I Wonder How Many Divorces Will Result From The Election

I have two sets of friends who worry me.

It's gotten that ugly. In both cases, they have strong family ties that pull them in certain directions. In one case....the mom is no longer interested in going to her in-laws. Her kids can't go either which I think is a damn shame. But she's been told she really isn't welcome there. It all stems from several large arguments.

Well, that is where we are at.

In 2016, it seemed we heard of divorces over the election. I wonder if people can keep it together despite the clown show we have going on now.
Politics has always been taboo but never as toxic as it is now. I know you blame the Dems but do you honestly not see the roll that Trump has played and continues to play with this horrible division?
Trump has brought likeminded families like mine together politically...he’s helped them form a tighter bond, and he’s given good real Americans hope and confidence in our government/ democracy. CNN hasn’t told you these stories have they?
I’ve seen enough with my eyes. I’m glad your fam gets a laugh out of our president, that’s great and all but unfortunately the negative effects that others are experience far out number the good
Trump isn't responsible for these "negative effects " these people feel. These people are in control of THEMSELVES, along with their FEELINGS AND BEHAVIORS. That's nothing but more "victim" behavior.
Exactly right..... Going against the grain in life usually brings about negative effects, and it definitely dulls the senses.
I don’t see Trump as going against the grain as much as dishonestly trolling his opponents.
Trump is going with the grain by doing his job as he promised the American people. The left is the one going against the grain by fighting with the majority of the American people.
A family member of mine would send me a Christmas card telling me that the $ that would've originally gone to me (not like it was a big deal, the $ that is) was going to an "organization ". However, these "organizations " weren't ones that I supported and this individual would put MY NAME on the donation, which I thought was in bad taste, especially since this individual knew where I stood on issues. I mulled over this for years, because it didn't happen just once. I finally spoke up about it, and, as I figured, feelings were hurt. Well, at least I didn't go with the other option, which was to send him/her a Trumpy Bear!!!...(but the look on this person's face upon receiving it, would've been PRICELESS! :auiqs.jpg:)....

My older sister, the unhinged leftist bully, threatened to do that to me once. She stopped when I told her that if she did, I would hack her Facebook account and post a Photoshopped picture of her at a Trump rally wearing a MAGA hat.

Thats unbelievable.

YOu people like to pretend that anyone that disagrees with you, has to be a bad person.

It is very believable that people that pretend that, find themselves unable to maintain normal relationships with family members who disagree with them on political issues.

Put another way, every family has a member who's an asshole about politics. If someone thinks his or her family doesn't have such a person, THAT PERSON is himself that asshole for his family.

It's gotten that ugly. In both cases, they have strong family ties that pull them in certain directions. In one case....the mom is no longer interested in going to her in-laws. Her kids can't go either which I think is a damn shame. But she's been told she really isn't welcome there. It all stems from several large arguments.

In 2016, it seemed we heard of divorces over the election. I wonder if people can keep it together despite the clown show we have going on now.
Politics has always been taboo but never as toxic as it is now. I know you blame the Dems but do you honestly not see the roll that Trump has played and continues to play with this horrible division?
Trump has brought likeminded families like mine together politically...he’s helped them form a tighter bond, and he’s given good real Americans hope and confidence in our government/ democracy. CNN hasn’t told you these stories have they?
I’ve seen enough with my eyes. I’m glad your fam gets a laugh out of our president, that’s great and all but unfortunately the negative effects that others are experience far out number the good
Trump isn't responsible for these "negative effects " these people feel. These people are in control of THEMSELVES, along with their FEELINGS AND BEHAVIORS. That's nothing but more "victim" behavior.
Exactly right..... Going against the grain in life usually brings about negative effects, and it definitely dulls the senses.
I don’t see Trump as going against the grain as much as dishonestly trolling his opponents.
Trump is going with the grain by doing his job as he promised the American people. The left is the one going against the grain by fighting with the majority of the American people.
I don’t see Trump as doing his job when he constantly lies and spin about what’s going on. True he faces a waive of opposition from the media and his political opponents but that tends to happen when those in power lie and insult instead of engage in honest discourse and communication

Trump is a braggart and uses a lot of hyperbole. That does not justify the reaction we have seen from you people.

You should look at this. It is quite funny, but makes a very valid point.

There have been a lot of unjustified overreactions to Trump. There have also been very justified reactions that call him out when he lies which is pretty much all the time. Either way none of that justifies how he conducts himself, the effects of which are his responsibility

The vast majority of his "lies" are harmless hyperbole, not intended to mislead anyone AND, "lying" is not something new.

