I do not blame Wilson. Worst play call in the history OF SPORTS.

They have a time out, 26 seconds from the one yard line. The Pats and Belichick mysteriously not calling a time out. Basically representing that they are going to let them score, keep their time outs for Brady to have a shot to get into FG range.

Hey Carroll, double tight ends, run it 3 times from one yard with beast. Not really hard and no time to call for a pass into the center where ALL THE FUCKING DEFENDERS ARE.

Holy shit. It was not a bad pass, it was a good play by the DB. Wilson was not off target, the DB jumped the route.

Has to be the stupidest play call in the history of sports. Not the super bowl. Not in football. In all of sports. Considering the situation, what the other team is representing, and what the Seahawks have (the best short yardage back in the NFL).

Yup, the Pats won fair and square, didn't they? :D They won the Superbowl. Guess what that means?

No. I don't think they could have beat the Seahawks in a fair and square game without the NFL stepping in to fix it for them. Something isn't right about last night. I think the Seahawks layed down at the end because they were told to. Who knows how dirty the NFL is? I do not believe that they made a wrong decision on that play - I believe they were forced into it.

Oh please, stop your bellyaching. The Patriots won fair and square. They came back from a 10 point deficit because they are a GOOD team. Period. Obviously this is true, or GOD would have stepped in, correct?

How is that possible if the Seahawks threw the game out of fear, a threat, intimidation made by those in powerful positions inside or outside the NFL? If they were not willing to trust God they would not be willing to hold onto that 10 point lead they had. They would throw it away. Would that be God's fault? Did God give us all a free will or didn't he?

Furthermore........

Tell me, Chris, if you were given the gift of salvation and decided to throw it away for a few fleeting years of fame in Hollywood and bow down to Satan - would that be God's responsibility or your own that you ended up in hell? Get the point? Free will is free will but you'll answer in the end. So will those who were behind something very devious concerning this Superbowl game. The truth will eventually come out. It always does.

They have a time out, 26 seconds from the one yard line. The Pats and Belichick mysteriously not calling a time out. Basically representing that they are going to let them score, keep their time outs for Brady to have a shot to get into FG range.

Hey Carroll, double tight ends, run it 3 times from one yard with beast. Not really hard and no time to call for a pass into the center where ALL THE FUCKING DEFENDERS ARE.

Holy shit. It was not a bad pass, it was a good play by the DB. Wilson was not off target, the DB jumped the route.

Has to be the stupidest play call in the history of sports. Not the super bowl. Not in football. In all of sports. Considering the situation, what the other team is representing, and what the Seahawks have (the best short yardage back in the NFL).

Yup, the Pats won fair and square, didn't they? :D They won the Superbowl. Guess what that means?

No. I don't think they could have beat the Seahawks in a fair and square game without the NFL stepping in to fix it for them. Something isn't right about last night. I think the Seahawks layed down at the end because they were told to. Who knows how dirty the NFL is? I do not believe that they made a wrong decision on that play - I believe they were forced into it.

Oh please, stop your bellyaching. The Patriots won fair and square. They came back from a 10 point deficit because they are a GOOD team. Period. Obviously this is true, or GOD would have stepped in, correct?

How is that possible if the Seahawks threw the game out of fear, a threat, intimidation made by those in powerful positions inside or outside the NFL? If they were not willing to trust God they would not be willing to hold onto that 10 point lead they had. They would throw it away. Would that be God's fault? Did God give us all a free will or didn't he?

Furthermore........

Tell me, Chris, if you were given the gift of salvation and decided to throw it away for a few fleeting years of fame in Hollywood and bow down to Satan - would that be God's responsibility or your own that you ended up in hell? Get the point?

Quit acting like a nut Jeri. The Patriots won the game fair and square. The Seahawks were intercepted in the end zone. The Pats came back from a 10 point deficit and did not let the Seahawks score again. I watched the entire game (unlike yourself).

YOU were the one who said that if the Patriots were cheaters, GOD would intervene and would not ALLOW them to win. Well, that is not what happened now, is it? :D

Now, you are starting to sound as if you have some hatred in your heart.

Let's get a grip guys, the Seahawks gave up. A 10 point lead in six minutes. Brady was on fire.

