I couldn't believe I heard this on the police scanner today.

Duh, most cruisers have laptop's for receiving index related info without tying up the air.
They do it on the radio here. I heard a friend's wife get pulled over once and my grandson too.

The democrats want all felons and gang members to have guns, not just sex offenders....

California Democrats hate the gun, not the gunman – Orange County Register

Now that Democrats have supermajorities in the California state Legislature, they’ve rolled into Sacramento with a zest for lowering the state’s prison population and have interpreted St. Augustine’s words of wisdom to mean, “Hate the gun, not the gunman.”

I say this because, once they finally took a break from preaching about the benefits of stricter gun control, the state Senate voted to loosen sentencing guidelines for criminals convicted of gun crimes.

Currently, California law requires anyone who uses a gun while committing a felony to have their sentence increased by 10 years or more in prison — on top of the normal criminal penalty. If enacted, Senate Bill 620 would eliminate that mandate.

The bill, which passed on a 22-14 party-line vote, with support only from Democrats, now heads to the state Assembly for consideration.

Republicans and the National Rifle Association have vowed to campaign against it.

Why have Democrats suddenly developed a soft spot for criminals convicted of gun crimes? The bill’s author, state Sen. Steve Bradford, D-Gardena, says that he was motivated to write the bill after a 17-year-old riding in a car involved in a drive-by shooting was sentenced to 25 years in prison, even though he claims that he wasn’t the one who pulled the trigger.

and for all those anti-gunners who want to know where criminals get guns....well...this law lowers the prison time for those who give guns to criminals.....

Why is that?

Prop. 57, for example, very deceptively and fundamentally changed the definition of what constitutes a “non-violent” offense.

supplying a firearm to a gang member,

l
felon obtaining a firearm,

discharging a firearm on school grounds

Check yourself. Your lies are getting sicker.

Thin on details? Lmao! That's all they said over the radio! How could I know more you pos?

You were asking how it was possible for a sex offender to have a license for a firearm. Simple research on the 'net instead of bitching (howling) about it here on USMB would have told you that it is possible for a sex offender to be on the list for a misdemeanor, and you can have a license even if you have misdemeanors, but not if you have felonies. And, not everyone on the sex offender list is there for felonies (but most are).

You were asking how it was possible for a sex offender to have a license for a firearm. Simple research on the 'net instead of bitching (howling) about it here on USMB would have told you that it is possible for a sex offender to be on the list for a misdemeanor, and you can have a license even if you have misdemeanors, but not if you have felonies. And, not everyone on the sex offender list is there for felonies (but most are).
I'm not bitching about it you lying bastard. I was surprised hearing it was all. Now plow yourself.

Last edited:
They pulled someone over for a traffic violation. They run the license plate and driver license number over the radio. The dispatcher comes back with make and model, who the guy is, address etc., Plus if they have a chl they tell the officer that too.

So, I have it turned on and they got one pulled over. Info comes back, that's a 2008 Chevy pickup registered to John doe st 4567 main st. He has a valid license to carry and is a registered sex offender.

WTF? Isn't a sex crime a felony?

I'm not bitching about it you lying bastard. I was surprised hearing it was all. Now plow yourself.

I quoted your OP so that people could decide for themselves if you were bitching about it or not.

To me, it sounded like you were bitching about it and insinuating that all people on the sex offender list were felons. Especially because of the "WTF? Isn't a sex crime a felony"? That's why I said you were bitching.

Interesting that a troll such as yourself can get so spooled up by someone responding reasonably to your posts and trying to answer your questions.

I quoted your OP so that people could decide for themselves if you were bitching about it or not.

To me, it sounded like you were bitching about it and insinuating that all people on the sex offender list were felons. Especially because of the "WTF? Isn't a sex crime a felony"? That's why I said you were bitching.

Interesting that a troll such as yourself can get so spooled up by someone responding reasonably to your posts and trying to answer your questions.
You don't have ability you lying bastard.

According to the OP, which is odd, since Texas doesn't require them
What's odd about it? I renewed mine but didn't have too. It makes it easier to buy a gun and it makes the cops realize you aren't a pos since you had to undergo and FBI background check. lmao, you leftists are nuts.

What's odd about it? I renewed mine but didn't have too. It makes it easier to buy a gun and it makes the cops realize you aren't a pos since you had to undergo and FBI background check.
So you have the option of getting a permit even though you aren't legally required to have one?

So you have the option of getting a permit even though you aren't legally required to have one?
Yes sir, that's correct. I thought about and just went ahead and did it. 35 dollars and that's it. If you live in Texas, get one. If you buy guns it makes it a breeze.

They pulled someone over for a traffic violation. They run the license plate and driver license number over the radio. The dispatcher comes back with make and model, who the guy is, address etc., Plus if they have a chl they tell the officer that too.

So, I have it turned on and they got one pulled over. Info comes back, that's a 2008 Chevy pickup registered to John doe st 4567 main st. He has a valid license to carry and is a registered sex offender.

WTF? Isn't a sex crime a felony?

Do you KNOW who the "president" is right now?????
The whole fucking family are sex offenders. NOTHING has happened to any of them.

Yes. I almost didn't get it, but I felt it wouldn't hurt if the police stop and you have a gun on you even if it's legal.

Also....rhere are states that do require a permit that will honor Texas carry permits......so you can carry your legal gun in their state as well

Forum List

Back