If all vehicles are EVs,it will take $20 trillion to build the additional 2,767 nuclear power plants to supply the 8,300,000,000 kWh per year for EVs.

I've provided the links that show how many vehicles if replaced by EVs will require double the current electricity (4.1 trillion kWh) annually to provide the EVs the electricity to charge their batteries. Based on documentation that .25 kWh per 1 mile traveled is required for all vehicles..cars and trucks. Daily driving links show that the average car drives 40 miles per day. If you'd like to see how many solar panels will be required to meet the electricity requirements of 8.3 trillion future electricity needs to have all vehicles EVs I can put that up also as it will cost $38 trillion to add 8.3 trillion kWh via solar panels. So all of you that believe EVs are the answer... find errors in this table. Find errors in the links that provide the substantiation.

View attachment 703855
Science demofks don’t do

Hi, healthmyths.

Neat analysis. While your conclusion is valid, I would like to point out that the average 1000 MWe nuke plant provides nearly three times as much electrical energy as your numbers which estimate 3B kwhs per year.

1000 MWe = 1E6 kW (1,000,000 kW)
1 E6 * 24 hrs/day * 365 days per year * 0.95 capacity factor = 8.3B kwh/yr (8.3 E9)

So if the rest of your math is correct, it will take about 1000 new 1GW nukes.

I think your conclusion that it would be in the range of $20T when all is said and done is accurate. Certainly upwards of $5T. And that's just for the supply. We would also have to build the delivery infrastructure which might double the cost.

(PS: The title of your post is missing three zeores - 8,300,000,000 kWh should be 8,300,000,000,000 kWh. Numbers this large call for the use of scientific notation - 8.3 E12, but most people can't follow that either, so 8.3 trillion kWh is better for the masses)

Keep calculating! Numbers matter!

Regards,
Jim
(just trying to be helpful)
I appreciate your corrections as the important issue is to further cement the dire consequences of rushing to EVs. I've used the example of this horse manure crisis in New York...

The important point here is ....But there never was a government involvement as we are having now when this situation occurred in New York.
a quick calculation, we can estimate that each day in New York between two and four million lbs of equine excrement were "produced" every day, plus a 33 oz. of urine from each animal at least. Because of it experts said the city's growth was limited due to the horse requirements.

I've provided the links that show how many vehicles if replaced by EVs will require double the current electricity (4.1 trillion kWh) annually to provide the EVs the electricity to charge their batteries. Based on documentation that .25 kWh per 1 mile traveled is required for all vehicles..cars and trucks. Daily driving links show that the average car drives 40 miles per day. If you'd like to see how many solar panels will be required to meet the electricity requirements of 8.3 trillion future electricity needs to have all vehicles EVs I can put that up also as it will cost $38 trillion to add 8.3 trillion kWh via solar panels. So all of you that believe EVs are the answer... find errors in this table. Find errors in the links that provide the substantiation.

View attachment 703855
Let's make the switch now and worry about the details later.

Let's make the switch now and worry about the details later.
So if we stop using oil, how will you get tires for your EV?
The manufacture of tires use 7 gallons of oil to make one tire of the 2 billion tires produced annually.
That's 254,545,455 barrels of oil. What will replace oil in producing tires as Biden guarantees to eliminate fossils fuels?

who ever is the GOP winner, he needs to bring this up when he debates the Democrat Nominee in Oct. 2024. but odds are the moniterator wont bring it up, so either Trump or DeSantis better bring it up!
Oh you'd think the "objective" MSM would be reporting this $20 to $40 trillion additional cost to make up the shortage of
electricity because of EVs... BUT they won't! Because they depend on bad news to sell advertising and studies show that!
Cross-national evidence of a negativity bias in psychophysiological reactions to News coverage of current affairs is predominantly negative.
PLUS the biased MSM is protecting their donations to Biden!
MSMdonations.png

Think about the below. What will happen to our economy if because we require nearly 8 trillion MORE kWh to charge EV cars/trucks and these EVs will have to be unusable for 4 hours to 4 days!

The narrator on the TFLEV automotive-focused channel says that “Just plugged it in at my house, 120 volt, using the Hummer cable. Level One charging…Right now it’s about 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, and it says it will be full by Saturday at 10:55,
which is four-plus days of charging. Wow.”

View attachment 703855
/——-/ Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricane Ian, top Florida official warns

View attachment 703855
But climate change!

Also, Orange Man Bad...?

There's essentially no way the current incarnation of "electric vehicle" is the long term answer. Too many obvious issues.

We need to move in a better direction, but this is only a first step.
Cars are, were, and will always be, insane.

The better direction is away from cars.

View attachment 703855
EVS, like Global Warming are a scam. They don't save energy. In fact, we have to increase Energy Usage by 3,000 Percent.

These Lying Lunatic Cultist who belong to The Church of the Holy Melting Iceberg tell you they want to save the planet, but in reality, they only care about making a profit, gaining control over the means of production and people, and in the process will destroy the planet and enslave free peoples by doing so.

They could care less about the planet or human life or freedom for that matter.

You don't understand it. You can't explain it. Your reaction is to reject it out of hand because, to give us a considered opinion on anything, you'd have to learn something about it.

If you had bothered to learn anything about green issues at all, you would have an actual argument against them other than "I oppose anything the Democrats propose".
Maybe you could build your own Natural Gas capture plant at your home to power your generator to charge your electric guzzling EV? Just shove a hose up your ass and fill up balloons, little DemNazi DimTard.

Why should we increase our energy usage 3,000% and rape The Environment in the process to build your Fantasy Land EVs?

I thought the goal was to reduce energy usage, and save the planet. Not rape it for obscene profits for Elitists selling fools like you on joining The Cult of The Church of The Holy Melting Iceberg.

It'd be better for the environment and Cheaper for The World to just Nuke China.
giphy.gif

Forum List

Back