Idaho Rep. Votes Against Kindergarten Funding As It Helps Mothers 'Come Out of the Home'

Wow I never thought that in 2021 I would read such an article and people would be so backward that they don't even know what is happening in their state.

According to the article 65% of children under 8 in Idaho have both parents in the workforce.

This isn't the 1950s. This is 2021. We live in a society that doesn't allow only one parent to work. Especially when the minimum wage is only 7.25 an hour. Young parents don't have the luxury to not work.

This hurts children and parents.

There was a time when one parent was enough for most. But we played social games. And then more and more social games. We are on the third generation of feminism and a record number of single parents. Our taxes are several times higher in real terms from JFK's era. Foundation and even the fiat currency was under control back then. Homes cost what they should. Instead they are based on massive fiat currency printing and flipping is common but does not produce anything but for the people involved.

If the people of Idaho support such antediluvian ideals, who are we to judge...

I'm not judging.

What I'm doing is pointing out the stupidity and discrimination of women.

The children who don't go to preschool will be left behind and that isn't fair to those kids.

It's also not fair to the rest of the nation. Idaho isn't an island unto itself. They will be creating more improperly educated people who won't be able to compete in our society. More improperly educated people who will have to depend on public assistance even if they work because they will only qualify for low paying jobs.

This is very shortsighted and damaging to not just the kids but to the nation.

I'm not judging.

The children who don't go to preschool will be left behind and that isn't fair to those kids.

It's also not fair to the rest of the nation. Idaho isn't an island unto itself. They will be creating more improperly educated people who won't be able to compete in our society. More improperly educated people who will have to depend on public assistance even if they work because they will only qualify for low paying jobs.

Note the three dots. I was attempting to be sarcastic at the end of my post. ;)

Wow I never thought that in 2021 I would read such an article and people would be so backward that they don't even know what is happening in their state.

According to the article 65% of children under 8 in Idaho have both parents in the workforce.

This isn't the 1950s. This is 2021. We live in a society that doesn't allow only one parent to work. Especially when the minimum wage is only 7.25 an hour. Young parents don't have the luxury to not work.

Never underestimate the stupidity of Republicans.

Gonna be entertaining to see how the conservitards defend this.

I've been scrolling past their posts. I usually don't read any of their posts.

It's all the same thing. Hate for anyone who doesn't agree with them, try to change the subject, try to claim democrats do the same thing and lies.

Once you've read one of their posts, you've read them all.
Wow your mind seems nailed shut.

Never underestimate the stupidity of Republicans.

Nope, it's a never-ending contest who can do stupid the best. The legislature is lousy with wealthy ranchers who inherited most of what they have.
This is the state who elected Cowboy Butch Otter as Governor, who's primary claims to fame were winning a tight jeans contest and marrying into the Simplot family.

I'm not judging.

Note the three dots. I was attempting to be sarcastic at the end of my post. ;)

Oh ok.

Sorry.

Nothing personal. You just strike me as old and bitter, perhaps one who should have been born in the 1940's. That said, I do find your posts interesting. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

No offense taken. I’m a very old soul and have been for decades. Bitterness, anger and disgust built up over 40+ years of dealing with humanity. I should have been born in the 1640s.

Nothing personal. You just strike me as old and bitter, perhaps one who should have been born in the 1940's. That said, I do find your posts interesting. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

No offense taken. I’m a very old soul and have been for decades. Bitterness, anger and disgust built up over 40+ years of dealing with humanity. I should have been born in the 1640s.

You're honest and I like honestly. But seems like you might be happier in Russia, Turkey, Hungary or NoKo where Dear Leaders take no flak from "leftists". Hell, Erdogan holds street trials and just shoots his perceived enemies on the spot. That's kind of what you'd like to see here amiright? ;)

I notice that these "conservatives" encourage women to stay home with kids, but no one is paying attention to their financial situation. They should always have an arrangement whereby they have money in their name only, that is at their disposal at all times, and a 401K, particularly since women returning to paid work from a stint of unpaid childcare duties are treated very poorly and their experience is discounted as lacking value.

