I couldn't believe I heard this on the police scanner today.

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
They pulled someone over for a traffic violation. They run the license plate and driver license number over the radio. The dispatcher comes back with make and model, who the guy is, address etc., Plus if they have a chl they tell the officer that too.

So, I have it turned on and they got one pulled over. Info comes back, that's a 2008 Chevy pickup registered to John doe st 4567 main st. He has a valid license to carry and is a registered sex offender.

WTF? Isn't a sex crime a felony?

They pulled someone over for a traffic violation. They run the license plate and driver license number over the radio. The dispatcher comes back with make and model, who the guy is, address etc., Plus if they have a chl they tell the officer that too.

So, I have it turned on and they got one pulled over. Info comes back, that's a 2008 Chevy pickup registered to John doe st 4567 main st. He has a valid license to carry and is a registered sex offender.

In TX some sex crimes are various degrees of misdemeanors....X amount of misdemeanor convictions gets you the sex offender status but not a felony. Lewdness and public exposure seem to be the main ones.

Doesn't matter if he diddles kids. If he isn't black, but has a gun, and hasn't been found guilty of murdering anyone important, yet, he's a "good guy with a gun"
If he's black, he's a thug.

• Banned
In TX some sex crimes are various degrees of misdemeanors....X amount of misdemeanor convictions gets you the sex offender status but not a felony. Lewdness and public exposure seem to be the main ones.
Well they would need a gun then I guess.

He was identified as a registered sex offender which means he was convicted. What's your point?

• Banned
Doesn't matter if he diddles kids. If he isn't black, but has a gun, and hasn't been found guilty of murdering anyone important, yet, he's a "good guy with a gun"
If he's black, he's a thug.
I knew that. That's why I night stick them. Called the popo on one yesterday.

Texas has permitless carry.

They pulled someone over for a traffic violation. They run the license plate and driver license number over the radio. The dispatcher comes back with make and model, who the guy is, address etc., Plus if they have a chl they tell the officer that too. So, I have it turned on and they got one pulled over. Info comes back, that's a 2008 Chevy pickup registered to John doe st 4567 main st. He has a valid license to carry and is a registered sex offender. WTF? Isn't a sex crime a felony?

Maybe he already paid his time, but, I'm a bit more concerned that your CCW status is part of the SCMODS. That means that either you don't carry, or they already have a database on you.

You mean because he has a license to carry a firearm? I don't know the state law, do you?
I get it. You want sex offenders to be armed so they can rape adults and young children easier. Why didn't you just say so?

Last edited:

First off, blabbing privacy info over the radio without encryption. Rarely do I hear it here in CA.

A felony sex offender in Texas can have his 2nd amendment rights reinstated 5 years after fullfilling their sentence.

It really depends on the local state as to what they consider a "registerable sex offender". Some states cast a wider net than others, and perhaps this fellow was just collared for a misdemeanor like soliciting hoes or streaking in college, but local rules require registration for their sexually based offense.

Not every state reserves this for serious felonies.

First off, blabbing privacy info over the radio without encryption. Rarely do I hear it here in CA.

A felony sex offender in Texas can have his 2nd amendment rights reinstated 5 years after fullfilling their sentence.
Blabbing? No, investigating. California protects child molesters.

Blabbing? No, investigating. California protects child molesters.
Your're lost. TFB you can't face the truth. Backwater PD are behind the times. Sometimes it's best for them to go silent for both the PD's protection and the supposed perp's privacy.

Forum List

Back