I am applying for a license to carry

Why?
If you never needed it before, why do you need it now?
Have you noticed the rising level of violence in our nation?

In many cities the police are undermanned and because of riots and protests have turned reactive rather than proactive. You can’t always count on the cops to save your sorry ass so basically you are responsible for protecting yourself and your family.

Hopefully you will never have to use a weapon for legitimate self defense but it might be better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it.

The "real experts" say guns are used 10x more often in self-defense than murder, and 5x more often than suicide.
Besides cowards pulling out their guns to threaten tougher guys, I've found another explanation for why there are self defense claims. Cowards carrying guns are claiming 'self defense' by just carrying their guns down a street at night.

Besides cowards pulling out their guns to threaten tougher guys, I've found another explanation for why there are self defense claims. Cowards carrying guns are claiming 'self defense' by just carrying their guns down a street at night.

Is this the stuff that happens in your homoerotic dreams? Please don't share.

:lol:
Wait... you disagree with what the "real experts" consider self-defense?
:lol:
If they agree with that which I suggested then we both should be able to agree that they're not experts. Real self defense has to be something more than just walking down the street with a hidden gun and feeling secure about it.
Likewise, it can't just be a coward pulling a handgun in a tavern because he was threatened by a big black guy.
We both know what 'self defense' means and you can elaborate on that if you wish. On that we may find some common ground?

At the age of 41 I will be applying. Got my basic firearms safety certificate and will be dropping off my application to the local PD in the next few days. Finally biting the bullet and buying a firearm that I hope I never ever have to use.

Wish me luck! Any and all advice is welcome.

Thank you

Pretty tough laws in your state Zog. Boston may be even tougher.

If they agree with that which I suggested then we both should be able to agree that they're not experts.
YOU called them experts.
YOU used THEIR number to make the determination that the use of a firearm in self-defense as "very rare".
Thus, you have to make a decision:
They experts, and their numbers are legitimate, or are they not experts and their numbers are bogus.
Tell us which.

LOL

Well, when you're correct, you're correct. What would you like me to say?? We agree more than you think.

No, I see agreements with you all the time. I may think you're a bit of a dick but figure we'd get along fine over beers and lobster rolls at one of those fine Legal Seafood restaurants in your area.

That may mean that I'm a bit of a dick as well - hard to say. ;)

No, I see agreements with you all the time. I may think you're a bit of a dick but figure we'd get along fine over beers and lobster rolls at one of those fine Legal Seafood restaurants in your area.

That may mean that I'm a bit of a dick as well - hard to say. ;)
Our disagreement is what sort of leadership we need. I think we need to toughen up the younger generation. My kids and their friends are mostly soft as shit. I dislike that and having wimps like Biden and Harris in charge drives me insane. If you recall I said I like people on the left like Lamb and Sinema....now the left is vilifying Sinema. Most interesting. The Democratic Party seems to be moving far left? I am a moderate. In terms of Trump, he entertains me, I like his fiscal policies and I get he is polarizing. But the impact he has on leftists is just so outstanding that I must vote for him at all costs.

YOU called them experts.
YOU used THEIR number to make the determination that the use of a firearm in self-defense as "very rare".
Thus, you have to make a decision:
They experts, and their numbers are legitimate, or are they not experts and their numbers are bogus.
Tell us which.
If their numbers are bogus then they couldn't be experts.
The only group that has the credentials to do the study would be the Harvard study group. They're also the only study that would have no reason for bias either way.
Can you discredit that study with something of real substance?

I'm asking you to set aside the spam, cheap insults, and profanity. Let's get to work on this topic!

Have you noticed the rising level of violence in our nation?

In many cities the police are undermanned and because of riots and protests have turned reactive rather than proactive. You can’t always count on the cops to save your sorry ass so basically you are responsible for protecting yourself and your family.

Hopefully you will never have to use a weapon for legitimate self defense but it might be better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it.
And exactly how does making more firearms available and available to criminals ease the crime rate?

"Have one and not need it..."
If you own a firearm it is far more likely to be used to kill a family member, friend, neighbor or work associate that it is ever to be used to prevent a crime.

The actual factual numbers say it is better to not have it at all.

Forum List

Back