Far worse "lies" have been told, than bragging about the size of a crowd, or about just how good an economy is/was.

PRETENDING that he is a ws, or an Authoritarian, or a freaking Russian Agent, those a lies designed to deceive people and to set large portions of the population against each other.

And they have succeeded, as we seen in the op, or in the streets with violent mobs killing each other.

Trump is not responsible for any of that. Your side's reactions is.

I disagree. I’ve never seen anybody in leadership be as dishonest and provocative as Trump. He is responsible for much of the chaos we are seeing in our society IMO

Except I explained my conclusion and you not only failed to explain yours, you failed to challenge mine.

Here it is, for you to try. I can see why you did not try though, it is pretty brilliant and well thought out.

Far worse "lies" have been told, than bragging about the size of a crowd, or about just how good an economy is/was.

PRETENDING that he is a ws, or an Authoritarian, or a freaking Russian Agent, those a lies designed to deceive people and to set large portions of the population against each other.

And they have succeeded, as we seen in the op, or in the streets with violent mobs killing each other.

Keep patting yourself on the back, it takes a real genius to frame up a cherry picked argument. You really think I’m talking about crowd size? Come on, don’t be an idiot. Trump does exactly what you just complained about the Dems doing. He calls his opponents criminals, commies, he says they are going to destroy your neighborhoods, he promotes conspiracy theories, he floods the zone with lie after lie, can’t even tell the truth during a pandemic. The dude is out of control. Can’t get him out of power soon enough.

Name his most serious lie, that one that you were thinking of, when you said "can't get him out of power soon enough".

I’ve been through this over and over and over again throughout the years. There is a new lie everyday that I can point to. Y’all have blinders on. The lie of the week he is spreading right now is calling the Biden’s an organized crime family, a criminal enterprise. Are you fucking kidding me?! He is so desperate to make his opponent a criminal so he can run the same campaign as he did vs Hillary. It’s pretty despicable

When you're entire family is breaking the law that's what they used to call a crime family.
Hunter is the Fredo of that family.

If they are breaking the law then why aren’t they in jail?. Why aren’t they being investigated? Why did they come out clean after two senate investigations?? Y’all are full of shit and these are unfounded accusations

Some of them are....some of them made bail. Some are on probation.

This is laughable...If there are couples splitting up over politics, then there are deeper issues than that....No one that I know of splits over politics...And if they do, then they weren't meant for each other in the first place.
When things get this bad, it digs deep at relationships, family, and friends. Some might ask their wife if they believe that a woman should be killing their babies at various stages as a form of birth control ? The answers to alot of such question's can be daming to a relationship. Otherwise who wants to live with an accessory to someone murdering they babies ?
If it matters that much to them on a personal level, what another human being does with their own body, don't you think he should have asked that question long before they got married in the event that an unplanned pregnancy occurred?

I agree. If I were a man, I would definitely want to know that my fiancee was dumber than an old stump regarding biology, and willing to kill our child on the basis of her scientific ignorance.

I would also want to know if my fiancee was such an amoral person that she was shocked that such things would even matter.

My significant other is a lefty loony and I've become more right-wing since watching Trump actually do what he said he would do. That said, we are doing just fine. Just keep the politics out of the bedroom and agree that each can vote their conscience during elections. What goes on in the home is what's important and never go to bed angry with each other.

How does it feel to have to suffer her stupidity?
Well, technically, her IQ of 144, doctorate and multiple letters after her name, compared with my paltry IQ of 115 and Bachelor's Degree, shows me that she has a good deal more brain matter than I do, so she's not stupid and she's probably one of the more even tempered people I have met. We just make it a point to accept that come election time, we choose who we want.

Pardon my saying so, but anyone who is a liberal is just plain stupid.

Last edited:
This is laughable...If there are couples splitting up over politics, then there are deeper issues than that....No one that I know of splits over politics...And if they do, then they weren't meant for each other in the first place.
When things get this bad, it digs deep at relationships, family, and friends. Some might ask their wife if they believe that a woman should be killing their babies at various stages as a form of birth control ? The answers to alot of such question's can be daming to a relationship. Otherwise who wants to live with an accessory to someone murdering they babies ?
If it matters that much to them on a personal level, what another human being does with their own body, don't you think he should have asked that question long before they got married in the event that an unplanned pregnancy occurred?
No one's thinking about politic's when they are dating, and in many cases they aren't thinking it long after they marry. This politic's moving into everyone's lives is a fairly new thing, and for many they are getting surprised at how each other think after politic's invaded the dinner table conversation's.

