I am applying for a license to carry

At the age of 41 I will be applying. Got my basic firearms safety certificate and will be dropping off my application to the local PD in the next few days. Finally biting the bullet and buying a firearm that I hope I never ever have to use.

Wish me luck! Any and all advice is welcome.

Thank you

View attachment 551408
Watch of the libs on the board..they are probably sending your state ugly letters now talking about how mean you are to them and that you shouldn't be armed because of it.

Turned 41 today. I am Old :(
Happy Birthday!!!....

1634231740187.png

A lot more...way more...are safe and sound without any issues.

playtime see how deranged leftists think....
Whatever but data clearly shows your firearm is most likely to kill a family member, friend, neighbor, or work associate.

But, if that's Ok with you, it's fine with me.

A man with a 22LR pistol who shoots 20 rounds a day cause it's cheap can be pretty fucking deadly with that pistol.

Also, the pistol can be smaller and lighter.

I'm not saying to get a 22LR, but it's something to consider.
The smartest thing is to get either two identical pistols, one in .22 and the other in your preferred caliber, or a pistol that is easily converted. Then you can practice cheaply AND develop the muscle memory of how to use your preferred weapon.

Whatever but data clearly shows your firearm is most likely to kill a family member, friend, neighbor, or work associate.

But, if that's Ok with you, it's fine with me.
No the only data that shows that are from two fraudulent studies done by the same person who manipulated the data to fit his preconceived outcome.

No the only data that shows that are from two fraudulent studies done by the same person who manipulated the data to fit his preconceived outcome.
But maybe just keep it in mind anyway. Get yourself a little gun safe, grab it, get your family and get out of the house. If possible. Take it with you. But make getting TFO priority number one.

You don't show your hand and you don't show your gun. When you do you just gave away every option you had. But if you carry concealed illegally no one knows you get the freak and have him missing never to be seen again. Go and search Google for Leaderless Resistance It is what government fears the most.

Most gun shot victims are the family, friends, and neighbor of the gun owner.

Simple fact.

At the age of 41 I will be applying. Got my basic firearms safety certificate and will be dropping off my application to the local PD in the next few days. Finally biting the bullet and buying a firearm that I hope I never ever have to use.

Thank you

View attachment 551408
Many first time concealed carry people want to carry a large weapon. Many end up leaving that weapon at home unless they are going to a dangerous area.

Over time I learned to carry a very light snub nosed .38+P caliber revolver in a pocket holster. If I am going somewhere I just grab the revolver and its holster and slip both into my pants pocket on the way out the door. I don’t have to take the time to stick a holster on my belt or inside my pants.

My prime carry weapon is a S&W Model 642. This is not a long range target revolver but a close range self defense weapon. Being light it has a nasty recoil and most would say it isn’t much fun to practice with. Plus it is double action only which makes target shooting more difficult than a revolver you can cock and fire single action.

1634272303549.jpeg

A number of companies make small, light weight semi-auto pistols in .380 or 9mm. Such weapons also often have a stiff recoil but with practice can be mastered. They also can be excellent pants pocket weapons.

One advantage of carrying a handgun in your pants pocket is that if something looks odd you can always put your hand in your pocket on the firearm ready to pull it if necessary.

Other advise is to take a course on the law involving concealed weapons and self defense in your state. Join a gun range and learn how to shoot. Be polite and respectful and you will find the better shooters at your range will be happy to teach you how to shoot better. Far too many men think watching TV and movies for years has taught them how to shoot which of course is false. Women in general are easier to teach than men as they don’t assume they already are good at shooting.

Thank you

View attachment 551408
Always carry knife and a slingshot too for backup.

How many of those "real experts" carry a firearm every day?

Better stay home where it's safe, Bubble Boy. :laughing0301:
Any “experts” who write for the Violence Policy Center are anti-gun.

Forum List

Back