Seattle gets to the one yard line with 26 seconds left, Brady is on fire. They have three plays to punch it into the end zone. They are concerned with three time outs Brady will get New England in to field goal range, remember Seattle's game in the playoffs in Atlanta. They game Atlanta to much time and lost the game.

So, you take one play and if it falls into the end zone, they have eaten time off the clock and give it to Lynch on the next play to punch it in, leaving less time on the clock for Brady to work with.

If Seattle completes the pass, this would have been a great call, just like the pass at halftime to Matthews. Great call because it worked. terrible call if it doesn't.

On Thursday the Patriots practiced defense for that EXACT same play and Butler got burned. When the time came, Browner reminded Butler about the Thursday practice, this time Butler did it right.

All you people complaining about the bad play call don't understand the game and are very emotional. The fact is the play call was not bad, the result was. Had it been caught, had it not been intercepted, had it fallen in the end zone, nobody, not a one of you would ever question it. You would have watched Lynch march in a play later and Brady would have had less time to march down the field. Butler made a great play, he help seal what was a great game for the Patriots, they dominated for three quarters and Seattle almost won.

Belichick love him or hate him, I hate him, but he is a great coach.

Let's get a grip guys, the Seahawks gave up. A 10 point lead in six minutes. Brady was on fire.

Seattle gets to the one yard line with 26 seconds left, Brady is on fire. They have three plays to punch it into the end zone. They are concerned with three time outs Brady will get New England in to field goal range, remember Seattle's game in the playoffs in Atlanta. They game Atlanta to much time and lost the game.

So, you take one play and if it falls into the end zone, they have eaten time off the clock and give it to Lynch on the next play to punch it in, leaving less time on the clock for Brady to work with.

If Seattle completes the pass, this would have been a great call, just like the pass at halftime to Matthews. Great call because it worked. terrible call if it doesn't.

On Thursday the Patriots practiced defense for that EXACT same play and Butler got burned. When the time came, Browner reminded Butler about the Thursday practice, this time Butler did it right.

All you people complaining about the bad play call don't understand the game and are very emotional. The fact is the play call was not bad, the result was. Had it been caught, had it not been intercepted, had it fallen in the end zone, nobody, not a one of you would ever question it. You would have watched Lynch march in a play later and Brady would have had less time to march down the field. Butler made a great play, he help seal what was a great game for the Patriots, they dominated for three quarters and Seattle almost won.

Exactly. :D The fact is, the game was close enough that it hung on a pass in the end zone, and the Seahawks got beat fair and square.

Furthermore........

Tell me, Chris, if you were given the gift of salvation and decided to throw it away for a few fleeting years of fame in Hollywood and bow down to Satan - would that be God's responsibility or your own that you ended up in hell? Get the point?

Quit acting like a nut Jeri. The Patriots won the game fair and square. The Seahawks were intercepted in the end zone. The Pats came back from a 10 point deficit and did not let the Seahawks score again. I watched the entire game (unlike yourself).

YOU were the one who said that if the Patriots were cheaters, GOD would intervene and would not ALLOW them to win. Well, that is not what happened now, is it? :D

I have no hatred in my heart. I pray the Patriots will one day tell the truth about all the cheating they were involved in. (unconfessed sin will not profit them) There were far too many stories about it for it not to have been true. I pray for their salvation. I still believe there is more to this story and one day we will learn the full truth of the matter. As for you, Chris? Your denial that the Patriots were cheating says a lot about you. If you are alright with people who win by cheating - deflating footballs and such - what else are you alright with? You need to examine your own heart.

Furthermore........

Tell me, Chris, if you were given the gift of salvation and decided to throw it away for a few fleeting years of fame in Hollywood and bow down to Satan - would that be God's responsibility or your own that you ended up in hell? Get the point? Free will is free will but you'll answer in the end. So will those who were behind something very devious concerning this Superbowl game. The truth will eventually come out. It always does.

Seriously? New England dominated for three quarters and almost lost. Nobody threw the game, do you know how tough it would be to script Kearse's catch or the interception? You are being seriously crazy.

Why would you script Manning getting blown out last year? How would it ever help the NFL and their image.