WRONG. Some people are. Like I said, my husband and I spent the two months we dated doing our Torquemada impressions on each other. It wasn't so much politics per se, but it was definitely religion, philosophy, social issues . . . all things that contribute to political positions.

I can't even imagine promising before God to spend the rest of my life with someone and NOT ask those questions.

Can those 2016 Trump supporters seek "do overs" by apologizing?

From what I can see, it's the leftists who are doing the divorcing, because they've spent too much time equating political views with morality.

What does a ternader and a deevorce have in common with a Trump supporter? Somebody always loses a trailer.

It amazes me that your bigotry can actually outpace both your smug arrogance AND your ignorance. Too bad for all of the above that it's YOUR political compatriots who are divorcing their spouses over politics.

Would you like a wet wipe to clean the egg off your face?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

All Trump; has done, is refuse to be intimidated by you people.
No he has done much much more than refusing to be inditmidated. That’s a rather weak statement on your part.

Hint: The hidden meanings you imagine that he is sending out with "code words", don't actually count as something HE did.

Cause it is all in your head.

Like when he said that there were "nice people" on both sides of the issue of historical statues, and the libs heard though "code words" that he "meant" ws,

that was not something Trump actually DID.

That was just insanity you people were suffering from.

ALL your complaints about him are like that. You are delusional.
I don’t lend any weight to those secret messages or dog whistles you are attributing to me. I go off the things I directly see and hear. The fact you pretend there is nothing antagonistic or divisive about the living troll we have for a president just shows how out of touch from reality you are.

Give me your best example.
Come on, this is just obvious stuff. He has crowds of thousands chanting to lock up his political opponents. That’s one out of many many thousands of disgusting divisive and completely inappropriate things for a president to do and it is pushing our country in a horrible direction

The way that Hillary was given a pass for criminal behavior was a valid political issue.

That is not divisive. THat does not slander a whole group of the population or set them against another group.

That was a valid political issue. PARTISANS, might have been upset at their leader being targeted but saying something about Hillary is not slandering tens of millions of Americans, like when you guys pretend that anyone who opposes you must be an ist of a phobe of some sort.
I’m not talking about Hillary. His crowds right now are chanting to lock up Whitmer and also the Biden family who Trump is now calling a criminal enterprise. The dude is just pathetic.

Divisive is about setting groups of people against each other.

Targeting political players is not setting groups of people against one another.

Whitmer, is targeted based on her actions in office and the alleged violations of the law.

What group is being demonized or set against others in that example?
Every other sentence out of trumps mouth is demeaning Democrats or the left or some
Childish name he’s calling somebody. Now he is in straight up commieville trying to criminalize his political opponents. It’s weak and fucking pathetic

YOu seem to be confused about what divisive is. Calling a political actor a name is not setting one group of Americans against another group of Americans. It is an attack on one politician. That is not "divisive".

Claiming that whites who vote for Trump are wacist, DOES set minorities and liberals against all Trump supporters, and visa versa. That is divisive.

You know, words are supposed to actually MEAN shit, not just be shit you throw at your enemies.
The notion it that you don’t think Trump is divisive is absolutely absurd. It’s a waste of time arguing about it. You carry on in your fantasy world if you must making your fake narratives that Mr Innocent is just defending himself and targeting individual opponents. It’s horseshit and we both know it. Don’t waste my time with retarded debates like this

That pain you feel when someone asks you to support your claims, that is your brain warning you of danger.

Danger to your fragile world view, built on lies.
My claims have been supported. If you don’t see it then you don’t see it. I don’t have the interest in explaining why the sky is blue to a manchild
You always claim that you views have been "supported" Slade and then proceed to refuse to support them! It's amusing...
Do I really need to support the fact that Trump is a divisive guy?! That’s like claiming his skin isnt orange. It’s just not a point that is worth debating IMO. If you don’t find him divisive then fine. I do and I think most others do as well

I don’t see Trump as doing his job when he constantly lies and spin about what’s going on. True he faces a waive of opposition from the media and his political opponents but that tends to happen when those in power lie and insult instead of engage in honest discourse and communication

Trump is a braggart and uses a lot of hyperbole. That does not justify the reaction we have seen from you people.

There have been a lot of unjustified overreactions to Trump. There have also been very justified reactions that call him out when he lies which is pretty much all the time. Either way none of that justifies how he conducts himself, the effects of which are his responsibility

The vast majority of his "lies" are harmless hyperbole, not intended to mislead anyone AND, "lying" is not something new.

