If Called I will serve but I will not be happy.

Raynine

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2023
I've posted here before that at 76 cognitive decline is concern of mine so I took a professionally proctored IQ test and got a score that exactly matched what I got in 1962 at 15. I was told that given my age this is unusual. The score I got was measured against all people, not all people my age. This result was particularly interesting considering I have had several concussions from face-planting on the road during group bicycle rides and races since 1983. The helmet has always been my friend which is probably why I am still breathing.

It's possible that my decision not to use tobacco, abuse alcohol, or smoke weed may have played a significant role in this outcome. I lucked out in 1966 when I took an Army physical and my bad left eye got me classified 1-Y instead of 1-A. This kept me out of Vietnam and away from Agent Orange that a lot of my friends were exposed to when they were there. In 1971 they reclassifed me 4-F which technically meant that I was on the books for five years. 1-Y was not like 2-S which was a student deferment. They told me they would call me when they needed me. Granted, I did not sit by the phone or practice bayonetting hay bales in the back yard, but I would have served if called

The reason I bring this up is because at 76 I am in better physical and mental shape than millions of military aged men in the US after decades of the Great Society and its woke result in this postmodern world. I'm afraid I could still be drafted in a war! I come from a generation that could run, jump, knock its way to a trophy or a scholarship through hard work and perseverence. Today due to obesity, lassitude, and bad education, many kids compete for a handicap parking space and a presciption for anxiety and ADHD! And of course boys wearing dresses is not a good look for a military that wants to make a good impression on an enemy.

I'll go if I have to but I will not be happy about it.

You certainly won't deploy to a combat zone, maybe you'll be pressed into the Volkssturm.

Unknown.jpeg

I've posted here before that at 76 cognitive decline is concern of mine so I took a professionally proctored IQ test and got a score that exactly matched what I got in 1962 at 15. I was told that given my age this is unusual. The score I got was measured against all people, not all people my age. This result was particularly interesting considering I have had several concussions from face-planting on the road during group bicycle rides and races since 1983. The helmet has always been my friend which is probably why I am still breathing.

It's possible that my decision not to use tobacco, abuse alcohol, or smoke weed may have played a significant role in this outcome. I lucked out in 1966 when I took an Army physical and my bad left eye got me classified 1-Y instead of 1-A. This kept me out of Vietnam and away from Agent Orange that a lot of my friends were exposed to when they were there. In 1971 they reclassifed me 4-F which technically meant that I was on the books for five years. 1-Y was not like 2-S which was a student deferment. They told me they would call me when they needed me. Granted, I did not sit by the phone or practice bayonetting hay bales in the back yard, but I would have served if called

The reason I bring this up is because at 76 I am in better physical and mental shape than millions of military aged men in the US after decades of the Great Society and its woke result in this postmodern world. I'm afraid I could still be drafted in a war! I come from a generation that could run, jump, knock its way to a trophy or a scholarship through hard work and perseverence. Today due to obesity, lassitude, and bad education, many kids compete for a handicap parking space and a presciption for anxiety and ADHD! And of course boys wearing dresses is not a good look for a military that wants to make a good impression on an enemy.

Your multiple concussions would disqualify you. Sorry!

If you were 4-F in the 70's, chances are that your cognitive mental decline might qualify you for the presidency these days but not military service.

Who cares? My dad was not happy being drafted to fight in Korea yet he did and killed (at the very least) hundreds or even thousands of enemy soldiers.

Forum List

Back