I couldn't believe I heard this on the police scanner today.

Yeah, try again and let be clear I asked for a link and you didn’t provide one because you knew you comment was bogus.

Texas major trade partner for agriculture is Mexico and when that was pointed out you now moves the goal posts again.
Go fetch

It's the most populous State and with a huge GDP nearing 4th in the world. Now go blow.
Fake news. Just because more people exist in misery there does not mean jack. California is a sewer.

Sorry, but Texas? LOL!
Texas is a lot better that fagafornia in many ways. For one, trash like you don't live here, and we have a l ot more freedoms than people suffering in cali do. So far anyway. We keep electing more filthy scum like you and that won't last.

Thanks for the links. Good to see that the drought is abating somewhat, but it sucks that so much rain is coming down in so short a time.

Good to see that the snowpack is at high levels though. Will help in the summer to get good snowmelt.

Texas is a lot better that fagafornia in many ways. For one, trash like you don't live here, and we have a l ot more freedoms than people suffering in cali do. So far anyway. We keep electing more filthy scum like you and that won't last.

Well, according to your OP, Texas lets people on the sex offender registry (who have misdemeanors apparently) still carry guns with valid licenses. Dunno if that's good or bad, depends on your view I guess.

Well, according to your OP, Texas lets people on the sex offender registry (who have misdemeanors apparently) still carry guns with valid licenses. Dunno if that's good or bad, depends on your view I guess.
Could have been a felon but because they didn't commit a crime in a certain period of time mean they could obtain a permit.

It depends on what the laws are, howler. I didn't think it was a good idea either howler. But since you don't know ANY details of this incident, you have to spew horse shit like always.

Arguing over California law is stupid. No matter what the law says, once the case gets to the district attorney a minority defendant will see the entire case thrown out. Or, get the most lenient sentence possible.

Doesn't matter if he diddles kids. If he isn't black, but has a gun, and hasn't been found guilty of murdering anyone important, yet, he's a "good guy with a gun"
If he's black, he's a thug.

Yeah....bullshit as usual....

What state did this happen?

The democrats want all felons and gang members to have guns, not just sex offenders....

California Democrats hate the gun, not the gunman – Orange County Register

Now that Democrats have supermajorities in the California state Legislature, they’ve rolled into Sacramento with a zest for lowering the state’s prison population and have interpreted St. Augustine’s words of wisdom to mean, “Hate the gun, not the gunman.”

I say this because, once they finally took a break from preaching about the benefits of stricter gun control, the state Senate voted to loosen sentencing guidelines for criminals convicted of gun crimes.

Currently, California law requires anyone who uses a gun while committing a felony to have their sentence increased by 10 years or more in prison — on top of the normal criminal penalty. If enacted, Senate Bill 620 would eliminate that mandate.

The bill, which passed on a 22-14 party-line vote, with support only from Democrats, now heads to the state Assembly for consideration.

Republicans and the National Rifle Association have vowed to campaign against it.

Why have Democrats suddenly developed a soft spot for criminals convicted of gun crimes? The bill’s author, state Sen. Steve Bradford, D-Gardena, says that he was motivated to write the bill after a 17-year-old riding in a car involved in a drive-by shooting was sentenced to 25 years in prison, even though he claims that he wasn’t the one who pulled the trigger.

and for all those anti-gunners who want to know where criminals get guns....well...this law lowers the prison time for those who give guns to criminals.....

Why is that?

Prop. 57, for example, very deceptively and fundamentally changed the definition of what constitutes a “non-violent” offense.

supplying a firearm to a gang member,

l
felon obtaining a firearm,

discharging a firearm on school grounds

In most cases convicted felons in Texas can have guns after five years. Look it up. Most of Texas is fundamentalist and conservative.

And yet Chicago has more gun murders than Houston.......and in Chicago, gang members can have a shoot out on a public street, caught on video....with deaths....and Kim Foxx, the democrat party prosecutor won't prosecute them........

It depends on what the laws are, howler. I didn't think it was a good idea either howler. But since you don't know ANY details of this incident, you have to spew horse shit like always.

Well, to be fair, your OP was kinda thin on details, and so I had to go with what I could research on the 'net. You're the one who started screaming (howling) about a sex offender having a permit, and were wondering how it was possible, so, others on here did your research for you. From what you described hearing coming across the scanner in your OP, he was stopped, they checked his record, and it came back that he was a sex offender who had a VALID license for firearms, and you were wondering how it was possible. Posters on here have offered you several possible scenarios.

They pulled someone over for a traffic violation. They run the license plate and driver license number over the radio. The dispatcher comes back with make and model, who the guy is, address etc., Plus if they have a chl they tell the officer that too.

So, I have it turned on and they got one pulled over. Info comes back, that's a 2008 Chevy pickup registered to John doe st 4567 main st. He has a valid license to carry and is a registered sex offender.

WTF? Isn't a sex crime a felony?
Why are you listening to police dispatch? If true, that's weird.

Why are you listening to police dispatch? If true, that's weird.
What's weird about it? It lets me have some kind of idea what's going on around town. Just yesterday 3 police cars were dispatched to my street and I heard about over the radio. Seems like somebody going door to door soliciting tried to get a little too cozy with the lady across the street. He got apprehended.

What's weird about it? It lets me have some kind of idea what's going on around town. Just yesterday 3 police cars were dispatched to my street and I heard about over the radio. Seems like somebody going door to door soliciting tried to get a little too cozy with the lady across the street. He got apprehended.
Because you...have no life?

Well, to be fair, your OP was kinda thin on details, and so I had to go with what I could research on the 'net. You're the one who started screaming (howling) about a sex offender having a permit, and were wondering how it was possible, so, others on here did your research for you. From what you described hearing coming across the scanner in your OP, he was stopped, they checked his record, and it came back that he was a sex offender who had a VALID license for firearms, and you were wondering how it was possible. Posters on here have offered you several possible scenarios.
Thin on details? Lmao! That's all they said over the radio! How could I know more you pos?

Yet dispatch came back acknowledging he had a carry permit.
They always tell the officer that because there is no requirement to inform the police you have a licence and are carrying anymore. When I got mine in the 90s there was.

Forum List

Back