CDZ I am For Picture ID For Voting

I just renewed my husband DL online. All I needed was his DL. Next time he has to go in to have his eyes checked and to renew his picture, every 8th year you have to go back in , in MI.

I also got a duplicate DL, we have to show our voters ID and also the DL ID or state ID when we go to the polls.

Now we have NO EXCUSE absentee ballots and for that you have to have (which people voted on):
To use this website, you need to be registered to vote in Michigan and have a valid Michigan driver’s license or state ID. If you need to register to vote, click on "Registering To Vote." If you don’t have a Michigan driver’s license or state ID but you are registered to vote, click on "Absentee Voting" for more information on how you can apply for an absent voter ballot.

and you have to register to vote:
Some clerk’s offices have opened satellite offices for voter registration. You must show proof of where you live. Documents must have your name and current address. You can show a digital copy of any document. Acceptable documents include:

Michigan driver’s license or State ID card
Current utility bill
Bank statement
Paycheck or government check
Other government document

After registering, you can vote an absent voter ballot at the clerk’s office or you can vote at your polling place on Election Day.

Military and overseas civilian voters have additional options to register. For more information, visit this page.
__________________________________-
I pretty much think all states are like this.
And, pray tell, how the hell do you get utilities, a bank account, a job or a government check (or ANY government benefits), or prove your identity to the government for anything else, without an ID???

The simple answer is, YOU CAN'T!!!

13 states allow illegals to travel to work and school with a drivers license and none of them states allow then to vote (from what I read) and most of them are workers.
Actually, that's why I think that the idea of requiring a FEDERAL ID (ISSUED ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS THAT CAN PROVE CITIZENSHIP, OR THAT HAS A FEATURE TO VERIFY CITIZENSHIP) has merit....

NO ID VERIFYING CITIZENSHIP, NO VOTE!!!!

A voters registration card that everyone gets when they registers verifies citizenship.
No it doesn't.

I some states, you can register for local elections, but that doesn't qualify you for national elections. Nor does it convey citizenship.

If you are an illegal alien, it is against the law to vote in national elections. But you can, in some instances, register to vote in local elections.

Are you really this dumb?

Really, what is the problem?

Originally, I was against Voter ID. Traditionally, there are two groups that don't have documents. Those would be the older folks and the homeless. Some of the homeless obtain documents, get rolled and they are stolen. The process has to start all over again. Babies that are born on the side of a road and don't go to a hospital. There are people that lose everything in fires. Mothers that carry around social security cards and birth certificates in their purse and then they are stolen.

Here is the thing, you can't obtain services without that ID. You need to have an ID to obtain a job, alcohol, cigarettes, gamble, state aid, Social Security, cash a check, drive a car, obtain insurance, etc. For as much money that has been poured into this little battle with the pretense of fighting the good fight for rights etc, they could actually solve some of these problems like help obtaining documents, locked storage for homeless, etc. and so on but that might require actual work instead of standing on the sideline acting like pompous pricks.

Really, what is the problem? You go down to the DMV or County Clerk’s Office or whatever set up your local town or hamlet has and get a photographic ID made so the poll workers can verify your sacred vote is cast by no one other than yourself. As long as there is no charge for the ID, there cannot be a serious allegation made that this is an undue burden to the person who wishes to vote. Nor, as long as it is made available to any and all who wish to seek to register for the picture ID, can one seriously contend that this is some form of voter suppression. I may listen to an argument about forcing someone to do it every year but once every 2-4 years doesn't seem like too much of an imposition to me.

Now, for the record, I’m fully in favor of having federal laws that require states to provide absentee voting prior to the official election day –the Tuesday after the first Monday in November—for at least a week. Voting by mail has been done for nearly 100 years without any issues. Those who think this is a portal to fraud are just not thinking it through. Even more heinous is the position that you have to have a “good reason” to vote absentee; as if it is some sort of business of the State why you feel more comfortable about voting from your living room as opposed to going to the local school house. I am also for standardization of the voting devices as well as the picture ID I sponsored in the first paragraph. Meaning that someone from Peoria who happens to be in Pittsburgh and wishes to vote simply goes to the polling place, swipes their standard uniform voter ID card into the uniform and standardized voting device and their local ballot from Peoria comes up on the screen. They make their selections and go about their merry way just as they would do in person at their high school or fire department.

