If all vehicles are EVs,it will take $20 trillion to build the additional 2,767 nuclear power plants to supply the 8,300,000,000 kWh per year for EVs.

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I've provided the links that show how many vehicles if replaced by EVs will require double the current electricity (4.1 trillion kWh) annually to provide the EVs the electricity to charge their batteries. Based on documentation that .25 kWh per 1 mile traveled is required for all vehicles..cars and trucks. Daily driving links show that the average car drives 40 miles per day. If you'd like to see how many solar panels will be required to meet the electricity requirements of 8.3 trillion future electricity needs to have all vehicles EVs I can put that up also as it will cost $38 trillion to add 8.3 trillion kWh via solar panels. So all of you that believe EVs are the answer... find errors in this table. Find errors in the links that provide the substantiation.

Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 9.47.08 PM.png

Last edited:
I've provided the links that show how many vehicles if replaced by EVs will require double the current electricity (4.1 trillion kWh) annually to provide the EVs the electricity to charge their batteries. Based on documentation that .25 kWh per 1 mile traveled is required for all vehicles..cars and trucks. Daily driving links show that the average car drives 40 miles per day. If you'd like to see how many solar panels will be required to meet the electricity requirements of 8.3 trillion future electricity needs to have all vehicles EVs I can put that up also as it will cost $38 trillion to add 8.3 trillion kWh via solar panels. So all of you that believe EVs are the answer... find errors in this table. Find errors in the links that provide the substantiation.

View attachment 703855

Damn!! When I was in Tokyo and Yokohama in 1963, the Japanese had taxis that had coal fired steam engines. Maybe we will have to revert to those days.

Now for those of you that say hey solar panels are free!! Let's use them.
Ok cost for the land to contain the 187 million 3X5 feet solar panels, $3.4 billion, cost of panels, $37.5 trillion total costs$37.7 trillion.

solarpanelsforEVs.png

View attachment 703855

If the environweenies were so smart, they'd figure out a way to convert unicorn farts, big rock candy mountains, and dead fetuses into usable electrical power to charge their cars.

View attachment 703855

You've provided links that no one will read because they're bullshit.

Nobody is building nuclear plants any more, stupid.

I think that it the point.
It can't be done with wind or solar, and if we don't use fossil fuel, then nuclear is all that is left.
And if we do use fossil fuel, then it is cleaner to burn it in internal combustion engine, not make electricity that have to go into and out of heavy batteries.

We need to. The sooner the better.

At the same time though, we need to have them all managed by the Department of the Navy. They've had nuke powered ships for like what, 60 years now? Very few incidents. They operate 24/7 in all conditions. Put that sort of command and control in place and I think we can go nuclear in a big way in this nation.

We need to. The sooner the better.

At the same time though, we need to have them all managed by the Department of the Navy. They've had nuke powered ships for like what, 60 years now? Very few incidents. They operate 24/7 in all conditions. Put that sort of command and control in place and I think we can go nuclear in a big way in this nation.

In Ontario, we invested in wind and solar in Ontario, in a big way and only have one nuclear plant left in the province. At one point we had 3 but they were all built in the 60's and 70's and were reaching a dangerous age.

The windmills have been a big win/win for the power companies and the local farmers who get $60,000 a year in rent for one 5 acre windmill parcel. It's really stabilized farm income. We have a lot of excess electricity in Ontario, which we sell to New York State.

View attachment 703855
We would need those creatures in the “Devil in the Dark” Star Trek adventure

In Ontario, we invested in wind and solar in Ontario, in a big way and only have one nuclear plant left in the province. At one point we had 3 but they were all built in the 60's and 70's and were reaching a dangerous age.

The windmills have been a big win/win for the power companies and the local farmers who get $60,000 a year in rent for one 5 acre windmill parcel. It's really stabilized farm income. We have a lot of excess electricity in Ontario, which we sell to New York State.
Cool

EV is just another blithering idiot narrative from Democrats. The latest in a long series of blithering idiot Dem narratives.

You don't understand it. You can't explain it. Your reaction is to reject it out of hand because, to give us a considered opinion on anything, you'd have to learn something about it.

If you had bothered to learn anything about green issues at all, you would have an actual argument against them other than "I oppose anything the Democrats propose".

Forum List

Back