CDZ I am For Picture ID For Voting

We just got our absentees ballots in the mail today, and we have to vote Aug 4th. Its getting closer by the day.

I of course am more interested in my state congress and the federal congress as they have my views, and I hope we take the Senate back.:) I prefer the democratic lobbyists.

“Really, what is the problem?”

The problem is that there are registered voters – citizens who have been voting consistently for decades – who lack the documentation required to obtain a photo ID.
There is that. I'm sure that most can be grandfathered in and a 70 y/o man won't have to get his birth certificate or what have you if he has no drivers licenses.

The problem is that when one registers to vote for the first time in a new jurisdiction, he’s required to provide a photo ID. As long as a citizen remains active and current on the registration rolls, there’s no need for the voter to continue to provide a photo ID.
Again, I'm sure that most can be grandfathered in. And I'm sure most already have a photo ID for other uses such as a drivers license.

The problem is that voter ‘fraud’ by false identification is virtually non-existent to the extent that the requirements to obtain and provide a photo ID are not justified – particularly when it prohibits a lawfully registered voter from voting.
Fraud? There is intentional fraud to vote several times and then there are simple mistakes that are made. People being allowed to vote for measures that don't affect them for example. Updating he voter rolls would help eliminate that.

The problem is that voter ID laws are enacted in bad faith – seeking to suppress votes rather than prevent non-existent ‘fraud.’
That is an opinion. If you can't muster the wherewithal to vote every 2 years or whatever...its because you aren't willing. There is no undue burden being placed on individuals.

The problem is that it’s a manifestation of government excess and overreach – the enactment of unwarranted laws that do nothing but increase the size and authority of the state at the expense of the right to vote. In order for government to lawfully place limits and restrictions on citizens’ rights, it must do so based on objective, documented evidence in support of those limits and restrictions; voter ID laws are devoid of justifying evidence.
Of all of the "over reach" in our governments, election security is a shocking under reach.

And the problem is that voter ID laws are predicated on a presumption of guilt; if elections officials suspect a voter is attempting to engage in fraud, that needs to be addressed on a case-by-case basis, not compel the voting public as a whole to ‘prove’ they’re not attempting to commit ‘fraud.’
No. That is nonsense.

Voting is a fundamental right – immune from attack by government motivated by capricious partisanism and baseless fears of ‘fraud.’

All persons voting would be required to provide the same ID. There is no partisanship on this issue. If a Party is reliant upon non-motivated persons...that is their problem.
Why bother voting? It clearly makes no difference.
Incorrect.
Correct. Clearly so.

Hey Candy and Care, watch this short six minute video above posted by misterBeale, and please tell me what they got it wrong.

I do not disagree with the video! It's exactly how it works.... since Eve ate the Apple, in all likelihood.

What I objected to in mister' s post was on illegals in California voting...

And what I differ with you on, is the idea that all the elite conspire together, to get what each individual elitist wants.... I dont think they conspire together.... for the most part, I think they are individually working the system for themselves, individually......

And all the govt worker peons, are included in your so called deep state.... I don't agree on that either.

Calling the elitists globalists, makes more sense, and defines it better imo.

You don’t have my beliefs correct.

Even when the elites TELL them that is what they are doing? They still refuse to believe.

They out and out tell them they are being programmed, yet? They still refuse to believe they are being propagandized. . . it is so frustrating. :102:

RULING CLASS JOURNALISTS

Screenshot_2020-06-27 Ruling Class Journalists - Ruling Class Journalists pdf.png

cfr-media-network-hdv-spr.png

013cac43796aa62166e0f5d4448ea3e8.jpg

I just renewed my husband DL online. All I needed was his DL. Next time he has to go in to have his eyes checked and to renew his picture, every 8th year you have to go back in , in MI.

I also got a duplicate DL, we have to show our voters ID and also the DL ID or state ID when we go to the polls.

Now we have NO EXCUSE absentee ballots and for that you have to have (which people voted on):
To use this website, you need to be registered to vote in Michigan and have a valid Michigan driver’s license or state ID. If you need to register to vote, click on "Registering To Vote." If you don’t have a Michigan driver’s license or state ID but you are registered to vote, click on "Absentee Voting" for more information on how you can apply for an absent voter ballot.

and you have to register to vote:
Some clerk’s offices have opened satellite offices for voter registration. You must show proof of where you live. Documents must have your name and current address. You can show a digital copy of any document. Acceptable documents include:

Michigan driver’s license or State ID card
Current utility bill
Bank statement
Paycheck or government check
Other government document

After registering, you can vote an absent voter ballot at the clerk’s office or you can vote at your polling place on Election Day.

