I Dare Any Democrat Supporters To Defend This

OK......make that double-dog-dare-ya'.

I admit it's a trap, 'cause if you do agree with this, you will have slapped the label Nazi, Fascist, Bolshevik, on your party.......exactly as I have said each and every day.

Here ya' go:

"CNN's Jake Tapper floats banning Republicans from shows over 'Big Lie': 'Why should I put any of them on TV?'

"...insisting that the "Big Lie" that the election was "stolen"..."

"The lie about the election on its own is anti-democracy and it is sowing seeds of ignorance in the populous and, obviously, it has the potential to incite violence, but beyond that is if you're willing to lie about that, what are you not willing to lie about?" Tapper asked. "That's where we are when it comes to the House Republican leadership McCarthy and [Rep. Steve] Scalise and where we are with too many leaders of the Republican Party. They're not willing to tell their voters the truth! What does that say about them?"

How about this......wanna agree with this????????

"I think it’s become clear that fairness is overrated ... the idea that we should always give two sides equal weight and merit does not reflect the world we find ourselves in," Holt said on Tuesday night while accepting an award at the 45th Murrow Symposium. "That the sun sets in the west is a fact. Any contrary view does not deserve our time or attention," Holt continued. "Decisions to not give unsupported arguments equal time are not a dereliction of journalistic responsibility or some kind of agenda, in fact, it’s just the opposite." NBC's Lester Holt says we don’t need to hear both sides to define truth: ‘Fairness is overrated’

Conservatives are unapologetic and unrepentant liars, to be sure.

But conservatives' arrogance is almost equally infuriating if they think the media has some kind of obligation to help conservatives spread their lies. They should have learned that when Facebook and Twitter banned Trump.

If you want another real world example, try this one. Let's say that there's a person and/or a company that is defrauding investors out of money. To do it, they use the US mail, emails, and telephones to solicit investments. Well, guess what, not only are those modes of communication under no obligation to facilitate a criminal enterprise, it's also illegal. It's called mail fraud and wire fraud.

Stop tap-dancing and answer the question:

Here ya' go:

"CNN's Jake Tapper floats banning Republicans from shows over 'Big Lie': 'Why should I put any of them on TV?'

"The lie about the election on its own is anti-democracy and it is sowing seeds of ignorance in the populous and, obviously, it has the potential to incite violence, but beyond that is if you're willing to lie about that, what are you not willing to lie about?" Tapper asked. "That's where we are when it comes to the House Republican leadership McCarthy and [Rep. Steve] Scalise and where we are with too many leaders of the Republican Party. They're not willing to tell their voters the truth! What does that say about them?"

www.foxnews.com

CNN's Jake Tapper floats banning Republicans from shows over 'Big Lie': 'Why should I put any of them on TV?'

CNN anchor Jake Tapper suggested on Tuesday that he would ban Republicans from appearing on his programs amid the House leadership clash with Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wy.
www.foxnews.com
www.foxnews.com

"I think it’s become clear that fairness is overrated ... the idea that we should always give two sides equal weight and merit does not reflect the world we find ourselves in," Holt said on Tuesday night while accepting an award at the 45th Murrow Symposium. "That the sun sets in the west is a fact. Any contrary view does not deserve our time or attention," Holt continued. "Decisions to not give unsupported arguments equal time are not a dereliction of journalistic responsibility or some kind of agenda, in fact, it’s just the opposite." NBC's Lester Holt says we don’t need to hear both sides to define truth: ‘Fairness is overrated’

why is tapper on tv...nobody is watching

CNN's Jake Tapper floats banning Republicans from shows over 'Big Lie': 'Why should I put any of them on TV?'​

As long as Tapper is only referring to shows on his own program then what's there to defend? When you get your own show you too can put on whoever you please.

I'll put you in the 'fine with censoring opposing viewpoints' column.

Now.....how about concentration camps on private property?

Copacetic, too.....you dunce?

Jake Tapper and CNN are free to use what ever criteria they want when deciding who to invite on their network.

Not my approach, I'd invite them on and question their lies and not let them get away with dodging the questions.
tapper is afraid of the truth obviously

A Democrat characteristic.