I disagree. I’ve never seen anybody in leadership be as dishonest and provocative as Trump. He is responsible for much of the chaos we are seeing in our society IMO

Except I explained my conclusion and you not only failed to explain yours, you failed to challenge mine.

Here it is, for you to try. I can see why you did not try though, it is pretty brilliant and well thought out.

Keep patting yourself on the back, it takes a real genius to frame up a cherry picked argument. You really think I’m talking about crowd size? Come on, don’t be an idiot. Trump does exactly what you just complained about the Dems doing. He calls his opponents criminals, commies, he says they are going to destroy your neighborhoods, he promotes conspiracy theories, he floods the zone with lie after lie, can’t even tell the truth during a pandemic. The dude is out of control. Can’t get him out of power soon enough.

Name his most serious lie, that one that you were thinking of, when you said "can't get him out of power soon enough".

I’ve been through this over and over and over again throughout the years. There is a new lie everyday that I can point to. Y’all have blinders on. The lie of the week he is spreading right now is calling the Biden’s an organized crime family, a criminal enterprise. Are you fucking kidding me?! He is so desperate to make his opponent a criminal so he can run the same campaign as he did vs Hillary. It’s pretty despicable

No, not the most recent one, the most serious one. A reasonable request.

Ask you to back up your claim, is not unreasonable.

I just listed one. Let’s go with that. I think it’s a pretty serious one... You don’t?

When you're entire family is breaking the law that's what they used to call a crime family.
Hunter is the Fredo of that family.

If they are breaking the law then why aren’t they in jail?. Why aren’t they being investigated? Why did they come out clean after two senate investigations?? Y’all are full of shit and these are unfounded accusations

Some of them are....some of them made bail. Some are on probation.

Haha. Ok

And Biden the career politician, race baiting, quid pro quo Joe never lies eh ? You see this is the problem "hypocrisy" is off the chain, and the work this president has gotten done is attempted to be wiped out by the left, and this is all due to jealousy, whining, and just pure politized corrupt agenda's that threaten the entire nation.

Not even close to the same league as Trump... however, Biden should always be held to account if and when he does lie/mislead/or spin his way through a message

Been hearing Biden ads, attacking Trump for fear mongering and then, panic mongering about all kinds of shit.

It is pathetic beyond words, that you support that guy.

Yes I absolutely support that guy. What specifically did Biden accuse Trump of in those ads that isn’t verified or true?

The point I made was that he was attacking Trump for using "fear" and then immediately used "fear" himself.

Fear of actual danger is a rational response and a reasonable motive for policy.

That Biden pretended otherwise, was a "lie" and that he immediately then did the same thing he just attacked Trump for doing, compounded that lie.

That is my point. Can you address it?

I just listed one. Let’s go with that. I think it’s a pretty serious one... You don’t?

Fine.

1. Biden's son got a lot of money, and his father bragged about using his power to protect his drug addict son. There seems to be enough shady behavior to justify a negative opinion. And such an opinion is targeting, not a large demographic of Americans or setting a large demographic of Americans against others, but targeting two very active and serious players. Who are not afraid of playing hardball themselves.

2. Compare that to Charlottesville lie, that pretends that Trump is a ws, and thus that his supporters are wacist and thus sets terrifies minorities, and pisses off the majority of whites, who are fucking tired of being called such names, by retarded assholes.

And Biden the career politician, race baiting, quid pro quo Joe never lies eh ? You see this is the problem "hypocrisy" is off the chain, and the work this president has gotten done is attempted to be wiped out by the left, and this is all due to jealousy, whining, and just pure politized corrupt agenda's that threaten the entire nation.

Not even close to the same league as Trump... however, Biden should always be held to account if and when he does lie/mislead/or spin his way through a message

Been hearing Biden ads, attacking Trump for fear mongering and then, panic mongering about all kinds of shit.

It is pathetic beyond words, that you support that guy.

Yes I absolutely support that guy. What specifically did Biden accuse Trump of in those ads that isn’t verified or true?

The point I made was that he was attacking Trump for using "fear" and then immediately used "fear" himself.

Fear of actual danger is a rational response and a reasonable motive for policy.

That Biden pretended otherwise, was a "lie" and that he immediately then did the same thing he just attacked Trump for doing, compounded that lie.

That is my point. Can you address it?

Sure, I can address. Biden pointed out that Trump is stoking fear by saying the Dems are coming for you and are going to destroy the suburbs. I don’t think that Biden pointing out something that Trump is actually doing Qualifies as stoking fear in the same way that Trump does it.

Fine.

