I just had a great epiphany...

Shelzin

Equal Opportunity Asshole
Jul 15, 2012
I was just Youtubing... And that damn pop up came up again about their TV subscription. With Elon's internet coming... Yeah... Internet TV sounds good.

I go in their lineup to see what I'm getting and I realize... I don't want to pay for shit I don't want. Look... There is CNN. Not only do I not want to pay for it, I don't want them to get one single fucking cent of my money. Sure I could pay for it and then just not watch it... Only... I paid for it. I don't want to pay for it. This is the internet, how the hell can I not just pay for the channels I want?

Well look at that! You can chat to someone about this on their contact page. Yes.. I want to log exactly why I'm never going to use your service. I'm not now, nor will I likely ever support CNN. Make a package without it, or ... You're a big ass tech company for the love of god just allow me to pay for each and every channel I want. Thank you for logging that, have a nice night.

Please... For all of you who don't want a channel, say FOX, do the same. I like voting with dollars. They pay attention to that.

I was just Youtubing... And that damn pop up came up again about their TV subscription. With Elon's internet coming... Yeah... Internet TV sounds good.

I go in their lineup to see what I'm getting and I realize... I don't want to pay for shit I don't want. Look... There is CNN. Not only do I not want to pay for it, I don't want them to get one single fucking cent of my money. Sure I could pay for it and then just not watch it... Only... I paid for it. I don't want to pay for it. This is the internet, how the hell can I not just pay for the channels I want?

Well look at that! You can chat to someone about this on their contact page. Yes.. I want to log exactly why I'm never going to use your service. I'm not now, nor will I likely ever support CNN. Make a package without it, or ... You're a big ass tech company for the love of god just allow me to pay for each and every channel I want. Thank you for logging that, have a nice night.

Please... For all of you who don't want a channel, say FOX, do the same. I like voting with dollars. They pay attention to that.
My cable company carries the infowars channel.

I still pay the bill.

Get over it.

• Banned
My cable company carries the infowars channel.

I still pay the bill.

Get over it.
I wouldn't pay for that one either. I will do what I said I would do. I'm already over it, now it's just follow through. Easy. This is how you vote outside of elections.

It's an internet provider that you pay that gets you on the interwebs. How did you just post your comment?

Buffet lineups will happen eventually.
What is not going to happen is complete buffets where you pick 75 channels you want or 15 channels you want or 20 channels you want and get only those channels. You can pick the 75 but you'll get another 15 or 20. You can pick 15 channels but you'll get another 5-7 you don't want. And yes, you will get the 20 channels but have to pay for 30.

You'll have configurations but every configuration will have a certain amount of channels you'll never watch. That is the only way they can be viable for the smaller number of those that do watch it. Also expect resistance from ethnic minorities to insist that the Spanish language channels are on every plan...they're not going anywhere.

The only way really around it is to charge everyone more which defeats the purpose of the buffet plan in the first place.

What is not going to happen is complete buffets where you pick 75 channels you want or 15 channels you want or 20 channels you want and get only those channels. You can pick the 75 but you'll get another 15 or 20. You can pick 15 channels but you'll get another 5-7 you don't want. And yes, you will get the 20 channels but have to pay for 30.

You'll have configurations but every configuration will have a certain amount of channels you'll never watch. That is the only way they can be viable for the smaller number of those that do watch it. Also expect resistance from ethnic minorities to insist that the Spanish language channels are on every plan...they're not going anywhere.

The only way really around it is to charge everyone more which defeats the purpose of the buffet plan in the first place.
Wait so now you are starting to understand economics?

• Banned
It's an internet provider that you pay that gets you on the interwebs. How did you just post your comment?
OH no .. You misunderstand the problem. I'm rural. I'm paying over 100 dollars a month for 8mbps. Which means you watch one movie more or less and nothing else. You have no idea how happy I'll be paying that for 50-150 mbps that Elon thinks is shit, and will increase it as it gets out of beta.

Edit: The MOMENT I can get it I will. Even if my current provider says they'll match what Elon ( Starlink ) is doing... they should have done that before it got going. If you are going to fuck me, at least give me a reach around. Should have started giving those upgrades and discounts before the other options came about.

Edit2: I'm on fiber BTW. But... No competition. So... AT&T will just fuck you as hard as you can. I wouldn't even have fiber if the company I worked for didn't run the lines themselves. My little itty bitty town just happened to be on the way.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Last edited:

You fucking Spanish Commie Cable Whore! How dare you post something that makes sense! I think I'll go pass out on my fainting couch. There now, I feel better.

OH no .. You misunderstand the problem. I'm rural. I'm paying over 100 dollars a month for 8mbps. Which means you watch one movie more or less and nothing else. You have no idea how happy I'll be paying that for 50-150 mbps that Elon thinks is shit, and will increase it as it gets out of beta.

Edit: The MOMENT I can get it I will. Even if my current provider says they'll match what Elon ( Starlink ) is doing... they should have done that before it got going. If you are going to fuck me, at least give me a reach around. Should have started giving those upgrades and discounts before the other options came about.

Edit2: I'm on fiber BTW. But... No competition. So... AT&T will just fuck you as hard as you can. I wouldn't even have fiber if the company I worked for didn't run the lines themselves. My little itty bitty town just happened to be on the way.
I don't misunderstand anything. Hopefully someone will post something that is applicable to your monetary situation.

Last edited:

You fucking Spanish Commie Cable Whore! How dare you post something that makes sense! I think I'll go pass out on my fainting couch. There now, I feel better.
Lol...nice. It is cute the blob lover was so pissed at the election it spilled over to cable tv line ups

Lol...nice. It is cute the blob lover was so pissed at the election it spilled over to cable tv line ups
The sillyness of Orangeness never ends.

Hope you are doing well.

On a more important note...why are you paying for chloramines and fluoride in your water or do you want them ? Lemme guess. You have a water filter ?

I am rural also and all I stream is YouTube for free on an old WiiU

I don't misunderstand anything. Hopefully someone will post something that is applicable to your monetary situation.
Well... So far you haven't said a thing that has made any sense. So... ok.

On a more important note...why are you paying for chloramines and fluoride in your water or do you want them ? Lemme guess. You have a water filter ?
No. I'm on well water. But you are right, I would happily pay for those if I had access.

Forum List

Back