question about bo bergdahl for american veterans

As an American VFW, how do you feel about a civilian's calling Bo Bergdahl a traitor?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shart_attack

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
hangin' with my bro e.coli
Do you find it disrespectful when Americans who've never served our country in either combat or in peace label Pvt. Bergdahl a turncoat?

Just want to gauge your opinions with regard to this in a poll.

If you are ...

• not an American; and/ or
  • not an American war veteran; and/ or
  • a deserter/ traitor

... please do not vote, as your opinion on this is totally irrelevant.

[MENTION=45104]WelfareQueen[/MENTION]
[MENTION=28505]The Professor[/MENTION]
[MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39750]Intolerant[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20594]Mr Clean[/MENTION]
[MENTION=33974]NLT[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43147]Wildman[/MENTION]
[MENTION=48060]guno[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21616]blastoff[/MENTION]
[MENTION=27234]natstew[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19727]Darkwind[/MENTION]
[MENTION=47870]Vigilante[/MENTION]
[MENTION=27324]whitehall[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1322]007[/MENTION]
[MENTION=41985]drifter[/MENTION]
[MENTION=44336]birddog[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15726]Hossfly[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20854]Zander[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42777]DigitalDrifter[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42946]Howey[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19441]Big Black Dog[/MENTION]
[MENTION=41918]SteadyMercury[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11763]ABikerSailor[/MENTION]
[MENTION=36589]DGS49[/MENTION]
[MENTION=47264]TrainTime[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31731]OldUSAFSniper[/MENTION]
[MENTION=25451]tinydancer[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43857]eagle1462010[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42404]Vandalshandle[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21357]SFC Ollie[/MENTION]
[MENTION=41892]Mushroom[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11800]Missourian[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39932]Oldguy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39072]mamooth[/MENTION]
[MENTION=25186]Two Thumbs[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31368]Lokiate[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31723]9thIDdoc[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20342]Ringel05[/MENTION]
[MENTION=27379]old navy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=37510]Borillar[/MENTION]

I won't vote in your poll, but just wanted to point out that a lot of opinions by those who haven't served have been formed based on the opinions of those who have served because people trust their assessment.

It doesn't bother me in the least. You have the right to voice your opinion in this country. So voice it.

There is no requirement to serve your country to hold and voice an opinion in the USA. I find a lot of things, said by a lot of people, to be disrespectful and hurtful. I never take into consideration their service to the country, or lack thereof.

However, if someone who has never served, wishes to make statements of facts on life in service, or motivation of those who served, when they themselves have not, they're going to be attacked by Me and any other person who served.

I am, however, of the firm belief that no one has the right to go through life unoffended.

swore an oath to defend the Constitution

last I checked, the First was part of the Constitution.

however

People that never served don't get the full idea of how it feels when you are betrayed by another Vet

Doesn't look good, but I'll wait for all the facts to come out. I tend to put more import to those that served because they know the realities. I asked Ollie's opinion in another thread because he knows the realities. Ditto Bloodrock.

Doesn't bother me at all. In fact, it is why I joined.

When you join the military you voluntarily surrender your own Constitutional rights - to protect them for the rest of the country. It's a sacrifice I proudly made.

:thup:

Just wondering. Why would you tell me not to vote? I served over 20 years in the Navy, was a Chief Petty Officer and have been shot at in Central America. Why is my opinion totally irrelevant? What's in your military history, shart_attack?

Just wondering. Why would you tell me not to vote? I served over 20 years in the Navy, was a Chief Petty Officer and have been shot at in Central America. Why is my opinion totally irrelevant? What's in your military history, shart_attack?

I don't think you understand what I'm saying in the OP, sir.

In it, I am specifically asking only veterans—i.e., Americans like yourself—to vote on it.

If he left his post, I'll use my Dads time in Korea as an example.

During that war, there were men called "Rocks". Their job was to guard the soldiers day and night. If one fell asleep, he was executed w/o a court martial

Imagine if he deserted and men slipped past his post to kill our troops.
Now imagine him getting sent to another post where he can set up the same event.

Haters gonna hate.

I'll wait for the investigation, But it doesn't look good for Bergdahl.

This is my viewpoint on it also. Right now we only have a command investigation, which did everything to make the command look good, and place all blame on him. Now that he is finally freed, we can learn his side of what happened.

Personally, I find the very idea that he left his weapon behind and deserted in a hostile nation to be ludicrous in the extreme. I have never accepted that investigation, it simply makes no sense.

It makes about as much sense as an American Jew trying to defect to Germany during WWII.

Doesn't bother me at all. In fact, it is why I joined.

When you join the military you voluntarily surrender your own Constitutional rights - to protect them for the rest of the country. It's a sacrifice I proudly made.

:thup:

No, you do not surrender your "Constitutional Rights".

Do people actually believe that crap?

During that war, there were men called "Rocks". Their job was to guard the soldiers day and night. If one fell asleep, he was executed w/o a court martial

Now imagine him getting sent to another post where he can set up the same event.
I smell bs

I smell bs

RO(c)K's as in Republic of Korea is military slang for members of the Republic of Korea Armed Forces.

I have no doubt that the ROK Military Commanders summarily executed anyone found derelict of duty during wartime.

Last edited:
The traitor is a sergeant. Get your facts straight.

The man to the left of Bergdahl is Badar’udin Haqqani, the son of the Haqqani leader, Jalaluddin Haqqani. The Haqqani are aligned with the Taliban and are the people who held Bergdahl for five years. Badar’udin Haqqani was killed in an attack in 2012.

BsF7ugQCAAEkxi0.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/khorasan313/status/486806279470346240/photo/1