I Wonder How Many Divorces Will Result From The Election

Anyone who's let's american politics affect their relationships with family actually believe that politics is more important than family. This is not only wrong no matter how you look at it. The truth is it really doesn't matter in the end. Family comes way way waaay before anything political. The politics of this nation aren't even close to my dogs on my list.

I have two sets of friends who worry me.

It's gotten that ugly. In both cases, they have strong family ties that pull them in certain directions. In one case....the mom is no longer interested in going to her in-laws. Her kids can't go either which I think is a damn shame. But she's been told she really isn't welcome there. It all stems from several large arguments.

Well, that is where we are at.

In 2016, it seemed we heard of divorces over the election. I wonder if people can keep it together despite the clown show we have going on now.
Politics has always been taboo but never as toxic as it is now. I know you blame the Dems but do you honestly not see the roll that Trump has played and continues to play with this horrible division?

The division started a long time ago.

Really, it was the Reagan Carter race where things got stupidly negative.

Since then it has gotten worse and worse.

Trump ran. That is his right. He hasn't been any different in the WH than what we expected. He's a gunner.

I blame the left for their bullshit....what I don't get is that they can't ignore him. They are constantly triggered.

Next...they have no fucking candidates. Bernie, Dizzy Lizzy and the Petrified Piece of Shit Biden....all terrible. All East Coast 1%ers.

And that pisses the left off even more. They really have no good leadership. Please don't tell me you like Schumer and Pelosi. I mean holy fuck.

So, I knew what I was getting with Trump.

But he didn't do any of the terrible shit people were all freaked out over.

The last I heard...he's gaining with young blacks becasue (up until covid....and they seem tolerant) they were getting better opportunity.

But...he's a racist.

So....don't blame Trump.

BTW: I seriously dislike Obama...always have. But I thought the GOP treated him like shit and I didn't like it.

The GOP lost their minds when Nixon was forced from office, and have been demonizing and blaming Democrats for it ever since. Bill Clinton was impeached because of Nixon. They spent 6 1/2 years on a fishing expedition of a Special Prosecutor's investigation, using a lie about a blow job to impeach Clinton, and funded the Paula Jones lawsuit to bring him down.

Republicans don't have demographics on their side. That's why Reagan made a deal with Falwell for the evangelical vote - opposition to abortion, gay rights, and women's rights, and openly encouraged the racists to vote Republican. He fanned the flames of racism and segregation, blaming the "urban" poor for high taxes and high crime. He promoted the idea that "urban poor" were lazy, and were living on "free shit" the goverment gave them.

Republicans have to lie and misrepresent the effects of their own policies, and demonize Democrats, because they have no record to run on other than cutting taxes, increasing the deficit and crashing the economy.

It's gotten that ugly. In both cases, they have strong family ties that pull them in certain directions. In one case....the mom is no longer interested in going to her in-laws. Her kids can't go either which I think is a damn shame. But she's been told she really isn't welcome there. It all stems from several large arguments.

In 2016, it seemed we heard of divorces over the election. I wonder if people can keep it together despite the clown show we have going on now.
Politics has always been taboo but never as toxic as it is now. I know you blame the Dems but do you honestly not see the roll that Trump has played and continues to play with this horrible division?

I'd be open to this if you can explain why Bush2 was also Hitler to the left.

Bush was never "Hitler". Bush was "the Shrub". An intellectual light weight, a liar, with a corrupt administration, who took the nation down exactly the wrong path after 9/11, with policys which lead directly to othe 2008 Great Recession.

The GOP lost their minds when Nixon was forced from office, and have been demonizing and blaming Democrats for it ever since. Bill Clinton was impeached because of Nixon. They spent 6 1/2 years on a fishing expedition of a Special Prosecutor's investigation, using a lie about a blow job to impeach Clinton, and funded the Paula Jones lawsuit to bring him down.

Republicans don't have demographics on their side. That's why Reagan made a deal with Falwell for the evangelical vote - opposition to abortion, gay rights, and women's rights, and openly encouraged the racists to vote Republican. He fanned the flames of racism and segregation, blaming the "urban" poor for high taxes and high crime. He promoted the idea that "urban poor" were lazy, and were living on "free shit" the goverment gave them.