"Let me give you a little tip: if you want liberalism to continue in this country, you have to realize that liberal students are being let down by their professors! They have liberal school teachers, and read the liberal press! Because of this weak preparation, they are unable to argue, to think beyond the first knee-jerk impulse. They can’t put together a logical thought. Now, compare that to a college Republican…"
Coulter

CNN's Jake Tapper floats banning Republicans from shows over 'Big Lie': 'Why should I put any of them on TV?'​

As long as Tapper is only referring to shows on his own program then what's there to defend? When you get your own show you too can put on whoever you please.

With your lack of understanding of the concept of censorship where you put me is of little matter. Have at your totalitarian belief protesting that these shows should not be able to exercise such editorial control over who appears and doesn't appear as guest on their own programs. My guess is you were taken in by the use of the click-bait headline which used the plural "shows" when in fact Tapper did not bring up any other show but his own. If he had done that, now then indeed we'd have something to discuss. But you simply fell for the journalist trick; hook, line and sinker.

With your lack of understanding of the concept of censorship where you put me is of little matter. Have at your totalitarian belief protesting that these shows should not be able to exercise such editorial control over who appears and doesn't appear as guest on their own programs. My guess is you were taken in by the use of the click-bait headline which used the plural "shows" when in fact Tapper did not bring up any other show but his own. If he had done that, now then indeed we'd have something to discuss. But you simply fell for the journalist trick; hook, line and sinker.

"... editorial control...."

Censorship.

Don't be stupid your whole life......take a day off.

They exist because they are authorized to use the public airways.

Censorship.

You got this whole concept of censorship backwards, Do you or do you not favor these shows maintaining self editorial control? I doubt I'll get a straight answer and suspect you'll continue with the childish name calling displaying your inability to step up, think for yourself, and provide intelligent thought. But let's give it a shot. I dare you.

Censorship.

You got this whole concept of censorship backwards, Do you or do you not favor these shows maintaining self editorial control? I doubt I'll get a straight answer and suspect you'll continue with the childish name calling displaying your inability to step up, think for yourself, and provide intelligent thought. But let's give it a shot. I dare you.

You again????

Don't worry.....you're a Good German.

I am surprised that you don’t feel conspicuous, marching around in that brown shirt and the helmet with the spike on top….

Censorship.

Free Press.

When there were only the three nationwide broadcast networks they did enforce the Fairness Doctrine to prevent one from broadcasting a single political perspective 24/7. But the Neo-GOP's Great-Granddaddy RayGun abolished the use of that rule. So FAUX, OAN, CNN, MSNBC can be as partisan as they like and need not air the opposition cheerleaders or talking points.

Censorship.

Free Press.

When there were only the three nationwide broadcast networks they did enforce the Fairness Doctrine to prevent one from broadcasting a single political perspective 24/7. But the Neo-GOP's Great-Granddaddy RayGun abolished the use of that rule. So FAUX, OAN, CNN, MSNBC can be as partisan as they like and need not air the opposition cheerleaders or talking points.

I'm surprised terms like 'free' and 'fair' don't stick in the craw of Fascists like you.

The media was given a place in the Constitution, in the first amendment, because the Founders believed that an informed populace would perform due diligence, and come to a proper decision.

The media today, nothing more than Democrats with press passes, hides the truth, censors unflattering stories, such as the Biden sell-out to Communist China, and supports you fascisti.

"And this is the way the world ends. Not with a bang, but a whimper ..."
TS Eliot

Censorship.

You again????

I am surprised that you don’t feel conspicuous, marching around in that brown shirt and the helmet with the spike on top….

Just as I called it...

You got this whole concept of censorship backwards, Do you or do you not favor
these shows maintaining self editorial control? I doubt I'll get a straight answer
and suspect you'll continue with the childish name calling displaying your
inability to step up, think for yourself, and provide intelligent thought.
But
let's give it a shot. I dare you.
Well, at least I gave you a fair shot.

Censorship.

Free Press.

I'm surprised terms like 'free' and 'fair' don't stick in the craw of Fascists like you.

