If Guns Are Leading Cause Of Death Among Children; Why Not Arm More Children?

"Firearms were the leading cause of death for kids one and older for the first time in 2020, the most recent year for which CDC data is available. The firearm death rate among children is steadily rising, as more kids are involved in gun-related homicides like Tuesday's mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas, as well as suicides and accidents. [60%] of the 4,368 U.S. children up to age 19 who were killed by guns in 2020 were homicide victims, another 30% of firearm-related child fatalities were suicides, 3% were accidental and 2% were of undetermined intent."
View attachment 652254

First of all....where in the 2A does it permit a tyrannical government to restrict the gun rights of a child?? If we know that the leading cause of death among children is by the gun, why are we not addressing the bad kid with the gun scenario more directly?? Yes, the only person who can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun; but how doesn't this apply to children too?? Kids are killing other kids with guns..and more often than not, the good kid is the ONLY one being denied by our government, the God-given right to arm themselves...why is that?? Again, where in the Constitution does it allow government to deny a child a weapon based on their age? Don't get me wrong, I am not saying all children...just the more elite children who have proven themselves to be responsible with a firearm....I'm not talking about just handing Cindy or Mary a gun -- when Bobby and Timmy have shown themselves to be the better kid to be trusted with a gun...

In states like Mississippi, or Alaska...or Louisiana, good Conservative states -- why are they being forced to deny their children access to the same guns the bad kids have? Among those states that are allowed to open carry; why did they not allow kids to open carry as well?? Why take away their rights? Again...why are we allowing the libs to dictate to us why we can't arm our 1st graders? Do you think bullying would be a thing if the bully knows Billy is locked and loaded and ready to deal with any and all taunts of being called fat? Why are you letting government take away the rights of good kids to take out the bad kids?
That's right. The NRA surely would support more money going to gun makers to arm everyone of these little bastards with an AR the second they dropped out of the birth canal. NO ABORTION!! Guns for God!

It's really not a matter of what they have passed. It's what they have prevented.

I know being on defense sucks, but that's the current state of things.

Your Democrat-voting ass sure ain't helping.
Have they prevented grenade launchers from being taxed yet?

I am not a single issue voter -- so right wing ammosexuals not being able to purchase javelin missiles for their great replacement revolution doesn't trump the 40 other policies I agree with Democrats on...

But you morons can't even get a bill on the record yet to eliminate all gun control laws....not even a supreme court case

That's right. The NRA surely would support more money going to gun makers to arm everyone of these little bastards with an AR the second they dropped out of the birth canal. NO ABORTION!! Guns for God!
Look, I know the NRA is a weak organization that capitulates to you gun grabbers all the time, but just like Biff's shitty, overused sarcasm has become ineffective, so has your fairytale hyperbole.

This thread in a nutshell:

Because we don't demand that all children be armed to protect themselves from mass shooters on the day of their birth, we are anti-2A.

Right, Biff?

What's your point?

Has NAACP got you your reparations? THAT ORGANIZATION SUCKS!!!

:laughing0301:
I am not a single issue voter -- so right wing ammosexuals not being able to purchase javelin missiles for their great replacement revolution doesn't trump the 40 other policies I agree with Democrats on...
mmmkay...

So, you're just in lockstep with the DEMs because they tell you to be, despite your principals?

But you morons can't even get a bill on the record yet to eliminate all gun control laws....not even a supreme court case
:laughing0301:
You're blaming me for this shit?

We can't even pass red flag laws identifying people who have made active threats against family members, or limiting the purchase of ammo to a couple of hundred rounds per week (even though in the states with legal weed we limit purchases, background checks for private sales to non-family members, requiring some kind of 'collector's license' for people purchasing scores of weapons, federal funds to put 'real' cops in every school with architectural changes for entry points and x-ray scanners paid by taxes on gun manufacturers (like cigarettes and booze and weed).....

It's a joke. The NRA (gun manufacturers) oppose any limitation on their profits, even though most of us gun owners are ok with some restrictions and even costs, and the gop is sucking them off like a Trump hooker.

