I think UNO reflects the human brain well

WTH_Progs?

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2019
Facebook has a fun game really, you can play UNO in pairs, it's easy to get hooked. Most play often enough to "know" how, especially the "advanced" levels. Basically you can see your partner's cards, so you can see how people think. These numbers are estimates, but I'm good enough with numbers they're close, and I think it's good representation of human intelligence, at least for those dumb enough to play this trash to begin with :auiqs.jpg:

90% think they're good: That's just life man, but only 2-4% are good with numbers and logic. 5% of the balance don't give a shit and the other 5% accept they're a little slow.

90% play to lose: The rules are if you lose you eat more points with higher cards. Neat, so everyone knows how to read. Pretty sure playing to win is better. By example, if you have three nines and one deuce & can play any of them, most times keep your deuce. Lost? What's more likely to happen, a nine or a deuce comes around next turn? 90% cannot figure that one out.

50% are chickens: Also a component of playing to lose. The opponent has two cards and throws a pick-up four wild card on me calling yellow. Last thing your opponent should do is play yellow unless it's pick up two card, but 50% do it anyway because they want to cut their losses as opposed taking a chance to win. If they paid attention they'd see how it's done, but I don't know, what's the attention level of people today, I figure 50% I forgot my point already.

75% can't see beyond the card they're playing: Go figure critical thinking skills comes into play. Honest to shit, though I think it's closer to 80%. Here's a worst case scenario, though I've seen it enough times, a guy just did it and we lost. He's got two cards and they're both wild, though one is pick up four. I'm holding two pick-up two cards. Which card should he play?

50% pre-maturely ejaculate: 50% is a low number, because this game isn't hard to figure out. In life it would be closer to 95%, The idea is save your good cards if you can and unload for the win, but most people seek immediate returns, so they play what they have right out of the gate giving the opponents more to work with.

10% are selfish to the point of foolishness: 10% is a low number, again because this game isn't hard to figure out. Life would be closer to 25%. Say your partner has six yellow cards, I have two green cards, and there's a green card on the table. My "partner" plays yellow, ha ha ha ha.........Fucker. By contention you can throw eggs and tomatoes.

On a side, there's a certain people that are supposed to be great with numbers, which is RACIST. Truth is while they're slightly better players than average, I've yet to see one that has this simple game figured out. They're probably busy going to Harvard :clap:

Last edited:
Facebook has a fun game really, you can play UNO in pairs, it's easy to get hooked. Most play often enough to "know" how, especially the "advanced" levels. Basically you can see your partner's cards, so you can see how people think. These numbers are estimates, but I'm good enough with numbers they're close, and I think it's good representation of human intelligence, at least for those dumb enough to play this trash to begin with :auiqs.jpg:

90% think they're good: That's just life man, but only 2-4% are good with numbers and logic. 5% of the balance don't give a shit and the other 5% accept they're a little slow.

90% play to lose: The rules are if you lose you eat more points with higher cards. Neat, so everyone knows how to read. Pretty sure playing to win is better. By example, if you have three nines and one deuce & can play any of them, most times keep your deuce. Lost? What's more likely to happen, a nine or a deuce comes around next turn? 90% cannot figure that one out.

50% are chickens: Also a component of playing to lose. The opponent has two cards and throws a pick-up four wild card on me calling yellow. Last thing your opponent should do is play yellow unless it's pick up two card, but 50% do it anyway because they want to cut their losses as opposed taking a chance to win. If they paid attention they'd see how it's done, but I don't know, what's the attention level of people today, I figure 50% I forgot my point already.

75% can't see beyond the card they're playing: Go figure critical thinking skills comes into play. Honest to shit, though I think it's closer to 80%. Here's a worst case scenario, though I've seen it enough times, a guy just did it and we lost. He's got two cards and they're both wild, though one is pick up four. I'm holding two pick-up two cards. Which card should he play?

50% pre-maturely ejaculate: 50% is a low number, because this game isn't hard to figure out. In life it would be closer to 95%, The idea is save your good cards if you can and unload for the win, but most people seek immediate returns, so they play what they have right out of the gate giving the opponents more to work with.

10% are selfish to the point of foolishness: 10% is a low number, again because this game isn't hard to figure out. Life would be closer to 25%. Say your partner has six yellow cards, I have two green cards, and there's a green card on the table. My "partner" plays yellow, ha ha ha ha.........Fucker. By contention you can throw eggs and tomatoes.

On a side, there's a certain people that are supposed to be great with numbers, which is RACIST. Truth is while they're slightly better players than average, I've yet to see one that has this simple game figured out. They're probably busy going to Harvard :clap:
UNO was a card game way before Facebook was even thought of

Forum List

Back