1. Biden's son got a lot of money, and his father bragged about using his power to protect his drug addict son. There seems to be enough shady behavior to justify a negative opinion. And such an opinion is targeting, not a large demographic of Americans or setting a large demographic of Americans against others, but targeting two very active and serious players. Who are not afraid of playing hardball themselves.

2. Compare that to Charlottesville lie, that pretends that Trump is a ws, and thus that his supporters are wacist and thus sets terrifies minorities, and pisses off the majority of whites, who are fucking tired of being called such names, by retarded assholes.

You lost me in your first sentence. I don’t read past lies so I didn’t get beyond the part where you incorrectly stated that Biden bragged about using his power to protect his son. That didn’t happen. You can correct it if it’s a misstatement and we can move on otherwise we are stuck.

You dumbasses are now way off topic.

It's fun to watch.

A running lite beer commercial.

All Trump; has done, is refuse to be intimidated by you people.
No he has done much much more than refusing to be inditmidated. That’s a rather weak statement on your part.

Hint: The hidden meanings you imagine that he is sending out with "code words", don't actually count as something HE did.

Cause it is all in your head.

Like when he said that there were "nice people" on both sides of the issue of historical statues, and the libs heard though "code words" that he "meant" ws,

that was not something Trump actually DID.

That was just insanity you people were suffering from.

ALL your complaints about him are like that. You are delusional.
I don’t lend any weight to those secret messages or dog whistles you are attributing to me. I go off the things I directly see and hear. The fact you pretend there is nothing antagonistic or divisive about the living troll we have for a president just shows how out of touch from reality you are.

Give me your best example.
Come on, this is just obvious stuff. He has crowds of thousands chanting to lock up his political opponents. That’s one out of many many thousands of disgusting divisive and completely inappropriate things for a president to do and it is pushing our country in a horrible direction

The way that Hillary was given a pass for criminal behavior was a valid political issue.

That is not divisive. THat does not slander a whole group of the population or set them against another group.

That was a valid political issue. PARTISANS, might have been upset at their leader being targeted but saying something about Hillary is not slandering tens of millions of Americans, like when you guys pretend that anyone who opposes you must be an ist of a phobe of some sort.
I’m not talking about Hillary. His crowds right now are chanting to lock up Whitmer and also the Biden family who Trump is now calling a criminal enterprise. The dude is just pathetic.

Divisive is about setting groups of people against each other.

Targeting political players is not setting groups of people against one another.

Whitmer, is targeted based on her actions in office and the alleged violations of the law.

What group is being demonized or set against others in that example?
Every other sentence out of trumps mouth is demeaning Democrats or the left or some
Childish name he’s calling somebody. Now he is in straight up commieville trying to criminalize his political opponents. It’s weak and fucking pathetic

YOu seem to be confused about what divisive is. Calling a political actor a name is not setting one group of Americans against another group of Americans. It is an attack on one politician. That is not "divisive".

Claiming that whites who vote for Trump are wacist, DOES set minorities and liberals against all Trump supporters, and visa versa. That is divisive.

You know, words are supposed to actually MEAN shit, not just be shit you throw at your enemies.
The notion it that you don’t think Trump is divisive is absolutely absurd. It’s a waste of time arguing about it. You carry on in your fantasy world if you must making your fake narratives that Mr Innocent is just defending himself and targeting individual opponents. It’s horseshit and we both know it. Don’t waste my time with retarded debates like this

That pain you feel when someone asks you to support your claims, that is your brain warning you of danger.

Danger to your fragile world view, built on lies.
My claims have been supported. If you don’t see it then you don’t see it. I don’t have the interest in explaining why the sky is blue to a manchild
You always claim that you views have been "supported" Slade and then proceed to refuse to support them! It's amusing...
Do I really need to support the fact that Trump is a divisive guy?! That’s like claiming his skin isnt orange. It’s just not a point that is worth debating IMO. If you don’t find him divisive then fine. I do and I think most others do as well
Trump, just like the Kenyan was elected to be “divisive”....Remember all that “Hope & Change”, “Fundamentally Change” bullshit that got you America haters all giddy?
You tolerant, save the world dogooders have busted your asses crafting a “DIVERSE” multicultural America...it’s absolutely fascinating that you honestly thought you could gather all your pet humans from different backgrounds, cultures, religions, value systems etc and force unification. You dumbmotherfuckers probably believe you can keep wild Gazelles and Lions in the same cage with a little HOPE & CHANGE.
Look, you’ll never EVER see another unified American citizenry and you’ll never EVER see another president who can successfully govern for all. Welcome to the Divided States Of America.....Thanks Kenyan!

New Topics

Forum List

Back