So, for those who'd try to "ban" assault rifles or magazines or some other hopelessly stupid and impossible action .... their stupidity is not the real problem.

We can't even pass red flag laws identifying people who have made active threats against family members, or limiting the purchase of ammo to a couple of hundred rounds per week (even though in the states with legal weed we limit purchases, background checks for private sales to non-family members, requiring some kind of 'collector's license' for people purchasing scores of weapons, federal funds to put 'real' cops in every school with architectural changes for entry points and x-ray scanners paid by taxes on gun manufacturers (like cigarettes and booze and weed).....
Why don't we all do what the 2A says and declare all FEDERAL gun laws unconstitutional. Then, let states have at it?

Look, I know the NRA is a weak organization that capitulates to you gun grabbers all the time, but just like Biff's shitty, overused sarcasm has become ineffective, so has your fairytale hyperbole.

This thread in a nutshell:

Because we don't demand that all children be armed to protect themselves from mass shooters on the day of their birth, we are anti-2A.

Right, Biff?
are you attempting sacasm with idiocy?

Let's all take a moment and re-calibrate, shall we?

Here is MY argument.

All FEDERAL gun laws are unconstitutional because that is the only reasonable way to interpret the 2A. All other interpretations require mental gymnastics.

Now, you can throw around all your bullshit sarcasm and hyperbole you want. That remains a FACT.

Let's all take a moment and re-calibrate, shall we?

Here is MY argument.

All FEDERAL gun laws are unconstitutional because that is the only reasonable way to interpret the 2A. All other interpretations require mental gymnastics.

Now, you can throw around all your bullshit sarcasm and hyperbole you want. That remains a FACT.
And you're full of bullshit. The laws have not been found unconst. Just because you think the moon is made out of green cheese, or the world is flat, or Trump won ... that doesn't make facts.

Then, tell us....what is meant by "shall not be infringed" in the Constitution of the United States (federal government)?
Is there a supreme court case or at least a fed case making its way thru the appeals process that is targeted to strike down federal gun laws yet??

Or are right-wingers still too obsessed with striking down Brown v Board or same sex marriage still??

Has the Brady bill been declared unconst? How about JFK era prohibitions on mail order rifles. Look just because you think something like horse tranquilizers cure covid, that doesn't make it real.
Do I think the SCOTUS should strike down all federal gun laws because the PLAIN LANGUAGE of the Constitution forbids federal authority?

Yes. I do.

What are you really tryin to say? That the SCOTUS has been ASS BACKWARDS WRONG including Scalia failing to declare all fed gun laws unconstitutional?

Yes, I agree. The SCOTUS has been known to FUCK UP quite a bit.

If right wingers were putting as much energy into repealing all gun laws that they do on banning books about this little black girl -- maybe I wouldn't think all of their cosplaying online is full of shit.....
005_mlk-hqdefault.jpg
Maybe we can tell right-wingers that the interpretation that the 2A allows for federal regulation of weapons is a tranny interpretation and will make your kids gay...maybe then they will try to get that whole thing repealed...

Is there a supreme court case or at least a fed case making its way thru the appeals process that is targeted to strike down federal gun laws yet??
No, because the SCOTUS does not make advisory opinions, so somebody has to face decades in a federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison in order to challenge unconstitutional gun laws.

That still does not make those laws any less unconstitutional ON THEIR FACES.

I know you think you are making a good point, but you're stupid.
Or are right-wingers still too obsessed with striking down Brown v Board or same sex marriage still??
I agree with those.

So, now what?

Strawman again?

Quit trying this bullshit guilt by association on me.

If right wingers were putting as much energy into repealing all gun laws that they do on banning books about this little black girl -- maybe I wouldn't think all of their cosplaying online is full of shit.....
What efforts do you recommend? What more can we do?
Maybe we can tell right-wingers that the interpretation that the 2A allows for federal regulation of weapons is a tranny interpretation and will make your kids gay...maybe then they will try to get that whole thing repealed...
If you say so.

Forum List

Back