The media was given a place in the Constitution, in the first amendment, because the Founders believed that an informed populace would perform due diligence, and come to a proper decision.

The media today, nothing more than Democrats with press passes, hides the truth, censors unflattering stories, such as the Biden sell-out to Communist China, and supports you fascisti.

TS Eliot

I never said the Press had to be fair. Show me in the 1st Amendment where it obligates the Free Press to be fair? Sure they made some laws when those television machines took over the airwaves. But now we have such an eclectic choice for information with these internet machines, those law are no longer applicable.

Censorship.

You again????

Just as I called it...

these shows maintaining self editorial control? I doubt I'll get a straight answer
But

Can you name any Republicans saying this sort of thing?

Censorship.

Free Press.

TS Eliot

I never said the Press had to be fair. Show me in the 1st Amendment where it obligates the Free Press to be fair? Sure they made some laws when those television machines took over the airwaves. But now we have such an eclectic choice for information with these internet machines, those law are no longer applicable.

"Whenever liberals are in a tight spot, they adopt the scorched-earth policy of argumentation. With no answer, they start demanding that you define words: What do you mean “liberal”? What do you mean “democracy”? What do you mean “patriotism”?"
Coulter

Or "Show me in the 1st Amendment where it obligates the Free Press to be fair?"

Gads, you Democrats are scum.

Why don’t we dedicate a segment every week to Flat Earth people? Because they are nuts. Why don’t we put people on who believe any of the insane conspiracy theories. Because they believe in insane conspiracy theories.

If we are going to give equal weight don’t we have to put forth people who swear that the Trump Family is trying establish a monarchy? A totalitarian regime ruled by themselves turning us into a less successful version of North Korea?

Do these people all deserve equal time?

Censorship.

You again????

Just as I called it...

But

Can you name any Republicans saying this sort of thing?

I especially liked where he equated his personal political opinion with the sun setting in the west. Yeah, no narcissism THERE!

I admit it's a trap, 'cause if you do agree with this, you will have slapped the label Nazi, Fascist, Bolshevik, on your party.......exactly as I have said each and every day.

Here ya' go:

I'll defend it gladly. You see if you have 2 sides in which one side is supported by demonstrable facts and the other side is going against those facts without offering even a semblance of facts only one side should be represented.

For instance large-scale election fraud. Or another instance would be the shape of the Earth. Or not presenting the claim that there's an elite that uses children's faces as a way to keep young. A news agency and I would argue most reasonable people have no problem recognizing that when those kinds of things are discussed only one conclusion is valid and a "counter-argument" should not be entertained without hard and I do mean HARD evidence.

Exactly as I predicted:

...... you will have slapped the label Nazi, Fascist, Bolshevik, on your party.......exactly as I have said each and every day.

Now.....on the issue of "You see if you have 2 sides in which one side is supported by demonstrable facts and the other side is going against those facts without offering even a semblance of facts only one side should be represented."

Watch me ram that back down your lying throat:

First collusion, collusion, collusion, Russia, Russia, Russia, Obstruction, Obstruction, Obstruction. Racist, Racist, Racist, Impeach, Impeach, Impeach, Recession, Recession, Recession, Emoluments, 25th amendment, Stormy Daniels, lies about Charlottesville fine Nazis, Kurds, Ukraine, Quid Pro Quo, ‘lynching,’ the Kavanaugh hoax, the GAO charges, Lev Parnas, impeachment, coronavirus ‘hoax,’ General Flynn perjury trap, no evidence of voter fraud in the stolen election.....

Don’t forget the Democrats told you that Trump was colluding with Russia…and that wasn’t true. They also told you that so was Naval Academy grad Carter Page and so was George Papadopoulos and so was General Michael Flynn, a three star general and former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency….and all of that was a lie.

Anyone on the Right demand censorship, you Fascist??????

...and, AOC lying about her near-death experience in the Capitol Riots.....when she wasn't even in the Capitol.

And that Biden voters as agents provocateur weren't behind the Capitol Riot.....and that Pelosi knew and refused to allow extra security. They lie about everything.......yet here you are, ready to swallow the next lie.

