Zone1 If I had not been raised Catholic... it would have been a disaster

I'm not the only one who thinks reducing suffering of humans and animals is a noble cause.

You think it isn;t because I don't involve any gods in my choices.
Again... you thinking it doesn't make you a good person. And my thinking that has nothing to do with your lack of religious beliefs. My belief applies to anyone who rationalizes they are good people regardless of their religious convictions. I'm not the one hung up on other people's religious choices. You are.

So what? I told you so what.

Even when slavery was accepted there were those who knew it was wrong. So arguing that because more people believed that slavery was moral that didn't make it moral. And in fact, is an idiotic argument. Morals like logic and truth are independent of man. It's not a popularity contest. It's a logic thing. Standards exist for logical reasons.
Again so what?

Humanism was around back then too.

It has nothing to do with gods

Again... you thinking it doesn't make you a good person. And my thinking that has nothing to do with your lack of religious beliefs. My belief applies to anyone who rationalizes they are good people regardless of their religious convictions. I'm not the one hung up on other people's religious choices. You are.
I never said I was a good person.

And you don't need religion or gods to strive to be a good person.

Forum List

Back