Military and overseas civilian voters have additional options to register. For more information, visit this page.
__________________________________-
I pretty much think all states are like this.
And, pray tell, how the hell do you get utilities, a bank account, a job or a government check (or ANY government benefits), or prove your identity to the government for anything else, without an ID???

The simple answer is, YOU CAN'T!!!

13 states allow illegals to travel to work and school with a drivers license and none of them states allow then to vote (from what I read) and most of them are workers.
Actually, that's why I think that the idea of requiring a FEDERAL ID (ISSUED ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS THAT CAN PROVE CITIZENSHIP, OR THAT HAS A FEATURE TO VERIFY CITIZENSHIP) has merit....

NO ID VERIFYING CITIZENSHIP, NO VOTE!!!!

A voters registration card that everyone gets when they registers verifies citizenship.
No it doesn't.

I some states, you can register for local elections, but that doesn't qualify you for national elections. Nor does it convey citizenship.

If you are an illegal alien, it is against the law to vote in national elections. But you can, in some instances, register to vote in local elections.

Are you really this dumb?

You can post these examples right?

I said that registering to vote will verify citizenship. If people register to vote in this small instance it will verify their status will it not?
What of it?

If they register to vote. . . the states probably will let them vote. . . illegally in national elections as well. This is the conservative biggest fear you dolt. Why do you think California had so many folks voting for Hillary?

. . . and when Trump asked to see if they did, or did not? You know what they told him?

pound-sand_o_4667397.jpg
Hogwash, misterbeale!
Not hogwash, truth.

1 it was a crooked panel, and states had issues with privacy rights for their citizens....Google it.

2 & 3. Did they win their suit? Was there intentional voter fraud?

We just got our absentees ballots in the mail today, and we have to vote Aug 4th. Its getting closer by the day.

I of course am more interested in my state congress and the federal congress as they have my views, and I hope we take the Senate back.:) I prefer the democratic lobbyists.
No need to worry, it’s all a circus and the fat lady has sung.

What's the problem? This is nothing more than a way to divide people. If states wanted to enact this they could have long ago. Everyone that votes has to register to vote. You give them a photo I.D. when they register. When you go to renew your D.L. you give people a voters I.D. Before long the vast majority of people would have one.

Why is it not done? Then it wouldn't be a wedge issue. Nothing is actually ever done about many wedge issues. Abortion, guns, immigration and this.

The question is asked "why don't we". The only reason we don't is because we don't.

The logic is faulty. Its not a wedge issue or at least it shouldn't be.

So which is it?
Which is what?

You said it was a "wedge" issue. It isn't. Nothing is preventing people from getting a picture ID that allows them to vote. The barriers are in one's mind; not anywhere else.

Really, what is the problem?

Originally, I was against Voter ID. Traditionally, there are two groups that don't have documents. Those would be the older folks and the homeless. Some of the homeless obtain documents, get rolled and they are stolen. The process has to start all over again. Babies that are born on the side of a road and don't go to a hospital. There are people that lose everything in fires. Mothers that carry around social security cards and birth certificates in their purse and then they are stolen.

Here is the thing, you can't obtain services without that ID. You need to have an ID to obtain a job, alcohol, cigarettes, gamble, state aid, Social Security, cash a check, drive a car, obtain insurance, etc. For as much money that has been poured into this little battle with the pretense of fighting the good fight for rights etc, they could actually solve some of these problems like help obtaining documents, locked storage for homeless, etc. and so on but that might require actual work instead of standing on the sideline acting like pompous pricks.

Well, it goes into the whole "undue burden" claim a lot of liberals make. Taken to an extreme, signing the registration card is an undue burden since our creator didn't endow us with a pen built into our hands. Keep in mind that, in case I didn't make it clear in the OP, this is just for elections where there are federal seats on the ballot. If Hattiesburg, MS wants to have people vote by having a game of corn hole and you have to get your bean bag into the hole to cast a ballot in elections for local officials; they can certainly try that; I think the courts will have something to say. But since the US Senator from MS can affect my life indirectly; I have an interest in how they elect that official. I want only those eligible to vote in MS to make that decision. Those who are unfortunate enough to live in MS should want the same thing.

Good point about the money spent to defend the "rights" of those who are likely not interested in voting anyway.

I agree....

Voting should only be allowed when a verifiable ID showing citizenship can be presented (either to vote at the poll, or to pick up an absentee ballot)...

No verifiable ID, no vote!!!
Persons have been voting by mail for about a century. There have been very few issues.