FakeStories: Three years of Russian Collusion stories; altering documents at the DoJ and FBI to railroad political opponents; the state media burying the Hunter Biden Scandal what with Joe getting 10% of the bribes; stories about Kavanaugh rape parties, and Covington Catholic School; Carter Page working for Russia when he was actually working for the CIA….where were those ‘fact checkers’?

Collusion is a term in common English, it is not a term that has any meaning in law. I have read the Mueller report, I have read although not completely I will admit the report released by the commission led by Ron Johnson, not exactly what I'd call a Democrat about what transpired in the Trump campaign. Both reports confirm that there was collusion between Russia and the campaign in the dictionary sense of the word.

What the Mueller report concluded is that that collusion would be hard to prove to have risen to what would be a criminal conspiracy. Something that does have legal meaning and parameters that are quite a lot more stringent than the word collusion.

I also notice that besides calling me names and trying to deflect you haven't tried to actually answer the heart of what I say. And your actual premise of the OP.

There are plenty of examples of cases where 2 sides of an argument are so unequal that both do not have to be presented as equal. That is not censorship, that is called being reasonable. If you want to post clips on youtube that the earth is flat, go right ahead. If you want Jake Tapper to give you a platform on national TV and seat you next to an actual astronomer in the interest of "fairness" you are out of your mind.

Who are the Republicans who demanded censorship, the silencing of opposing opinions, you lying low-life?????????

None.....only your sort.

A real Liberal wrote this book:

View attachment 487981

You mean like the House of Representatives Republicans who just voted Liz Cheney out of her leadership position for not advocating the discredited conspiracy theories?

Why don’t we dedicate a segment every week to Flat Earth people? Because they are nuts. Why don’t we put people on who believe any of the insane conspiracy theories. Because they believe in insane conspiracy theories.

If we are going to give equal weight don’t we have to put forth people who swear that the Trump Family is trying establish a monarchy? A totalitarian regime ruled by themselves turning us into a less successful version of North Korea?

Do these people all deserve equal time?

Totalitarian???

Trump????

Under Democrat/Liberal LBJ, the law was passed that deprived pastors of their right of free speech.
What possible compelling government interest could this represent????

The 1954 federal Johnson Amendment prohibits a pastor from talking about candidates from the pulpit in light of Scripture. Thus, based on what a pastor says about an election from the pulpit, the tax code allows the government to tax a church. Consider that in light of the Internal Revenue Service's increasingly vague regulations, and you have a recipe for the censorship of religion. The IRS, through those vague regulations, reserves for itself tremendous discretion and power to decide which churches to punish for violations of the Johnson Amendment and which not to punish.”
Why don't churches pay taxes?

Any reading of the first amendment will prove this to be unconstitutional.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

"My Administration is also defending religious liberty, and that includes the Constitutional right to pray in public schools. In America, we do not punish prayer. We do not tear down crosses. We do not ban symbols of faith. We do not muzzle preachers and pastors. In America, we celebrate faith. We cherish religion. We lift our voices in prayer, and we raise our sights to the Glory of God!"
Trump, SOTU 2020

Get it, you dunce???????

Here ya' go:

I'll defend it gladly. You see if you have 2 sides in which one side is supported by demonstrable facts and the other side is going against those facts without offering even a semblance of facts only one side should be represented.

For instance large-scale election fraud. Or another instance would be the shape of the Earth. Or not presenting the claim that there's an elite that uses children's faces as a way to keep young. A news agency and I would argue most reasonable people have no problem recognizing that when those kinds of things are discussed only one conclusion is valid and a "counter-argument" should not be entertained without hard and I do mean HARD evidence.

Exactly as I predicted:

...... you will have slapped the label Nazi, Fascist, Bolshevik, on your party.......exactly as I have said each and every day.

Now.....on the issue of "You see if you have 2 sides in which one side is supported by demonstrable facts and the other side is going against those facts without offering even a semblance of facts only one side should be represented."