Please stop, you are sounding looney.

Furthermore........

I have no hatred in my heart. I pray the Patriots will one day tell the truth about all the cheating they were involved in. There were far too many stories about it for it not to have been true. I pray for their salvation. I still believe there is more to this story and one day we will learn the full truth of the matter. As for you, Chris? Your denial that the Patriots were cheating says a lot about you. If you are alright with people who win by cheating - deflating footballs and such - what else are you alright with? You need to examine your own heart.

No, I don't think so Jeri. That would be you. You yourself stated that if the Patriots had cheated, God would not allow them to win the Superbowl. Well, they won the Superbowl, and you are STILL bad mouthing them. And what does that say about your God? Just knock it off. You don't even WATCH the games and you don't know what you're talking about.

Really you are exonerating Russell Wilson for that play?
He didn't have to try to force the ball in there, he could have just as well lobed it into the endzone.

IF the guy for the Seahawks had caught that ball in the end zone, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Lol. So, because he couldn't catch it and was intercepted, the only reason why the Pats won is because of a "bad call." That's bogus. The Pats won because they are a good team. They came back from a deficit, they kept the game close, and if they had someone better covering that big guy (what's his name for the hawks) than Arrington, that ball SHOULD have been intercepted a few more times IMO. Also, the bobbling ball catch by the Seahawks . . . . we could call THAT lucky.
It was a bad play call. Lynch was pounding the Pats. Why throw the ball into a crowd, when you are one yard from a TD? It was a dumb call...just admit it. Admitting this fact does not denigrate the Pats.

I agree

It was not just that they threw a pass but threw one into traffic. If they wanted to pass, run play action to Lynch and watch Wilson walk into the endzone

Really you are exonerating Russell Wilson for that play?
He didn't have to try to force the ball in there, he could have just as well lobed it into the endzone.

It was the right play, the WR was open. It was a decent enough throw, however that play should not have been the play call. It is firing right into the teeth of a defense that is already crowded do to where they were on the field.

It was suppose to be a pick play and it was jumped by the DB who made an outstanding play.

You think you know so much about the game, when virtually every prognosticator (including ex NFL players like Steve Young) say it was a ridiculous call. Utterly and completely inexcusable to risk that play with that throw in that situation with Marshawn Lynch who was having an outstanding game against a defense that was indeed gassed considering the time of the game.

BTW, the Patriots defense was ranked 32nd in the NFL in that situation.

You want to battle football wits with me nits? Lets go at it. Better bring a gun. Cause so far you are using a knife in a gun fight.

You think you know so much about the game, when virtually every prognosticator (including ex NFL players like Steve Young) say it was a ridiculous call. Utterly and completely inexcusable to risk that play with that throw in that situation with Marshawn Lynch who was having an outstanding game against a defense that was indeed gassed considering the time of the game.

You want to battle football wits with me nits? Lets go at it. Better bring a gun. Cause so far you are using a knife in a gun fight.

Lynch has carried the ball five times this year from the one and scored once. 109 throws were thrown at the one yard this season, that was the first interception.

I think the call was bad, but if the play didn't result in a turnover and Lynch scores on the next play, no one and I mean no one, not even you would even mention it.

im convinced carrol was paid to throw this game.its the ONLY thing that makes any sense why he did not run lynch in for the winning touchdown.the pats don't have that good a run defense,they had them on their heels.run the god damn fucking football,use your best weapon.carrol is no better than pete rose.he throws games.i never took stock in the cheating thing at USC now I believe every word of it.

Lynch has carried the ball five times this year from the one and scored once. 109 throws were thrown at the one yard this season, that was the first interception.

I think the call was bad, but if the play didn't result in a turnover and Lynch scores on the next play, no one and I mean no one, not even you would even mention it.

What situations were those plays called from the one? Was it late in the 4th quarter when the defense was gassed against a defense that was ranked 31st in the NFL in short yardage situations?

Also, I am not even saying that a pass play is that bad. It was the particular pass play that was called. Everyone knows Russell Wilson is short. That means his ability to throw slants is lesser than most QBs.

He ran 5 play action passes on the 3rd downs in the game and he converted all of them.

