I try hard to like AOC. It's not easy

Her latest was to call out Joe Manchin for referring to her as "young lady".
She's a lady. And she's young.
She said he wouldn't want her to call him old man.
Of course. Calling old people old is disrespectful in our culture. Calling people young is not disrespectful.
In this instance that AOC described it was disrespectful.

You don't go up to a person with dwarfism and say "I just want you to know that you're very short". That would hurt his /her feelings.
Nobody's feelings are hurt when being called young.
The term was used with a condescending intent. It was not used with respect for her. It was used to imply exactly what you want it to do - implying that she is incompetent to understand why Manchin opposes the legislation.

AOC doesn't help the Democratic Party.
And you want to help the Democratic Party???

She's screwed a lot up lately by more overtly falling into line behind Pelosi, but she's still young. Who knows, maybe she'll soon start getting her shit back together. I doubt it but hope so.
You can't fix stupid

But luckily she is in a party that rewards stupidity, so she has a bright future helping to destroy the country.

I've honestly never seen a Politian this stupid

Of course. Calling old people old is disrespectful in our culture. Calling people young is not disrespectful.
You don't go up to a person with dwarfism and say "I just want you to know that you're very short". That would hurt his /her feelings.
By the way, she has called young men "young man" before

Unless she's your representative in Congress, it really doesn't matter.

I like the way she aggravates the kids on the right.

Unless she's your representative in Congress, it really doesn't matter.

I like the way she aggravates the kids on the right.
A representative can influence the direction of the party. Are you saying you have never complained about a congressperson who doesn't represent you?

The term was used with a condescending intent. It was not used with respect for her. It was used to imply exactly what you want it to do - implying that she is incompetent to understand why Manchin opposes the legislation.

No. Calling someone young lady is not disrespectful. And that's why you didn't even explain why it's disrespectful.

No it wasn't. She started the name calling, and he responded with "young lady," as show of disrespect to her unprofessional behavior. It was actually pretty civil.

1631230996044.png

Give her an idiotic dress, she'll put out
sassy----of COURSE I am not a gossipy bitch ~~~~~ but could
you comment on that partial dress the dignified Congress Lady
Representative wore to the GALA CHARITY BALL. It seemed to
that she left part of it on the closet hanger

She literally accused Manchin of being complicit in "murder" with fossil fuel. Imo she lost any claim to civility there.

I don't like, never did, and I stopped giving her any benefit of any doubt some time back. Machin's right, she's divisive even in her own party. She wants to have the dems try to advance legislation they don't have votes to do. And the dems will lose even bigger in 22 as they are sure to do, and the WH certainly, if they try her shit.
But then again it is EXACTLY the crap you and the rest of your ilk support. Manchin should just switch parties and give the GOP control of the Senate. AOC is the face of the Democrat party.

I've not liked her from the get go. She is constantly coming off as arrogant, closed minded, irrational, narrow minded, pompous and very pretentious. She never once showed she cares about anyone and everything she says says she is unwilling to listen and only cares about making herself feel like she is applause worthy.

She is a young, naive and spoiled brat that has no concept of how the real world works.

By the way, she has called young men "young man" before

"Criss-crossing the district?" That's a shameless streetwalker and a whore. And they don't even allow conservatives on Twitter to respond to that arrogancy on her part.

Forum List

Back