I tend to think Jesus is coming back pretty soon

my best info tells me Jesus is coming back soon. We can see how the most free country in the world (once-called) is essentially gone (@ least for the time being?) because of perverts. I call anyone who 100% ditches Jesus (or common decency, if you prefer)--as elite dims obviously have--perverts. They not only pervert (distort) Jesus's words (if they use them at all) they violate the "laws" of common sense and simple logic. They have become beastly more than human. Some seem possessed by the devil. I feel that God has just about had enough

BTW (to interrupt myself here): What does anyone here "know" or suspect about the 2nd Coming vis a vis the end of the world? Are thy one and the same event?

In any case, God sees the lawlessness and malice against Christians and others of good will... persecutions, the bullying..

Mt 25:31

No one knows when the End will come. Jesus said only the Father knows. But we can and do wonder... I mean, how can a holy and loving God not be very.. well, at least highly irritated?

(I kind of "miss" the Old Testament wrath stuff.)

Darby had all the answers in 1830.

that's what your pastor(s) tell you

the truth about Christianity can be found only in the Church Christ founded, the Catholic Church.

No, the RC C is not perfect... FAR from it... but I always refer back to the pre-vat2 Church... This modern configuration is not what the Church was meant to be... except I think the Masss is still valid.. Jesus promised the gates of Hell would not prevail against His Church ... mt 1618

LOL. Are you a Jesuit?

onefour1

“The seven heads of the beast represent the seven hills where the woman rules” (Revelation 17:9).

Jerusalem was built on seven hills.

In the OT the prophets lambast Israel as a whore, prostitute, harlot for whoring after false gods.

When did this happen?

Philippians 2:10-11

New King James Version

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

For those who follow Jesus, sexual practices are limited. Rather than take a permissive view of sexual immorality and divorce, Jesus affirmed that people are either to be single and celibate or married and faithful to one spouse of the opposite gender. Jesus considered any other expression of sexuality sinful. This would include same-sex activity.

Also, are we to believe that any and every action is good unless Jesus specifically forbade it? The goal of the Gospels was not to give us a comprehensive list of sinful activities, and there are many obvious sins that are not found in the “red letter” section of the Bible. Kidnapping, for example. Jesus never specifically said that kidnapping was a sin, yet we know that stealing children is wrong. The point is that Jesus did not need to itemize sin, especially when the further revelation contained in the Epistles removes all doubt as to homosexuality’s sinfulness.

Scripture is clear that believers are to have nothing to do with sexual immorality: “Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body” (1 Corinthians 6:18). Sexual immorality, whether same-sex activity or otherwise, is a sin against a person’s own body.

Nothing in the first chapter of Revelation tells us that the Revelation is limited to the first century. Anyone who has read the Book of Revelation knows that the revelation is a prophecy of the last days and the end of the world. Has that happened yet? NO! We've already gone through your false assumption that the phrase "shortly come to pass" limits the revelation to the first century. Verse 1 of the chapter states:

Revelation 1:1
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

In God's time frame, what must shortly come to pass could span over thousands of years. Going forward to Revelation 12 we read:

Revelation 12:12
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Here we read in the same Book of Revelation that John has written that the devil came down from being cast out of heaven having great wrath because he knew that his time on earth would be short. Satan was cast out of heaven before the days of Adam and Eve and was present in the Garden of Eden to tempt Eve. Nearly 6000 years later and he is still upon the earth tempting mankind in that short time he has. That short time spoken of has lasted for nearly 6000 years. So when the Lord shows John things which must shortly come to pass, he is speaking of things in his own outlook or timeframe and not John's which could last several thousand years.

Revelation speaks of the millennial reign of Christ for 1000 years and then the end of the temporal existence of this earth when the heavens and the earth as we know them shall pass away and a new heaven and earth will come where there will be no sea.

Revelation 21:1
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Obviously these revelations do not simply pertain to the 1st century and we still have the seas with us today and Christ is yet to reign on this earth for 1000 years.

norwegen

The new heaven and earth is spiritual. The earth is far older than 6000 years.

there is plenty in the Bible about such... ever heard of Sodom and G?

and Jesus quoted the Old Testament. Not once that I know of did Jesus s ay Forget about the Old Testament

"I came not to abolish the law but to fulfill it"

Sodom and Gomorrah is a morality tale about sexual violence and mistreatment of travelers. The Cities of the Plain were long gone before Abraham and Lot.

Obviously these revelations do not simply pertain to the 1st century and we still have the seas with us today and Christ is yet to reign on this earth for 1000 years.

Let's not go bringing pesky facts, common sense and logic into the discussion. I'm always amazed that anyone would agree with preterism, when it is so clearly and demonstrably false. Thankfully there are very few preterists. But unfortunately we have a very vocal one around here who persists in misleading people in pretty much every single one of her posts.

Let's not go bringing pesky facts, common sense and logic into the discussion. I'm always amazed that anyone would agree with preterism, when it is so clearly and demonstrably false. Thankfully there are very few preterists. But unfortunately we have a very vocal one around here who persists in misleading people in pretty much every single one of her posts.
Demonstrably false if you are under the influence of Cyrus Scofield and John Nelson Darby or Hal Lindsey.

Demonstrably false if you are under the influence of Cyrus Scofield and John Nelson Darby or Hal Lindsey.

Give it a rest, I don’t agree with Scofield and Darby, I go by the Bible. And the point completely flew over your head, it’s demonstrably false when you simply open your eyes and see that we’re still in this evil age and things are getting worse, the second coming of Christ has not happened yet, evil hasn’t been eradicated, there is no peace among the nations or among humans and animals, the evil one is still the temporary lowercase god of this world, I could go on and on. In other words, it’s demonstrably false if you simply look at reality, as opposed to going by an absurd, ridiculous and obviously false heretical doctrine.

Now please give it a rest and stop misleading people.

Last edited:
Give it a rest, I don’t agree with Scofield and Darby, I go by the Bible. And the point completely flew over your head, it’s demonstrably false when you simply open your eyes and see that we’re still in this evil age and things are getting worse, the second coming of Christ has not happened yet, evil hasn’t been eradicated, there is no peace among the nations or among humans and animals, the evil one is still the temporary lowercase god of this world, I could go on and on. In other words, it’s demonstrably false if you simply look at reality, as opposed to going by an absurd, ridiculous and obviously false heretical doctrine.

Surada follows MEN and THEIR interpretations. TRUE Christians follow Scripture and are led through the Holy Spirit to understand

These (the Bereans) were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

norwegen

The new heaven and earth is spiritual. The earth is far older than 6000 years.
The New Heavens and the New Earth are CREATED AFTER Christ's 1,000 year reign on earth.

The New Earth will be created by this earth becoming a MOLTEN MASS (the Lake of Fire) where the physical will pass away and the New Earth will be inhabited ONLY by Spirit Beings -- the Children of God

Everything you have said you believe is Scofield.

Forum List

Back