Again, stats are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, what they conceal is vital. There was no guarantee Lynch would have ran it in from 1 yard.

I am thinking if they ran it twice, perhaps 3 times considering they had a timeout, there is no way the Pats hold him considering how tired they were at that time of the game. Late in the 4th, the defense is tired to say the least. Now, try being tired while trying to tackle beastmode and keeping him from getting one yard. Good luck.

What situations were those plays called from the one? Was it late in the 4th quarter when the defense was gassed against a defense that was ranked 31st in the NFL in short yardage situations?

Also, I am not even saying that a pass play is that bad. It was the particular pass play that was called. Everyone knows Russell Wilson is short. That means his ability to throw slants is lesser than most QBs.

He ran 5 play action passes on the 3rd downs in the game and he converted all of them.

Again, stats are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, what they conceal is vital. There was no guarantee Lynch would have ran it in from 1 yard.

I am thinking if they ran it twice, perhaps 3 times considering they had a timeout, there is no way the Pats hold him considering how tired they were at that time of the game. Late in the 4th, the defense is tired to say the least. Now, try being tired while trying to tackle beastmode and keeping him from getting one yard. Good luck.

If the pass went incomplete then they had Lynch at the one for two plays and given the Patriots less time to get with in FG range and Seattle's defense in the 4th was not good, the Patriots had 14 points in under 6 minutes. Carroll is an envelope pusher and that is what makes him a great coach. He lost with this one, look at what Wilson has done the last three years, I wouldn't bet against him and if they had another game against NE, I'd still pick Seattle. They were dominated in three quarters and almost won.

Lynch had 102 yards on 24 carriers...or about 4 yards a carrier. Not too shabby. The guy is a load. The chances of stopping him from getting one yard, has to be very low.

Now the throw that was intercepted, chases of failure has to be a lot higher. Why risk it in the biggest game and biggest play of the year.

yeah that was an understatement that it was a ridiculous call.It was easily the most asinine call I have ever seen carrol make..al michales and chris Collingsworth were flabbergasted,they could not believe it.it makes perfect sense though if he threw the game and knowing carrols history at USC,I don't put it past him.

don't forget as I talked about over on my thread,he also stopped sending the house blitzing everyone which was working and did not throw the red flag on that obvious pass interference call against them when he had plenty of timeouts left.He would have easily won the challenge as well.that was a momentum change for them that would have kept a drive of theirs going.

Wilson should have done the jim harbaugh thing he did with the bears,ignore ditkas call and call for Lynch to run it up the middle.

this is the superbowl for god sakes,they were clearly not going to stop him as they were tired at the end like opposing defenses always get when he wears them down.If Im Lynch,i don't come back and play for that asshole carrol next year.I tell myself I got my ring,I'll take a lot more money somewhere else now.

btw owl,take my advise,dont waste your breath on pooper troll,you just end up talking to a brick wall.

Last edited:
Lynch had 102 yards on 24 carriers...or about 4 yards a carrier. Not too shabby. The guy is a load. The chances of stopping him from getting one yard, has to be very low.

Now the throw that was intercepted, chases of failure has to be a lot higher. Why risk it in the biggest game and biggest play of the year.
you don't unless you are paid off to throw the game and with carrols shady history at USC,I NOW think since he has his superbowl ring,he didn't care and took the payoff.

Big game, big mistakes

I need you to answer this one, Owl. Last night I didn't watch the game but midway through I checked the online update report and it said Seahawks had a 10 point lead. 24-14 - I checked again and it was still 24- 14. At that time there was less than 8 minutes left in the game I believe. So tell me this. Is it possible that the game was fixed? You say the Pats & their coachj mysteriously didn't call a time out. The next guy here says they purposely made the worst decision - a decision no professional obviously would have made - yet they make it and lose the game. On purpose? The NFL. Is it that crooked and how many team members would it take to do such a thing? Two? Three? Would the coach have to know about it? I'm praying the truth comes out about this because I do not believe what happened was on the up and up last night. Not by a long shot.

No you Moron..the game wasn't fixed. Why are you trying to fuck up a perfectly good tragedy? Go back under your rock and your tin foil hat you fucking nitwit!

Forum List

Back