I couldn't believe I heard this on the police scanner today.

Doesn't matter if he diddles kids. If he isn't black, but has a gun, and hasn't been found guilty of murdering anyone important, yet, he's a "good guy with a gun"
If he's black, he's a thug.
It is what your president does. So it is no big deal.

We don't "allow" felons to carry firearms, liar.

Never said he was a felon. Others on here automatically equated people on the sex offender registry as felons, when in fact, some of them are misdemeanor offenders. And, it was YOUR OP, where you clearly stated that he's got a VALID LICENSE to carry. Take it up with your local law enforcement if you have a problem with it.

Convicted of a sex offense after he received a carry permit?

If he was convicted of a FELONY sex offense after they issued his permit, it would have been pulled. And, the OP clearly stated that the police said he had a VALID license. If his license had been pulled after committing the crime, they wouldn't have said it was valid.

Ever been to San Antonio, Houston, or Austin if not then learn about the fact Texas is blue at the city levels.

Texas is the conservative Bible belt. Are you making excuses now blaming it on Austin and San Antonio? They have a very high maternal death rate and cruel abortion laws... Even sex offenders have to have their guns. Enough with the bullshit.

Ever been to San Antonio, Houston, or Austin if not then learn about the fact Texas is blue at the city levels.

Austin TX is definitely blue. "Keep Austin Weird" is their city slogan!

If you happen to be traveling around that area, I recommend stopping there. Not only do they have a great food scene (even the food trucks are excellent), but they also have quite the live music venue going on there as well.

And...............if you are lucky enough to have a motorcycle and are there around the time of the ROT Rally, I recommend it. The naked ride is FUN! (Participated in it one year, was allowed to ride in nothing but my boots and hat.)

Texas is the conservative Bible belt. Are you making excuses now blaming it on Austin and San Antonio? They have a very high maternal death rate and cruel abortion laws... Even sex offenders have to have their guns. Enough with the bullshit.
You must be the dumbest person in the damn World!

Tell me which political party controls Houston, San Antonio, and Austin Mayor’s offices?

You have no clue about the State of Texas, and willing to bet you believe it is all White Majority, right?

Austin TX is definitely blue. "Keep Austin Weird" is their city slogan!

If you happen to be traveling around that area, I recommend stopping there. Not only do they have a great food scene (even the food trucks are excellent), but they also have quite the live music venue going on there as well.

And...............if you are lucky enough to have a motorcycle and are there around the time of the ROT Rally, I recommend it. The naked ride is FUN! (Participated in it one year, was allowed to ride in nothing but my boots and hat.)
I know Austin and work South Austin to Downtown during major events and clear three to four hundred a night, so I know the place well.

Houston, Austin and San Antonio are blue.

Now the howler starts lying. A sure sign said howler monkey lost.
10 years no gun pertains to anyone in CA convicted of a misdemeanor and lifetime ban if a felony (federal also), especially a sex crime, criminal threat, or domestic violence. So why is Texas so leniant on sex offenders? The next time you spew bullshit about CA law you better know what the fuck you're saying.

They pulled someone over for a traffic violation. They run the license plate and driver license number over the radio. The dispatcher comes back with make and model, who the guy is, address etc., Plus if they have a chl they tell the officer that too.

So, I have it turned on and they got one pulled over. Info comes back, that's a 2008 Chevy pickup registered to John doe st 4567 main st. He has a valid license to carry and is a registered sex offender.

WTF? Isn't a sex crime a felony?
I think state laws vary but in most, a person can be put on the sex offender registry for relatively minor crimes. We have a friend who was charged and convicted of statutory rape. However the girl was almost 18 at the time, they were in love, and he married her. (They're still married and have four kids thirty years later.) He was given a short probation and was required to be on the registry but I'm pretty sure he could have qualified for a concealed carry.

Aggravated misdemeanor or worse cases classified as felonies would disqualify a person from concealed carry or having a gun in their possession period.

Last edited:
I know Austin and work South Austin to Downtown during major events and clear three to four hundred a night, so I know the place well.

6th St. in Austin is a great place to hang out. Good food, good music, and some interesting street performers on occasion. I remember seeing one dude when I was there who did paintings with spray paint cans while people watched, and he did some of the most awesome paintings (space scenes, nature scenes) that I've ever seen. And, it only took him around 10 min. per painting. Was cool as hell to watch him start with a blank canvas, and watch as he worked to bring the picture to life.

In most cases convicted felons in Texas can have guns after five years. Look it up. Most of Texas is fundamentalist and conservative.

10 years no gun pertains to anyone in CA convicted of a misdemeanor and lifetime ban if a felony (federal also), especially a sex crime, criminal threat, or domestic violence. So why is Texas so leniant on sex offenders? The next time you spew bullshit about CA law you better know what the fuck you're saying.
Texas isn't lenient on sex offenders howler. Lol, howler monkey is mad!

I think state laws vary but in most, a person can be put on the sex offender registry for relatively minor crimes. We have a friend who was charged and convicted of statutory rape. However the girl was almost 18 at the time, they were in love, and he married her. (They're still married and have four kids thirty years later.) He was given a short probation and was required to be on the registry but I'm pretty sure he could have qualified for a concealed carry.

Aggravated misdemeanor or worse cases of course are classified as felonies and would disqualify a person from concealed carry or having a gun in their possession period.

Prostitution can also land you on the sex offender registry in some states.

Forum List

Back