What's the problem? This is nothing more than a way to divide people. If states wanted to enact this they could have long ago. Everyone that votes has to register to vote. You give them a photo I.D. when they register. When you go to renew your D.L. you give people a voters I.D. Before long the vast majority of people would have one.

Why is it not done? Then it wouldn't be a wedge issue. Nothing is actually ever done about many wedge issues. Abortion, guns, immigration and this.

The question is asked "why don't we". The only reason we don't is because we don't.

So which is it?
Which is what?

You said it was a "wedge" issue. It isn't. Nothing is preventing people from getting a picture ID that allows them to vote. The barriers are in one's mind; not anywhere else.

Nothing OUTSIDE of the fact no one is doing it. There is no law that would stop it. People register to vote all the time. Thousands turn 18 every year. Why aren't they presented with photo voters registration cards?

Because then it is no longer a wedge issue. There is absolutely nothing stopping the states from doing this now.

So which is it?
Which is what?

Nothing OUTSIDE of the fact no one is doing it. There is no law that would stop it. People register to vote all the time. Thousands turn 18 every year. Why aren't they presented with photo voters registration cards?

Because then it is no longer a wedge issue. There is absolutely nothing stopping the states from doing this now.

Agreed. Not sure what youre point is when you said "this is nothing more than a way to divide people".

So which is it?
Which is what?

Agreed. Not sure what youre point is when you said "this is nothing more than a way to divide people".

Why isn't it being done?

There is nothing wrong with photo ID in the least. The question usually revolves around what kind of photo ID is acceptable. Why in some states is a concealed gun permit acceptable but not a student ID from an accredited university?

The bigger concern is the closing of polling stations.
The problem with photo IDs is that there are lawfully registered voters who can’t obtain one.

For those concerned with non-existent voter ‘fraud,’ it would be appropriate to require voters to identify themselves with a paycheck stub, utility bill, or property tax document.

That is a lie.

So which is it?
Which is what?

Why isn't it being done?

I do not know.

So which is it?
Which is what?

Why isn't it being done?

I do not know.

So I may be right?

So which is it?
Which is what?

Why isn't it being done?

I do not know.

So I may be right?
:banghead:
About what?

Strange that this really cut-and-dried benefit to making the electoral process as sterile as possible is flummoxing so many people.

To date; nobody can give a good answer as to why they do not want such safeguards in place except for the supposed undue burden that having a picture taken would impose. BULLDOG did mention that due to C-19 the DMVs are closed and that is a good reason to not require picture ID's this go-round but under normal conditions, the argument from fellow liberals seems to be; "because".

So which is it?
Which is what?

Why isn't it being done?

I do not know.

So I may be right?
About what?

I hate when people do this. You know exactly what we have been discussing.

So which is it?
Which is what?

Why isn't it being done?

I do not know.

So I may be right?
About what?

Sincerely, I have no idea what you're talking about insofar as municipalities and states not issuing picture voter IDs being a wedge issue. I don't see the connection. If I had to guess about why states don't do it right now it is because most voters have a picture ID already without the added costs of issuing voter registration cards with picture IDs.

So which is it?
Which is what?

Why isn't it being done?

I do not know.

So I may be right?
About what?

Sincerely, I have no idea what you're talking about insofar as municipalities and states not issuing picture voter IDs being a wedge issue. I don't see the connection. If I had to guess about why states don't do it right now it is because most voters have a picture ID already without the added costs of issuing voter registration cards with picture IDs.

So there really isn't a problem. Why do so many make it out to be this big problem?

So which is it?
Which is what?

Why isn't it being done?

I do not know.

So I may be right?
About what?

Strange that this really cut-and-dried benefit to making the electoral process as sterile as possible is flummoxing so many people.

To date; nobody can give a good answer as to why they do not want such safeguards in place except for the supposed undue burden that having a picture taken would impose. BULLDOG did mention that due to C-19 the DMVs are closed and that is a good reason to not require picture ID's this go-round but under normal conditions, the argument from fellow liberals seems to be; "because".

No, it's worse than that. Their argument boils down to "because blacks are too ignorant, and or stupid, to get an ID".

The modern Democrat party is by far the most arrogant, patronizing, racist bunch of people I have ever seen.

So which is it?
Which is what?

Why isn't it being done?

I do not know.

So I may be right?
About what?

No, it's worse than that. Their argument boils down to "because blacks are too ignorant, and or stupid, to get an ID".

The modern Democrat party is by far the most arrogant, patronizing, racist bunch of people I have ever seen.

As I noted states can give photo ID's now when people register to vote. Nothing is stopping them why aren't they?

Because you are "too ignorant to understand you are being played"?

Forum List

Back