Zone1 Excuse me?

If we’re talking about commercials and the like, yeah, who cares?

It’s not really about the talent of the actors. Lots of good black actors out there, obviously

My only issue is when classic white characters (superheroes, Disney characters, reboots, etc) are suddenly recast as people of color for no apparent reason

The double standard bugs me. If Marvel recast Falcon as a white guy or if Disney recast The Princess and the Frog movie with whites, people would lose their shit

Create new black characters instead of race changing preexisting white ones

Black Americans are like 13% of the populace, if we want to be fair and representative, fine. But all I get in the media is negros represented as if they are the majority and I am supposed to pretend that isn't happening?
Yeah, I get that. There are black people, but there ain't that many. :oops:

On the other hand, why do you care?

Does seeing a disproportionately large number of black folks in commercials really affect you?
It’s showing that liberals are making selections based on skin color, which of course is racist. But if we point that out, liberals call US racist.

The clear message is that it is OK to discriminate by race, as long as it it to the benefit of blacks and detriment of whites.

It’s showing that liberals are making selections based on skin color, which of course is racist. But if we point that out, liberals call US racist.

The clear message is that it is OK to discriminate by race, as long as it it to the benefit of blacks and detriment of whites.
Having a lot of black folk on commercials does NOT send a message it’s ok to discriminate by race

Commercials and TV shows do not 100% reflect the exact racial demographics of the nation and never have

It’s not their responsibility to do so

And for decades blacks were underrepresented in media.

So, now, if the media is overcorrecting a little, it’s pretty hypocritical to get your pantries in a bunch

Having a lot of black folk on commercials does NOT send a message it’s ok to discriminate by race

Commercials and TV shows do not 100% reflect the exact racial demographics of the nation and never have

It’s not their responsibility to do so
Yes, it does…..because they ARE discriminating by race. They are deciding whom to feature based on skin color.

And of course the ads and commercials wouldn’t be 100% reflective. But when you walk through Target, and 80% of the posters feature 13% of the population, and only 10% of the posters feature the majority of the country, that is INTENTIONAL race-based, anti-white discrimination.

And for decades blacks were underrepresented in media.

So, now, if the media is overcorrecting a little, it’s pretty hypocritical to get your pantries in a bunch
You don’t correct racism by practicing it - just against a different group.

Take a deep breath. You're gonna make it!
I’m not so sure. The bigotry coming out from the Left is nothing to make light of. We have Jewish students moving out of dorms and afraid to walk to class. So stop the snark putting down concern about prejudice.

I’m not so sure. The bigotry coming out from the Left is nothing to make light of. We have Jewish students moving out of dorms and afraid to walk to class. So stop the snark putting down concern about prejudice.
I think you’ve got the wrong thread.

Black Americans are like 13% of the populace, if we want to be fair and representative, fine. But all I get in the media is negros represented as if they are the majority and I am supposed to pretend that isn't happening?

"Negros" wow, you are a racist.

• Fact
Reactions: IM2

You're not supposed to pretend the color of people on fucking TV commercials matters even a little bit.

Forum List

Back