Watch me ram that back down your lying throat:

First collusion, collusion, collusion, Russia, Russia, Russia, Obstruction, Obstruction, Obstruction. Racist, Racist, Racist, Impeach, Impeach, Impeach, Recession, Recession, Recession, Emoluments, 25th amendment, Stormy Daniels, lies about Charlottesville fine Nazis, Kurds, Ukraine, Quid Pro Quo, ‘lynching,’ the Kavanaugh hoax, the GAO charges, Lev Parnas, impeachment, coronavirus ‘hoax,’ General Flynn perjury trap, no evidence of voter fraud in the stolen election.....

Don’t forget the Democrats told you that Trump was colluding with Russia…and that wasn’t true. They also told you that so was Naval Academy grad Carter Page and so was George Papadopoulos and so was General Michael Flynn, a three star general and former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency….and all of that was a lie.

Anyone on the Right demand censorship, you Fascist??????

...and, AOC lying about her near-death experience in the Capitol Riots.....when she wasn't even in the Capitol.

And that Biden voters as agents provocateur weren't behind the Capitol Riot.....and that Pelosi knew and refused to allow extra security. They lie about everything.......yet here you are, ready to swallow the next lie.

FakeStories: Three years of Russian Collusion stories; altering documents at the DoJ and FBI to railroad political opponents; the state media burying the Hunter Biden Scandal what with Joe getting 10% of the bribes; stories about Kavanaugh rape parties, and Covington Catholic School; Carter Page working for Russia when he was actually working for the CIA….where were those ‘fact checkers’?

Collusion is a term in common English, it is not a term that has any meaning in law. I have read the Mueller report, I have read although not completely I will admit the report released by the commission led by Ron Johnson, not exactly what I'd call a Democrat about what transpired in the Trump campaign. Both reports confirm that there was collusion between Russia and the campaign in the dictionary sense of the word.

What the Mueller report concluded is that that collusion would be hard to prove to have risen to what would be a criminal conspiracy. Something that does have legal meaning and parameters that are quite a lot more stringent than the word collusion.

I also notice that besides calling me names and trying to deflect you haven't tried to actually answer the heart of what I say. And your actual premise of the OP.

There are plenty of examples of cases where 2 sides of an argument are so unequal that both do not have to be presented as equal. That is not censorship, that is called being reasonable. If you want to post clips on youtube that the earth is flat, go right ahead. If you want Jake Tapper to give you a platform on national TV and seat you next to an actual astronomer in the interest of "fairness" you are out of your mind.

Who are the Republicans who demanded censorship, the silencing of opposing opinions, you lying low-life?????????

None.....only your sort.

A real Liberal wrote this book:

View attachment 487981

You mean like the House of Representatives Republicans who just voted Liz Cheney out of her leadership position for not advocating the discredited conspiracy theories?

"discredited conspiracy theories?"

Name them.

Dear BULLDOG
Normally I find the rightwing has more grounds to argue the leftwing politicizes agenda based on emotionally driven propaganda.

One area I agree that the rightwing take advantage of distrust to ignore basic science and medicine is with the masks that proportionally reduce risks of more severe reactions and hospitalizations by minimalizing the amount of viral load exposure.

All the plain science, and why medical staff use full hazmat gear and safety protocol gets thrown out the window just because fabric masks at maximum 20% filtration don't eliminate infection. But they reduce the degree of viral load exposure. That is not mentioned.
Nor the high cost and damage of long term covid even if the survival rate is high

This shows me the mutual biases are not based on reason, but some weird social or spiritual dynamic skewing public perception on both sides.

The liberal left has an equal blindspot when it comes to HCQ being used to reduce severe reactions and hospitalizations, again because it didn't prevent infections but reduced the more dangerous risks.

So both sides have equal rights and reasons to distrust the other as ignoring, skewing and censoring reports.

Unfortunately, the distrust of the left by the right has backfired and even caused them to reject science that is on their side.

Pandemonium.

All I can do is stick to what I have found to be valid on boty sides. And encourage people to stick to these points we can confirm across the spectrum.

Attacking people personally or by groups makes them more defensive and hostile to whatever you are trying to correct.

Now more than ever, we need to stick with medical solutions we can agree to support. And steer clear of left right partisan blame that distracts at dangerous levels we cannot afford.

We are used to bullying for political leverage and sport.

