I am applying for a license to carry

Of course you do. You want to dismiss the data that shows a gun in the house is a threat to your family, much as you wish to dismiss everything that runs contrary to your preferred beliefs.

The data...from who?

There were 486 accidental gun deaths in 2019.

There were 39,107 accidental car deaths.

Of the two, the car in your garage is deadlier.

Of course, the real killers in the home?

Alcoholics, drug addicts/sellers. and criminals.......stay away from those and your chance of being murdered in your home is reduced.....

“Personal attacks are childish......they are hard to avoid when dealing with assholes.”
This thought reminds me that I never finished a previous thought …

No matter how well a small pistol may fit in your pocket, when you rush home to sit on the toilet, you may find it all quite uncomfortable, and have to remove it.

Then you must remember, always, afterwards … to wash your hands.

This thought reminds me that I never finished a previous thought …

No matter how well a small pistol may fit in your pocket, when you rush home to sit on the toilet, you may find it all quite uncomfortable, and have to remove it.

Then you must remember, always, afterwards … to wash your hands.
One of the advantages of pocket carry is that it shouldn’t be necessary to remove your firearm while in the restroom, thus avoiding the disaster of forgetting to take your gun with you.

At the age of 41 I will be applying. Got my basic firearms safety certificate and will be dropping off my application to the local PD in the next few days. Finally biting the bullet and buying a firearm that I hope I never ever have to use.

Wish me luck! Any and all advice is welcome.

Thank you
In Brookline? The only way you could use a firearm in that bizzaro-world enclave and not go to prison yourself would be to shoot yourself in the foot out of remorse for your whiteness.

At the age of 41 I will be applying. Got my basic firearms safety certificate and will be dropping off my application to the local PD in the next few days. Finally biting the bullet and buying a firearm that I hope I never ever have to use.

Wish me luck! Any and all advice is welcome.

Thank you

Buy a quality firearm. Don't skimp due to price. Police carry Glocks for a reason. They're a damn fine handgun. Personally, I like Kimber, although I also carry my late father's Colt .380 Government Model.

Practice.

Practice, practice, practice.

Right now, ammunition is very expensive. Consider an electronic simulator such as Laser Shot. I've never used one, but I've read a lot of positive things about the system, especially considering the shortage and price of ammunition.

I've drawn my concealed firearm twice to defend me and my loved ones. In one of those instances I was forced to pull the trigger. My hot Puerto Rican girlfriend and I are alive today because I was not only armed, but trained, as well. Don't just take safety classes. Take classes which focus on the legality of using a firearm and the application of deadly force.

While I would not change a single thing about how I handled the situation we faced, not a day goes by that I don't think about the fact that I ended another person's life...

The gun I do not own? How is it a threat? Make me. You mentioned my family. Period. End of story. You’re a dickhead. You were banned once caddo kid. Grow up.
Then play internet tough guy all you want AssDefiler.
You're talking to a gut who doesn't need a gun to feel brave and your bad ass shit is just another laughing point.

Yeah AssBoy, I wished your family well.
Take it to the mods AssBoy.

Then play internet tough guy all you want AssDefiler.
You're talking to a gut who doesn't need a gun to feel brave and your bad ass shit is just another laughing point.

Yeah AssBoy, I wished your family well.
Take it to the mods AssBoy.
It’s better to have it and not need than need it and not have it. Period. End of story. Adios. Caddo kid.

True.

Which is why Americans have the individual right to carry a gun for lawful self-defense – not to ‘fight crime.’
Not true.
There is no VALID interpretation of the words present in the 2nd that speak to a right to use a firearm in self
defense.

That "right" goes back to the common law and the original castle doctrine. However the NRA and GOP have twisted the meanings of these traditions with gun spreading legislation over the last 20 years in order to protect "law abiding" gun owners from their own stupidity.

Not true.
There is no VALID interpretation of the words present in the 2nd that speak to a right to use a firearm in self
defense.

That "right" goes back to the common law and the original castle doctrine. However the NRA and GOP have twisted the meanings of these traditions with gun spreading legislation over the last 20 years in order to protect "law abiding" gun owners from their own stupidity.
So only the GOP own guns? LOL

My grandfather has guns hidden in every room of his house as well as in his vehicle and on his person while he's outside. He's never more than a few feet away from a lethal weapon. He knows how to use them too. God help anybody that tries to rob him.

Forum List

Back