Republicans have to lie and misrepresent the effects of their own policies, and demonize Democrats, because they have no record to run on other than cutting taxes, increasing the deficit and crashing the economy.
It appears you might be better served to take those cats in your avatar and return to your living quarters.

Trump has brought likeminded families like mine together politically...he’s helped them form a tighter bond, and he’s given good real Americans hope and confidence in our government/ democracy. CNN hasn’t told you these stories have they?

Given how vile and toxic your racism and hate is on this board, I don't see that as a good thing.

You fucking ****.

What gives you the right to come here and pass judgement on others.

Just who the fuck do you think you are ?
It is a sock and a troll.

Trump ran. That is his right. He hasn't been any different in the WH than what we expected. He's a gunner.

I blame the left for their bullshit....what I don't get is that they can't ignore him. They are constantly triggered.

Next...they have no fucking candidates. Bernie, Dizzy Lizzy and the Petrified Piece of Shit Biden....all terrible. All East Coast 1%ers.

And that pisses the left off even more. They really have no good leadership. Please don't tell me you like Schumer and Pelosi. I mean holy fuck.

The last I heard...he's gaining with young blacks becasue (up until covid....and they seem tolerant) they were getting better opportunity.

But...he's a racist.

So....don't blame Trump.

BTW: I seriously dislike Obama...always have. But I thought the GOP treated him like shit and I didn't like it.

We do not know the whole story with Nixon. We know that the Progs at the time and what we know now the media were hidden Progs, they saw an opportunity to help ruin a Presidency. And the thing is, Nixon really was not a conservative. And even moved us to the left a bit. I laugh at media people now. The ones I trusted were shams. And those still alive have proven it.

Trump has brought likeminded families like mine together politically...he’s helped them form a tighter bond, and he’s given good real Americans hope and confidence in our government/ democracy. CNN hasn’t told you these stories have they?

Given how vile and toxic your racism and hate is on this board, I don't see that as a good thing.

He told me the other day that he's a graduate school drop out. I literally had the beverage I was drinking come out of my nose.

Yep, I’m a loser, dropped out of grad school at 25 because I was earning with the top ten percentile and had to run two businesses full time.
At 25 I was paying more per year in income taxes than you were earning.
My bet is; I currently pay more in property tax on my primary residence than you earn per year.
I probably made a bad decision huh?

But...he's a racist.

So....don't blame Trump.

Then you are a Republican, because it seems all you go is lie.

I’ve seen enough with my eyes. I’m glad your fam gets a laugh out of our president, that’s great and all but unfortunately the negative effects that others are experience far out number the good

Hold on a minute, think about what you just said.
“I’ve seen enough with my eyes”
You’ve seen what CNN has shown you, you’ve read what you find on Twitter, Facebook and in Leftist rags.
What you’ve seen is a President achieve goals and deliver on promises he made to his constituents, you’ve seen President under constant attack and in a retaliatory state each and every day for 4 years.
Now think again about what you said.

But...he's a racist.

So....don't blame Trump.

Do you have ANY evidence at all that I lie? Your saying it doesn't make it so. I can back up everything I post with links, data, and credible reports from respected journalists using high journalistic standards. What do you have to back up your assertions that I'm lying?

But...he's a racist.

So....don't blame Trump.

Do you have ANY evidence at all that I lie? Your saying it doesn't make it so. I can back up everything I post with links, data, and credible reports from respected journalists using high journalistic standards. What do you have to back up your assertions that I'm lying?
“I can back up everything I post with links, data, and credible reports from respected journalists using high journalistic standards.”

Hahaha...now that’s some funny shit coming from a Leftist with a severe case of TDS.
You have spent four years cheering on bias, misleading ‘journalism’.

But...he's a racist.

So....don't blame Trump.

“I can back up everything I post with links, data, and credible reports from respected journalists using high journalistic standards.”

Hahaha...now that’s some funny shit coming from a Leftist with a severe case of TDS.
You have spent four years cheering on bias, misleading ‘journalism’.

