“I Rented an Electric Car for a Four-Day Road Trip. I Spent More Time Charging It Than I Did Sleeping.”

Bite me. You are discussing this with me. Don't go rambling about what some others supposedly argue because you can't address what I am saying

You posted something saying oil is making 6.5% NET profit while the government makes 18 cents. That is not comparing apples to apples.
Friends Exxon stations lose money selling gas the tight margins and competition being so high. Just gets into the black by people buying things inside. Only thing that makes it worthwhile is Exxon pays him for the quantity of gas sold.

So you Leftards- and especially Brandon- are morons when it comes to how things operate.

It goes 280 miles. Most people after driving 4-5 hours will stop to eat. Most electric cars will also charge up to 80% in a fraction of a full charge. Once it gets to 80% the charging slows down. So in the time it takes even a regular person to eat their car could be charged for another 225 miles.

But then I fail to see the issue. If you don't want to buy one, don't. There are a lot of things I have no intention of buying but I dont feel a need to go around proclaiming it all the time.
So let’s suppose at some time in the future every car on the freeway is an electric vehicle. A significant number will be owned by people driving between distant locations who will have to stop for a charge. How many chargers will be available at a charging faculty or restaurant? 10, 20, 50, 100?

On Thanksgiving, Christmas and other holidays the demand for charging stations near the freeways will skyrocket as will the demand on the electric power plants. What happens if there is a brownout or blackout because of the excessive demand?

In my opinion we are not ready to do away with fossil fuels and it will be a couple of decades if not more before we are.

Oh goody! Now it’s an 8 hour wait and a hotel bill after every 200 miles of travel!
What a hoot!
1658215275396.png

Yes, you trying to argue is quite hilarious.

Exactly. Which at a gas station would be like a 30 minute wait. So what would you do at a charging station waiting for 6 hours?
Go to a different station. On the positive if I had an EV I wouldn't need a gas station any more.

It's hilarious to watch people argue for a technology they don't use themselves. It's not what people say that tell you what they believe... it's what they do that tells you what they believe.

Unreferenced chart is unreferenced.

Also those are probably max ranges without taking into account AC/heat and other secondary loads.
I can almost promise you that no one will be able to match those numbers in the real world.

Good luck with that. There's no such thing as a free lunch in thermodynamics.
No what I am saying is it means I literally wouldn't have to go to a gas station every week, charge at home.
is it perfect? No. Is it better than before? Yes.

Forum List

Back