Women face the prospects both of the collapse of their marriages and the prospect of abuse or adultery that makes it necessary to leave a partnership, as well as their partners' dying. Moreover, women who take off from work to perform childcare duties can't keep up with their respective professions and lose the benefit of incremental promotions, which will bite them later in life.

You're honest and I like honestly. But seems like you might be happier in Russia, Turkey, Hungary or NoKo where Dear Leaders take no flak from "leftists". Hell, Erdogan holds street trials and just shoots his perceived enemies on the spot. That's kind of what you'd like to see here amiright? ;)

Happiness is not the goal of life so far as I’m concerned. Propriety is. Along with Justice, Order, Decency, Morality, and Winning. Pretty much in that order.

The nations which tend to embody some or most of these ideals tend to do it through Religious or Authoritarian devices. I’m not a big fan of either of those concepts, though Authoritarianism does seem to have its advantages at times.

That leaves me in the less than pleasant position of having to embrace one or both of those ideals or being stuck in the dung heap that is modern America. It’s not a choice I enjoy having to make.

Happiness is not the goal of life so far as I’m concerned. Propriety is. Along with Justice, Order, Decency, Morality, and Winning. Pretty much in that order.

The nations which tend to embody some or most of these ideals tend to do it through Religious or Authoritarian devices. I’m not a big fan of either of those concepts, though Authoritarianism does seem to have its advantages at times.

That leaves me in the less than pleasant position of having to embrace one or both of those ideals or being stuck in the dung heap that is modern America. It’s not a choice I enjoy having to make.
What is "propriety" to you, since you say that happiness is not the goal of life? Do you consider that "propriety" includes one's giving up one's life to maintain another human in a position of power? Do you believe that there is a caste system that one is born into, like in India? How would you feel if you were in a subordinate caste by virtue of your birth?

He's sort of a mix of Stalin and Pee Wee Herman.

What is "propriety" to you, since you say that happiness is not the goal of life? Do you consider that "propriety" includes one's giving up one's life to maintain another human in a position of power? Do you believe that there is a caste system that one is born into, like in India? How would you feel if you were in a subordinate caste by virtue of your birth?

Propriety is doing what you Should rather than what you want. It’s doing what’s Right even though it may not be in your own self-interest.

I don’t believe in a Caste system in the way India does things but rather a Meritocracy of those who add to Society rather than taking and those who live properly over those who choose not to.

To answer your last question... I have no problem being a subordinate. In fact I prefer it to being the leader.

What is the point of living if you're miserable?

Why did Thomas Jefferson declare that we have a right to life, liberty and THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS in the document that declared us free from England and started the revolutionary war?

Of course happiness is important.

Only a masochist doesn't want to be happy.

Something that might help a woman decide to not abort her baby and this ignorant individual votes against it.

Conservatives have always been clueless when it comes to the reality of life in the United States.

The Baby Boomers grew up watching TV shows like "Leave It To Beaver", "I Love Lucy", "The Donna Reed Show", etc. These are now the people that have, for some time, been running the United States' corporations and federal, state, and local governments. They cater to the unrealistic memories their fellow boomers hold dear, and those of the subsequent generations also raised on these same TV shows, but by the reruns, which hammered away at them every afternoon and weekends.

So, for the conservatives, with their generations of dismissive attitude towards education and the educated, their view of the ideal life for the American family still requires wives to stay at home, immaculately dressed. and in a model home. After all, in the good old days, when America was truly great, no one worried about income inequality, unless the week's plot had Dad facing money problems, which were long forgotten by next week's episode.

This is the reality the trump Nazis see in their distorted and demented mental picture of what the twenty-first century, white, American family should be. With all the trappings and minor problems faced by TV families, but without the people of color, the working poor, the homeless, etc., and the progressives trying to solve these problems, which have imposed themselves on the right-wingers' conservative utopia since the 1960s.

The trump Nazis have become so detached from reality, they want to return to the wonderful years the folks in Nazi Germany enjoyed under Hitler's rule, but with the protection of the U.S. Constitution reserved for themselves, alone. (Especially, the Second Amendment, to keep the people of color, the working poor, the homeless, etc., and the progressives trying to solve these problems, out of their conservative utopia. It was the a$$hole trump's promise to them, because that's the (unattainable) reality that would make America great, for the right-wingers... again.)

Forum List

Back