"I am the way, the truth, and the life."

What does this mean to you?

I have my own ideas.
Jesus words John 14 v6. " I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the father but through me." Not a hard question.

Exactly.

I don't think Jesus meant that people should worship him. I think he meant we should follow in his footsteps and cultivate wisdom and love.

Course, I would say that because I'm more interested in mystical meanings, than literal bible truth.

I also think Jesus meant to teach people that God is our very breath. Is our awareness itself. The part of ourselves that know ourselves to be. I think God is universal being and Jesus was individual being. He came to show through his example how we could be both.

Last edited:
I have my own way of relating to this verse. It seems like a "pointing out instruction" or meditation teaching.

In a parallel sense, how the Buddhist see's Buddha.

The way the peoples temple followers say jim jones
Same way charles mansons "family" saw him, too.

cult speak is cult speak....no matter what you wrap it in.

There are methods to defining Cults. Jim Jones was way out there, that one is Easy.

There are paths that lead to Liberation, awakening, and paths that lead to bondage and servitude.

There is teaching Virtue, and there is teaching Vice.

One thing one might want to ask is who is in control, who's permission is needed, if any, before action.

What kind of boundaries are taught, are you allowed to question?

To me personally, True Religion, by any Name, is going to make one a Better Person, through Recognition and Healing. Locke, was big on Conscience, that translates in any Society or Culture. Whatever gets you to that point is Training Wheels. Tool's, none more important than their purpose, Getting Each of Us to See the Path before Us through Our Own Eyes.

In a parallel sense, how the Buddhist see's Buddha.

The way the peoples temple followers say jim jones
Same way charles mansons "family" saw him, too.

cult speak is cult speak....no matter what you wrap it in.

There are methods to defining Cults. Jim Jones was way out there, that one is Easy.

There are paths that lead to Liberation, awakening, and paths that lead to bondage and servitude.

There is teaching Virtue, and there is teaching Vice.

One thing one might want to ask is who is in control, who's permission is needed, if any, before action.

What kind of boundaries are taught, are you allowed to question?

To me personally, True Religion, by any Name, is going to make one a Better Person, through Recognition and Healing. Locke, was big on Conscience, that translates in any Society or Culture. Whatever gets you to that point is Training Wheels. Tool's, none more important than their purpose, Getting Each of Us to See the Path before Us through Our Own Eyes.

All religions..... fall into the definition of cult.

Saying that always burns my mother. I ask her.... "what do you think the christinas were to the romans?" .... nothing more then a cult. She hates that.

I am commenting on the good or bad. I am commenting on the ideas in question. They are a common thing for twisting minds to follow..... good or bad, right or wrong, path or no path.

It is a sentence taken out of context that conveniently ignores the most important following statement that was said by Jesus. He was the last sacrifice. The final priest that tells us to call no man Father. :eusa_pray:

It is a sentence taken out of context that conveniently ignores the most important following statement that was said by Jesus. He was the last sacrifice. The final priest that tells us to call no man Father. :eusa_pray:

He was a ....priest?

Wouldn't he have been a rabbi? He was jewish after all ya know.

Sorry bout that,

1. A Priest is like a father, he shepards the sheep=teaches, he marries them, and buries them, he visits them in hospitals, he baptizes them, he does what a father would do, like Christ *The Father* of all Christians would do.
2. So to call a Priest father, is only a term of endearment, and a word of love for all the things *The Priests* do.
3. Its not an easy position in life to be a Priest.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

The term"priest" is a catholic thing ;)

sorry bout that.

1. YUUUUUP!
2. Thats what I said, do you actually have a question deary?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. not all chirstians are catholic...so the term priest only applies to them.
2. jesus was not a priest as he was jewish...if anything he was a rabbi. Do try an keep up.
sorry bout that
:)

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

The term"priest" is a catholic thing ;)

sorry bout that.

1. YUUUUUP!
2. Thats what I said, do you actually have a question deary?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. not all chirstians are catholic...so the term priest only applies to them.
2. jesus was not a priest as he was jewish...if anything he was a rabbi. Do try an keep up.
sorry bout that
:)

1. I see you are a smart cookie, and have everything already figured out!
2. Carry on.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yet in the context of the saying "the Truth" means more than what he is saying is true. Just as the "Word" means more than what is written down or said.

Forum List

Back