I have been treated better by the enemy.

Jun 22, 2014
I have been treated better by the enemy than my brother Vietnam Vets.

My fellow Vietnam Veterans. You may want to call this a whiney rant and dismiss these concerns……you can’t please everybody. :eusa_boohoo:What I want to see is some unity among American Vets.
I was in the Air Force and I now have to keep this quiet because as we all know, everybody in the Air Force is a coward and half of them are traitors. I have lost count of how many times I have heard this. Unless you took point on multiple recon missions, you are considered to be dirt, “not in the club.”
Uncle Sam had the ability to send me anywhere to do just about anything he wanted me to do 24/7 for six years. The USAF had me fixing the electronic countermeasure equipment on multiple aircraft for four years. I am proud of what I did but I have been threatened with a punch in the face if I dare to call myself a Vietnam Veteran. My DD-214 says I am a decorated Vietnam Vet but I am afraid to even admit I was in the military. I am afraid I might punch somebody myself.
I joined the VFW to find that a VFW in Chloride AZ does not serve Air Force people. With my name, Bruce, and living in California I was told I had three strikes against me. I asked if it helped that I was born in New York…….it didn’t. I quit the VFW.
Don’t ask me if I am a veteran. The majority of the time this question is asked, the reaction turns into a question and answer session until it is determined that I am an inferior person and probably a worse person than those who never served.
Veterans are their own worst enemies and I personally will not support any veteran’s events or causes.
Yes, I’m whining. USMC, US Army, Coast Guard, Navy and yes, and the USAF are all honorable organizations serving the USA. Get-It ?
What can you do ? The next time you hear a Vet disparage the other services, remind them that they too are Americans on our side.
Your silence is taken as an approval of this misplaced hate.
:mad:

Forum List

Back