The resistance to having an ID to vote comes mainly from the left of which I’m a member in good standing in most of the online tests I have taken. I’m for a woman’s right to privacy, oppose Trump, am in favor or equal pay for equal work, am for raising the minimum wage incrementally to $10.00 an hour, am against separating families at the border except as a last resort, support the ACA, etc… However, on this topic, I have to call BS on those who think obtaining a picture ID card to vote is an undue burden or, more troubling, is unnecessary. I covered the “undue burden” argument already. As for the argument that it is not necessary, one should consider that every two years, there are a lot of local initiatives on the same ballot as the federal offices. These “down ballot” races do not get a lot of attention nationally and in some cases even locally. Raising the local tax rate or allowing the City or State to have more power can affect your family for decades. Wouldn’t you want the vote for such laws and ordinances to be of persons from your locality or State? And this is just the bi-annual elections. What about off year and primary races where the turnout is in the hundreds and a few votes cast inaccurately (either by accident or on purpose) can sway who the nominee becomes? Thinking it is unnecessary and reality are two different things.

Whatsmore is this; if we have the tools for accuracy….why not just make it as accurate as possible? It seems like a no-brainer to me.

Mail in voting SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED.

PERIOD.

If progressive and liberals will reserve seats at a Trump rally to keep his supporters from participating in the political process, and partisan government officials will spoil the vote?

No, large scale mail in voting should not be an option. This is clear now.

I agree....

Voting should only be allowed when a verifiable ID showing citizenship can be presented (either to vote at the poll, or to pick up an absentee ballot)...

No verifiable ID, no vote!!!

I just renewed my husband DL online. All I needed was his DL. Next time he has to go in to have his eyes checked and to renew his picture, every 8th year you have to go back in , in MI.

I also got a duplicate DL, we have to show our voters ID and also the DL ID or state ID when we go to the polls.

Now we have NO EXCUSE absentee ballots and for that you have to have (which people voted on):
To use this website, you need to be registered to vote in Michigan and have a valid Michigan driver’s license or state ID. If you need to register to vote, click on "Registering To Vote." If you don’t have a Michigan driver’s license or state ID but you are registered to vote, click on "Absentee Voting" for more information on how you can apply for an absent voter ballot.

Some clerk’s offices have opened satellite offices for voter registration. You must show proof of where you live. Documents must have your name and current address. You can show a digital copy of any document. Acceptable documents include:

Current utility bill
Bank statement

After registering, you can vote an absent voter ballot at the clerk’s office or you can vote at your polling place on Election Day.

Military and overseas civilian voters have additional options to register. For more information, visit this page.
And, pray tell, how the hell do you get utilities, a bank account, a job or a government check (or ANY government benefits), or prove your identity to the government for anything else, without an ID???

13 states allow illegals to travel to work and school with a drivers license and none of them states allow then to vote (from what I read) and most of them are workers.
Actually, that's why I think that the idea of requiring a FEDERAL ID (ISSUED ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS THAT CAN PROVE CITIZENSHIP, OR THAT HAS A FEATURE TO VERIFY CITIZENSHIP) has merit....

I'm all for citizens to vote, but if you have a rogue Potus, they might have a hold on republican or democrats votes. Best to have the states, with a non partisan checking the votes.
What the hell is a "rogue" Potus?

. . and who precisely makes that determination?

Current utility bill
Bank statement

A voters registration card that everyone gets when they registers verifies citizenship.
No it doesn't.

I some states, you can register for local elections, but that doesn't qualify you for national elections. Nor does it convey citizenship.

If you are an illegal alien, it is against the law to vote in national elections. But you can, in some instances, register to vote in local elections.

You can post these examples right?

There is nothing wrong with photo ID in the least. The question usually revolves around what kind of photo ID is acceptable. Why in some states is a concealed gun permit acceptable but not a student ID from an accredited university?

The bigger concern is the closing of polling stations.
And DMVs have been closed all over the place, making it hard for those who do not drive, to get there for a govt issued picture ID.

Current utility bill
Bank statement

I'm all for citizens to vote, but if you have a rogue Potus, they might have a hold on republican or democrats votes. Best to have the states, with a non partisan checking the votes.
What the hell is a "rogue" Potus?

. . and who precisely makes that determination?

Basically any potus in office. The second term is highly wanted.

Current utility bill
Bank statement

13 states allow illegals to travel to work and school with a drivers license and none of them states allow then to vote (from what I read) and most of them are workers and pay taxes.

I find America and illegals strange. In the UK, illegals are, erm, illegals. That means they broke the law, immigration laws. If caught, they're deported. If you employ them or rent a house to them, the employer and landlord are fined and the illegal(s) deported.

Is America so Laissez-faire with bank robbers, rapists and paedophiles?

Current utility bill
Bank statement

13 states allow illegals to travel to work and school with a drivers license and none of them states allow then to vote (from what I read) and most of them are workers and pay taxes.

I find America and illegals strange. In the UK, illegals are, erm, illegals. That means they broke the law, immigration laws. If caught, they're deported. If you employ them or rent a house to them, the employer and landlord are fined and the illegal(s) deported.

