet The Congress walks down the sidewalk and steps over those sleeping in doorways (metaphorically).
no but there are many here who think most of the homeless are from other states.....approx 75% of the homeless in and around LA are Californians.....

You can “safely” say? Again you are wrong and spout misinformation. The homeless do not flock to California due to the help they get, the help is no different than anywhere else. Secondly only 13% of the California homeless are from other states.

As California, Oregon and Washington are having large homeless issues, mainly from their own states. Look for what all three have in common.

FTA:
Myth #1: California’s homeless are from somewhere else -- and moved here for the mild weather and social services.

Reality: Experts say this is one of the most common and inaccurate assumptions about homeless Californians.

"People when they become homeless, more often than not are from the community in which they’re living homeless," said Ben Avey, a spokesman with Sacramento Steps Forward, a nonprofit dedicated to ending homelessness in the Capital City. "And they often move to the streets very near where they lived in the past. You may not recognize them. But they are members of your community."

Chris Martin, an expert on homeless policy for the nonprofit Housing California, added that the stereotype "is just not true."

Martin cited a study from May 2018 by the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority, which found 75 percent of the people on the street in Los Angeles County had a home in that same county before they lost it. It also showed that 65 percent of the unsheltered homeless had lived in that county for at least 20 years. Only 13 percent were from out of state.
I would love to believe the numbers....but my city is known to be one of the most generous cities towards the homeless and I've known and spoke to hundreds of homeless people most and I can safely say are from out of state/City.....heck even other citizens most are from other states....my wife who is 50 and was born is a rare find and we always joke about it especially if someone else tells us he was born here. California is immigration magnet internationally, nationally and even for the homeless. Blaming California for the homeless is cowardly, because those in the streets are Americans who have mental, drug and other issues and many are veterans.

Not blaming, just wondering why so many in California, Oregon and Washington are homeless. My wife is from Cal, her family still all live there. Her family has lived in California since the 1800's.

87% of the homeless are from California, the facts are the facts.

A survey has been done, read the article, if you have something different and is based on facts, post the link, otherwise I would say you are mistaken. Why do you talk to hundreds of homeless?

A survey has been done, read the article, if you have something different and is based on facts, post the link, otherwise I would say you are mistaken. Why do you talk to hundreds of homeless?
issa thinks that if he asks a homeless person were they are from and they say NY....thats it,they are from NY.....even though they may have lived in California for the last 30 years.....he has a problem with native born vs people born elsewhere, even though they also just might be long time residents of the state.....

Homelessness is a problem throughout the United States; I've not seen a study to prove CA has more per capita than other states.

The issue is not local politics, or of the State of CA's governance. It is the fault of The Congress which has not engaged in honest debates to reduce the numbers of this nationwide malady.

The War on Drugs is a failure, Mental health is not funded at a level necessary; thus the serious mentally ill end up in jails and prisons or left on the streets.

Drug addicts and alcoholics spend more time in jail than in treatment, they too add to the problem which cries for a solution, yet The Congress walks down the sidewalk and steps over those sleeping in doorways (metaphorically).

FTA:

Not blaming, just wondering why so many in California, Oregon and Washington are homeless. My wife is from Cal, her family still all live there. Her family has lived in California since the 1800's.

Prove it. If you claim 87% of the homeless are from CA, you must have the fact / evidence at hand.

FTA:

Prove it. If you claim 87% of the homeless are from CA, you must have the fact / evidence at hand.

He provided the link to the study. Use your head before your mouth next time.

FTA:

he did prove it.....geezus wry read all the posts...

FTA:

I have linked it twice already, in fact the link is in the quotes above. I'll quote part of the article that pertains to the 87%. Now, how I arrived at the 87% are from California is, the article states that only 13% of the homeless are from out of state. So you take 100% subtract 13% and that equals 87%. Go ahead and use your calculator that might help.

FTA:

FTA:

I have linked it twice already, in fact the link is in the quotes above. I'll quote part of the article that pertains to the 87%. Now, how I arrived at the 87% are from California is, the article states that only 13% of the homeless are from out of state. So you take 100% subtract 13% and that equals 87%. Go ahead and use your calculator that might help.

FTA:

So you presume 87% were born in California, but that does not prove they are all from California. Specifying if they are native Californians or foreign born really matters not, homelessness is a problem not easily defined nor solved; but using it to put the blame on CA Pols is really your point, and that is what makes your comment dishonest.

"There are lies, damn lies and statistics"
anon

FTA:

FTA:

So you presume 87% were born in California, but that does not prove they are all from California. Specifying if they are native Californians or foreign born really matters not, homelessness is a problem not easily defined nor solved; but using it to put the blame on CA Pols is really your point, and that is what makes your comment dishonest.

anon

Where did I presume anything, read the damn article. Issa claimed 99% of the homeless in California were from other states, I thought that was extremely high and he provided no proof to back his claim. I went on the internet and found him not only to be wrong but way off. He is notorious for BSing on this board, I called him out again and you call me dishonest? You are the one that is dishonest.

FTA:

anon

Where did I presume anything, read the damn article. Issa claimed 99% of the homeless in California were from other states, I thought that was extremely high and he provided no proof to back his claim. I went on the internet and found him not only to be wrong but way off. He is notorious for BSing on this board, I called him out again and you call me dishonest? You are the one that is dishonest.

Nice spin, no logic but as I expect, instead of accepting my logic, you choose to post a personal attack.

Note, I didn't specify a number or percentages, I simply offered an alternative interpretation of a statistic. Hence, there are liars, damn liars and the misuse of statistics.

FTA:

anon

Nice spin, no logic but as I expect, instead of accepting my logic, you choose to post a personal attack.

Note, I didn't specify a number or percentages, I simply offered an alternative interpretation of a statistic. Hence, there are liars, damn liars and the misuse of statistics.

If you think that there is no logic in his re;ply then you have proven beyond doubt that you are nothing more than a ridiculous retard and troll. The study is a legit one. Your refusal to either read it or acknowledge its existence relegates you to moron land.

FTA:

anon

If you think that there is no logic in his re;ply then you have proven beyond doubt that you are nothing more than a ridiculous retard and troll. The study is a legit one. Your refusal to either read it or acknowledge its existence relegates you to moron land.

Listen carefully asshole, my response on nativity has merit. That Your are bigotry and pathological hate blinds you.

FTA:

anon

Listen carefully asshole, my response on nativity has merit. That Your are bigotry and pathological hate blinds you.

Fuck you. You are a partisan whore. He presented real evidence which you ignored. That makes you an intellectually dishonest piece of shit.

Now piss off troll.

FTA:

anon

I disputed issa's claim and gave fact to back my claim up. You claimed I was being dishonest, I responded in kind. Sorry, if you don't like it.

FTA:

FTA:

anon
wry the majority of the homeless in California are California residents,regardless if they were born in the state or not...as long as they used to own a house or paid rent and paid state taxes....they are a resident...

I speak to hundreds of homeless because I've lived here for 20 years and interact with them daily.

FTA:

anon

I said 99%? Provide a proof.

Forum List

Back