We don't really have that luxury to screw around bullying back and forth in the media anymore.

You impress me as a sincere constructive critic and thinker.

I hope more people like you and me can focus on positive connections and corrections, and get away from the old patterns of bullying back and forth for dominance.

If we can connect on even one or two points we can agree on, those can become more important than the 99 other areas we disagree.

With elections and contested voting rules and reports, I find all parties agree to support their own rules and govt agenda. And all parties protest paying or wasting taxes to fund other party policies they oppose. If we can agree that our differences deserve separate funding by taxpayer choice, that realization can save us from.dividing and destroying our nation over beliefs and biased preferences we admit we do not agree to change by being forced by other people or groups through govt.

We don't have to agree with opponents' beliefs, logic or weird motivations for their biases to protect ourselves and each from imposing such beliefs through govt.

I truly hope and pray more of us can make the commitment to stop haranguing and harassing each other over our different biases and beliefs, let each fund and follow their own, and give everyone equal respect and choice in deciding which policies to fund with our taxes.

We do not have to agree to have a United States. That is the beauty of America and the diversity we have as a country. Take care and best wishes with your political outreach and advocacy. May we all help each other to be more effective in influencing constructive reform and positive change for the better thanks to what we have shared and gained here on USMB. More power to you!

Re:
It's well known that determining what is a fact, and what is not a fact, is not a priority for the right.
Yours is a long and interesting post, and I can see you put some thought into your remarks. I won't address all of it even though I agree with parts of it.
Trump's incompetence and arrogance is the only reason why the country is so divided on our response to covid. Trump was incensed that Fauci wouldn't go along with his fantasy of the virus magically disappearing, and he chose to spread conspiracy theories instead. The right accepted his crap as reality. What kind of idiot would go for medical advice from a crack head that makes pillows instead of trained experts in the field? Ending the pandemic is a problem for science, not politics. and the right wingers are too stupid to realize that. That fact is not skewed on both sides. If the medical community advocated the use of HCQ (what ever that is) the left would gladly embrace it.
Implications that both sides of the isle are the same are absurd.
The problems are much worse than just Trump.
Blaming it all on him are just for convenience.
The problems were there before and continue afterwards.

Obama brought out both more problems and solutions,
and a lot of what Trump brought out was in response to that.
And same with what is still brought up now, much bigger than just Trump alone.

We aren't going to solve these problems by just framing them
in terms of pro and anti Trump.

And yes, the doctors who used HCQ in conjunction with other applications
for the other complications with Covid, are the ones who got the FDA
and CDC to quit rejecting HCQ.

Because other treatments and medial supervision is still needed,
the official position changed was to discretion by doctors.

Even the FDA and CDC were not in a medical competent position
to specify how HCQ needed to be used.

Everyone wants a GENERIC solutions like a magic pill we can all
guarantee works the same way for all people.

But unfortunately this virus affects different people in different ways.

We may never get one solution that works for all cases.

So as long as we keep trying to fight for ONE solution that is better than all the rest,
or ONE scapegoat like Trump to blame everything on, we aren't going to solve
the real problems but keep fighting over which ones work for which cases, etc.

If all we can agree on is that the virus and the resulting economic and human loss
came from the spread in China, then we could unite in investing in helping
both the Chinese and all populations worldwide to build local medical support
proportional to each district.

We could agree the Chinese govt is responsible for resolving human rights abuses,
and apply credits and damages owed for that into building solutions for the workers who have suffered.

In return, the Chinese equally argue the US govt needs to resolve our own civil rights abuses.
So we can do the same and invest resources in democratizing our health care and medical education
to meet the demands of populations per district, state and party precinct.

We do NOT need to agree on the causes of or cures for medical, political or economic problems.

We just need to agree we cannot afford to fight over differences,
and just reward people and groups for investing in their own solutions.
Even if we don't agree. Just organize in likeminded groups,
pool resources together per group, and fund and follow your own solutions
that you do agree on.

And that is enough to solve the world's problems,
from local to global.

We are already organized by party and religion.
Just use those existing structures to organize resources
and invest in building programs and training people to manage for themselves.

www.earnedamnesty.org

Forum List

Back