"I am the way, the truth, and the life."

It means

watch

It is a sentence taken out of context that conveniently ignores the most important following statement that was said by Jesus. He was the last sacrifice. The final priest that tells us to call no man Father. :eusa_pray:

He was a ....priest?

Wouldn't he have been a rabbi? He was jewish after all ya know.

Same thing dumb ass. A priest leads a congregation in the Catholic religion, a Rabbi leads a Jewish Congregation in the Jewish religion.

Yet in the context of the saying "the Truth" means more than what he is saying is true. Just as the "Word" means more than what is written down or said.

IMO, this statement Jesus made is a pointing out instruction. It is NOT a commandment to worship Jesus.

It is telling us that God is within us now.

I don't think Jesus intended for people to worship him and create a religion out of his teachings.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

It is a sentence taken out of context that conveniently ignores the most important following statement that was said by Jesus. He was the last sacrifice. The final priest that tells us to call no man Father. :eusa_pray:

He was a ....priest?

Same thing dumb ass. A priest leads a congregation in the Catholic religion, a Rabbi leads a Jewish Congregation in the Jewish religion.

1. Father and Rabbi mean the same thing eh?:eusa_hand:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Can anybody tell me which comic spoke about how indigent people had to kill missionaries really-really fast!! Because if they got a chance to speak, you were going to hell.

Anybody?

Tell me , Skydancer, what do YOU think it means?

I've already said what I think it means. I think Jesus came to show he was God and man, and that we are one and the same.

I don't think he came to be worshipped as a god or to start a religion. I think he came to wake people up to what we truly are in our essence.

I don't believe in original sin, so I don't think he came as a savior or redeemer in the way that Christianity teaches.

I've already said what I think it means. I think Jesus came to show he was God and man, and that we are one and the same.

I don't think he came to be worshipped as a god or to start a religion. I think he came to wake people up to what we truly are in our essence.

I don't believe in original sin, so I don't think he came as a savior or redeemer in the way that Christianity teaches.

Okay. Now you just need to understand that what you do or don't believe means nothing.

He was a ....priest?

Do follow the thread. jesus was called a priest.

Considering he was jewish..... priest does not fit.

dumb ass.

Yet in the context of the saying "the Truth" means more than what he is saying is true. Just as the "Word" means more than what is written down or said.

IMO, this statement Jesus made is a pointing out instruction. It is NOT a commandment to worship Jesus.

I don't think Jesus intended for people to worship him and create a religion out of his teachings.

GOD commands, Jesus gives us a choice. He also made it possible for us Gentiles to have salvation. It is confusing, but in the end it all comes down to faith, faith in the Lord and his teachings, the Truth.

He was a ....priest?

Do follow the thread. jesus was called a priest.

Considering he was jewish..... priest does not fit.

dumb ass.

Check out the book of Hebrews, as one example, for the number of times priests and High priests are mentioned.
:cool:

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus

GOD commands, Jesus gives us a choice. He also made it possible for us Gentiles to have salvation. It is confusing, but in the end it all comes down to faith, faith in the Lord and his teachings, the Truth.

I don't agree with you about a commanding god. Jesus message is beautiful, but the religion is not. I don't think Jesus wanted to be worshiped or made into a religion at all.

Okay. Now you just need to understand that what you do or don't believe means nothing.

What I do or don't believe means nothing to you but a lot to me.

Forum List

Back