I did not order a Yubico security key

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
But I got an email from UPS saying that one is being delivered to me and the tracking seems to indicate that it's half way to my house. I'm assuming that's what it is since it sys it's from Yubico Inc.

I see no charges on any of my cards either.

Only thing I've done recently is cancel an order I made on eBay. It was some lap joint exhaust clamps that were the wrong size. Pretty sure it was an Asian seller. Not that there's anthing wrong with that.

I'm just gonna shoot it when it comes.

Probably some kind of phishing trick?

Last edited:
But I got an email from UPS saying that one is being delivered to me and the tracking seems to indicate that it's half way to my house. I'm assuming that's what it is since it sys it's from Yubico Inc.

Only thing I've done recently is cancel an order I made on eBay. It was some lap joint exhaust clamps that were the wrong size. Pretty sure it was an Asian seller. Not that there's anthing wrong with that.

I get notifications all the time that some unordered delivery is immnant, but I need to contact them first about some detail. It's a scam. Ignore it. If you respond, they will mark you down a someone who will at least engage, and they will try again. Ignore them and they might go away.

I get notifications all the time that some unordered delivery is immnant, but I need to contact them first about some detail. It's a scam. Ignore it. If you respond, they will mark you down a someone who will at least engage, and they will try again. Ignore them and they might go away.

I didn't get anything from any theoretical seller.

Just an email from UPS to track the package.

And it was a legit email.

It's certainly odd...

I ignore them.

they never show up anyway.

I get a lot of item sent e-mails. There is usually no tracking link but a phone number in case I want to cancel the order. I guess they have high fees or want to get personal information. There is a lot of scam going on, don´t call the given numbers.

Almost certainly a phishing expedition.

I get a lot of item sent e-mails. There is usually no tracking link but a phone number in case I want to cancel the order. I guess they have high fees or want to get personal information. There is a lot of scam going on, don´t call the given numbers.
Yubikey is an expensive security and encryption service.

Screenshot of the email I got from UPS.

Sender: [email protected] which is a legit address
Screen Shot 14.jpg

And it's definitely moving through the UPS system...

Screen Shot 13.jpg

I'll probably end up giving Yubico a call and asking how 1- I ended up with one of ther products that I did not order. And 2- how they ended up with my email address and home address to ship it to. And 3 - Since I didn't buy it, who did...and how did they get my physical address to tell them to send it to as well as my email address to send a shipping and tracking confirmation.

That's about all I can do, I suppose.

Just an email from UPS to track the package.

It's very easy to send a mail that looks like it comes from UPS, or your bank, or even The IRS, as most mail programs only show the mail alias and not the raw mail address.

You have to dig into the raw mail address to confirm that the mail domain matches that of the sender if anyone asks you for information

It's very easy to send a mail that looks like it comes from UPS, or your bank, or even The IRS, as most mail programs only show the mail alias and not the raw mail address.

You have to dig into the raw mail address to confirm that the mail domain matches that of the sender if anyone asks you for information
True. Very common. He looks at the tracking number and if its valid, then he watches the package arrive. Just because it says UPS or Fed Ex does not mean its even a valid package, they want you to click on the link and then enter personal information.

I'll probably end up giving Yubico a call and asking how 1- I ended up with one of ther products that I did not order. And 2- how they ended up with my email address and home address to ship it to. And 3 - Since I didn't buy it, who did...and how did they get my physical address to tell them to send it to as well as my email address to send a shipping and tracking confirmation.

That's about all I can do, I suppose.
Are you employed?
Do you have large investments?

I have a key. My employer sent it to me.

Nobody's asked me for any information.

The only communication regarding this that I've received is from UPS telling me that I have a package coming from Yubico Inc.

When I click on the track package button, it shows the ups tracking data.

Forum List

Back