Is America so Laissez-faire with bank robbers, rapists and paedophiles?

Yes. The US is currently in the hug-a-thug phase.

Really, what is the problem? You go down to the DMV or County Clerk’s Office or whatever set up your local town or hamlet has and get a photographic ID made so the poll workers can verify your sacred vote is cast by no one other than yourself. As long as there is no charge for the ID, there cannot be a serious allegation made that this is an undue burden to the person who wishes to vote. Nor, as long as it is made available to any and all who wish to seek to register for the picture ID, can one seriously contend that this is some form of voter suppression. I may listen to an argument about forcing someone to do it every year but once every 2-4 years doesn't seem like too much of an imposition to me.

Now, for the record, I’m fully in favor of having federal laws that require states to provide absentee voting prior to the official election day –the Tuesday after the first Monday in November—for at least a week. Voting by mail has been done for nearly 100 years without any issues. Those who think this is a portal to fraud are just not thinking it through. Even more heinous is the position that you have to have a “good reason” to vote absentee; as if it is some sort of business of the State why you feel more comfortable about voting from your living room as opposed to going to the local school house. I am also for standardization of the voting devices as well as the picture ID I sponsored in the first paragraph. Meaning that someone from Peoria who happens to be in Pittsburgh and wishes to vote simply goes to the polling place, swipes their standard uniform voter ID card into the uniform and standardized voting device and their local ballot from Peoria comes up on the screen. They make their selections and go about their merry way just as they would do in person at their high school or fire department.

The resistance to having an ID to vote comes mainly from the left of which I’m a member in good standing in most of the online tests I have taken. I’m for a woman’s right to privacy, oppose Trump, am in favor or equal pay for equal work, am for raising the minimum wage incrementally to $10.00 an hour, am against separating families at the border except as a last resort, support the ACA, etc… However, on this topic, I have to call BS on those who think obtaining a picture ID card to vote is an undue burden or, more troubling, is unnecessary. I covered the “undue burden” argument already. As for the argument that it is not necessary, one should consider that every two years, there are a lot of local initiatives on the same ballot as the federal offices. These “down ballot” races do not get a lot of attention nationally and in some cases even locally. Raising the local tax rate or allowing the City or State to have more power can affect your family for decades. Wouldn’t you want the vote for such laws and ordinances to be of persons from your locality or State? And this is just the bi-annual elections. What about off year and primary races where the turnout is in the hundreds and a few votes cast inaccurately (either by accident or on purpose) can sway who the nominee becomes? Thinking it is unnecessary and reality are two different things.

Whatsmore is this; if we have the tools for accuracy….why not just make it as accurate as possible? It seems like a no-brainer to me.
as long as they can show good reason for why they will be absent and cant vote,,,

being to lazy to get out and go vote is not a good reason,,,

“Really, what is the problem?”

The problem is that there are registered voters – citizens who have been voting consistently for decades – who lack the documentation required to obtain a photo ID.
There is that. I'm sure that most can be grandfathered in and a 70 y/o man won't have to get his birth certificate or what have you if he has no drivers licenses.

The problem is that when one registers to vote for the first time in a new jurisdiction, he’s required to provide a photo ID. As long as a citizen remains active and current on the registration rolls, there’s no need for the voter to continue to provide a photo ID.
Again, I'm sure that most can be grandfathered in. And I'm sure most already have a photo ID for other uses such as a drivers license.

The problem is that voter ‘fraud’ by false identification is virtually non-existent to the extent that the requirements to obtain and provide a photo ID are not justified – particularly when it prohibits a lawfully registered voter from voting.
Fraud? There is intentional fraud to vote several times and then there are simple mistakes that are made. People being allowed to vote for measures that don't affect them for example. Updating he voter rolls would help eliminate that.

The problem is that voter ID laws are enacted in bad faith – seeking to suppress votes rather than prevent non-existent ‘fraud.’
That is an opinion. If you can't muster the wherewithal to vote every 2 years or whatever...its because you aren't willing. There is no undue burden being placed on individuals.

The problem is that it’s a manifestation of government excess and overreach – the enactment of unwarranted laws that do nothing but increase the size and authority of the state at the expense of the right to vote. In order for government to lawfully place limits and restrictions on citizens’ rights, it must do so based on objective, documented evidence in support of those limits and restrictions; voter ID laws are devoid of justifying evidence.
Of all of the "over reach" in our governments, election security is a shocking under reach.

And the problem is that voter ID laws are predicated on a presumption of guilt; if elections officials suspect a voter is attempting to engage in fraud, that needs to be addressed on a case-by-case basis, not compel the voting public as a whole to ‘prove’ they’re not attempting to commit ‘fraud.’
No. That is nonsense.

Voting is a fundamental right – immune from attack by government motivated by capricious partisanism and baseless fears of ‘fraud.’