Agreed.

The respectable journalist went the day of the dodo when BHO become president.

But...he's a racist.

So....don't blame Trump.

And you'll notice she never does back any of her claims up.

But...he's a racist.

So....don't blame Trump.

The GOP did treat Obama like shit. Thank you for acknowledging that. The Dems also treat Trump like shit and no I’m not a fan of either Pelosi or Schumer. The big difference is how Obama reacted to the mistreatment compared to Trump. Obama took the occasional dog at the right wingers but it’s nowhere near the trolling that Trump does. I’ve never seen anything like it. You say you know what you signed up for with Trump, but over half the voting population did not sign up for that and our president is supposed to be a president of all Americans not just those who vote for him. Trump isn’t capable of that. And the way he acts is absolutely the primary cause for taking an already divided and ugly system and making it absolutely toxic.

I agree with you that friendships and families are being torn apart. I’ve seen it happen many times with those who I know. It’s horrible. It my primary reason for my opposition of Trump. I don’t know where 4 more years of this style of discourse takes us. But I’m seriously worried and hoping we don’t have to find out

Obama is the reason we have Trump. Nobody seems to realize that.

Obama and the establishment turned their backs on a lot of us (and uses elitists language like "bitterly clinging..."). He wasn't as overt as Trump. But he was no less condescending.

I agree about Trumps trolling....but that is what people were looking for. A smashmouth non-Pc prick who knew how to get shit done.

And he has in so many ways.

Nobody has to respond to him. He generally only responds to them. If they'd shut up....we would not have this.

And please don't tell me you though the impeachment sham was legitimate.
Trump was elected because Hillary ran against him. He also spoke to peoples frustrations with government. That’s not just on Obama, that’s from decades of distrust and partisan rhetoric that’s been Spit from our political class. It might be funny and exileraring to see the bull in the china shop, but it is immature and counter productive. Do you really see the problems getting solved? Hell no, they are getting worse, the lies from our leaders are getting worse, the corruption is getting worse, and our discourse and civility are in the gutter.

I’ve seen enough with my eyes. I’m glad your fam gets a laugh out of our president, that’s great and all but unfortunately the negative effects that others are experience far out number the good
Trump isn't responsible for these "negative effects " these people feel. These people are in control of THEMSELVES, along with their FEELINGS AND BEHAVIORS. That's nothing but more "victim" behavior.
Cause and effect dude. You can play then”personal responsibility” card and you make a valid point that we are all in control ourselves, but POTUS does have power and influence. The effects of Trumps use of his power and influence have inspired the ugliness that we are discussing

Trump isn't responsible for these "negative effects " these people feel. These people are in control of THEMSELVES, along with their FEELINGS AND BEHAVIORS. That's nothing but more "victim" behavior.
Exactly right..... Going against the grain in life usually brings about negative effects, and it definitely dulls the senses.
I don’t see Trump as going against the grain as much as dishonestly trolling his opponents.

Cause and effect dude. You can play then”personal responsibility” card and you make a valid point that we are all in control ourselves, but POTUS does have power and influence. The effects of Trumps use of his power and influence have inspired the ugliness that we are discussing

I found this very interesting and thought of you.

This is laughable...If there are couples splitting up over politics, then there are deeper issues than that....No one that I know of splits over politics...And if they do, then they weren't meant for each other in the first place.
When things get this bad, it digs deep at relationships, family, and friends. Some might ask their wife if they believe that a woman should be killing their babies at various stages as a form of birth control ? The answers to alot of such question's can be daming to a relationship. Otherwise who wants to live with an accessory to someone murdering they babies ?

Over 99% of relationship breakups are initiated by "super mature" Liberals being incapable of conversing intelligently on why Trump is a Doody Head.

Exactly right..... Going against the grain in life usually brings about negative effects, and it definitely dulls the senses.
I don’t see Trump as going against the grain as much as dishonestly trolling his opponents.
Trump is going with the grain by doing his job as he promised the American people. The left is the one going against the grain by fighting with the majority of the American people.

Forum List

Back