All persons voting would be required to provide the same ID. There is no partisanship on this issue. If a Party is reliant upon non-motivated persons...that is their problem.
Why bother voting? It clearly makes no difference.
Incorrect.
Correct. Clearly so.

Current utility bill
Bank statement

No it doesn't.

The problem is that there are registered voters – citizens who have been voting consistently for decades – who lack the documentation required to obtain a photo ID.
There is that. I'm sure that most can be grandfathered in and a 70 y/o man won't have to get his birth certificate or what have you if he has no drivers licenses.

The problem is that when one registers to vote for the first time in a new jurisdiction, he’s required to provide a photo ID. As long as a citizen remains active and current on the registration rolls, there’s no need for the voter to continue to provide a photo ID.
Again, I'm sure that most can be grandfathered in. And I'm sure most already have a photo ID for other uses such as a drivers license.

The problem is that voter ‘fraud’ by false identification is virtually non-existent to the extent that the requirements to obtain and provide a photo ID are not justified – particularly when it prohibits a lawfully registered voter from voting.
Fraud? There is intentional fraud to vote several times and then there are simple mistakes that are made. People being allowed to vote for measures that don't affect them for example. Updating he voter rolls would help eliminate that.

The problem is that voter ID laws are enacted in bad faith – seeking to suppress votes rather than prevent non-existent ‘fraud.’
That is an opinion. If you can't muster the wherewithal to vote every 2 years or whatever...its because you aren't willing. There is no undue burden being placed on individuals.

The problem is that it’s a manifestation of government excess and overreach – the enactment of unwarranted laws that do nothing but increase the size and authority of the state at the expense of the right to vote. In order for government to lawfully place limits and restrictions on citizens’ rights, it must do so based on objective, documented evidence in support of those limits and restrictions; voter ID laws are devoid of justifying evidence.
Of all of the "over reach" in our governments, election security is a shocking under reach.

And the problem is that voter ID laws are predicated on a presumption of guilt; if elections officials suspect a voter is attempting to engage in fraud, that needs to be addressed on a case-by-case basis, not compel the voting public as a whole to ‘prove’ they’re not attempting to commit ‘fraud.’
No. That is nonsense.

Voting is a fundamental right – immune from attack by government motivated by capricious partisanism and baseless fears of ‘fraud.’

All persons voting would be required to provide the same ID. There is no partisanship on this issue. If a Party is reliant upon non-motivated persons...that is their problem.
Incorrect.
Correct. Clearly so.

There is nothing wrong with photo ID in the least. The question usually revolves around what kind of photo ID is acceptable. Why in some states is a concealed gun permit acceptable but not a student ID from an accredited university?

And DMVs have been closed all over the place, making it hard for those who do not drive, to get there for a govt issued picture ID.
That’s a good point and a valid concern

Current utility bill
Bank statement

No it doesn't.

I said that registering to vote will verify citizenship. If people register to vote in this small instance it will verify their status will it not?

Current utility bill
Bank statement

No it doesn't.

I said that registering to vote will verify citizenship. If people register to vote in this small instance it will verify their status will it not?
So if registering to vote "verifies citizenship", are you trying to say that all it takes to become a US citizen is to try to vote in our elections???

WHAT A DUMBASS!!!

Current utility bill
Bank statement

No it doesn't.

So if registering to vote "verifies citizenship", are you trying to say that all it takes to become a US citizen is to try to vote in our elections???

WHAT A DUMBASS!!!

Nobody was made a citizen. Quit chasing your tail.

No. That is nonsense.

League Refuses to "Help Perpetrate a Fraud"
Screenshot_2020-06-27 League Refuses to Help Perpetrate a Fraud League of Women Voters(2).png

Our political system is a farcical cartel, there is no freedom of choice. It is an illusion.

The Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) is a nonprofit corporation established in 1987 under the joint sponsorship of the Democratic and Republican political parties in the United States.[1][3] The CPD sponsors and produces debates for U.S. presidential and vice-presidential candidates and undertakes research and educational activities relating to the debates. It has run each of the presidential debates held since 1988. The Commission's debates are sponsored by private contributions from foundations and corporations[4] as well as fees from hosting institutions.[5]

I am too.
And even more, before you could get one you'd first have serve at least two years in the military or four years non military in service to your country. Otherwise you can sit down, STFU and never get to vote. You'd have to earn your voice by getting some skin in the game first. Then maybe people would attach some value to it and not piss it away voting for idiots and their idiotic causes

That’s a good point and a valid concern
The DMVs were shut down, right after the R state passed the gvt issued PHOTO ID required.... there is a lot of funny business happening that makes the R push for it, diviously suspicious.

Otherwise, I would support it.

Forum List

Back