I am applying for a license to carry

My favorite line is "I'm not compensating. If I could reach out to 50 yards and slap someone upside the head with my dick, I wouldn't need a gun."

:laughing0301:

I have had a concealed carry permit since I was twenty-two years old. I am seventy-two now. I carry regularly, but I have never even once in that fifty years pulled my hand gun and pointed it at anyone. I still am glad I was packing. It's insurance.
If you didn't use your gun to protect yourself in 50 years, odds are pretty good that 1/3 of gun owners didn't either.
You must have imagined you needed your gun for protection if you're being truthful.
Most who carry a gun around are looking for a chance to use it on somebody.

If you didn't use your gun to protect yourself in 50 years, odds are pretty good that 1/3 of gun owners didn't either.
You must have imagined you needed your gun for protection if you're being truthful.
I know I bought an AR 15, but the hard part is how to conceal it.

Usually people just ask, is that an AR 15 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

I got to say, more women flirt with me now.

:wtf:

laughing3.gif

And besides looking to get a chance to use their gun, they're also craving attention. The ones who carry the AR-15's and get dressed up in their camo costumes may not become people shooters but it's a pretty safe bet that some of them will be.

There's just no way they are thinking of protecting themselves when they seek out a place to stand where they will be seen by the most people. They're clearly anticipating a gun fight! The novelty of shooting small animals and songbirds has worn off and they're looking for some serious action that they've prepared for.

In all seriousness, go to a gun store and handle every sidearm you are considering then handle all the rest, find out which fits you best. Don't buy any sidearm because someone else likes it or because tens of thousands like it. Example: Glocks are great guns, old tech in this day and age but well made and extremely reliable. I will never own one because it feels like I'm holding on to a 2x4 with a barrel attached to it.
Don't just commit safety and legal to memory make them part of your DNA.......... Once you have the sidearm you want practice, practice, practice then practice some more and remember the most important safety feature of any firearm is the one between our ears.........
I did exactly that decades ago and bought a gun that I thought was far too small for me. A S&W 469 9mm. It turned out to fit my hand perfectly because the grip is so wide back to front.

At the age of 41 I will be applying. Got my basic firearms safety certificate and will be dropping off my application to the local PD in the next few days. Finally biting the bullet and buying a firearm that I hope I never ever have to use.

Wish me luck! Any and all advice is welcome.

Thank you

View attachment 551408
After hearing about people accidentally shooting their own family members twice in the last week...

If someone invades your home, #1 priority is to get your family and get out. Go, as fast as you can, and call the police. Don't get your gun and go try to teach someone a lesson. Last resort.

Second: don't keep one in the chamber. Guns are machines with moving parts. They break and malfunction. Things happen, people get startled, animals fuck with shit. Last thing you want is for it to discharge it unexpectedly.

Third, clean often.

Fourth (and this one is just personal preference): Don't be that fucking freak that wears his firearm on his hip everywhere he goes. I have some pretty cool swords. But I don't strap them across my back when I go to the gotdam grocery store like some cosplay dork on my way to a LARPing session. Conceal it, or leave it in the car.

Have fun! Full cans of soda are surprisingly satisfying to shoot. And cheap. :)

Last edited:
And besides looking to get a chance to use their gun, they're also craving attention. The ones who carry the AR-15's and get dressed up in their camo costumes may not become people shooters but it's a pretty safe bet that some of them will be.

There's just no way they are thinking of protecting themselves when they seek out a place to stand where they will be seen by the most people. They're clearly anticipating a gun fight! The novelty of shooting small animals and songbirds has worn off and they're looking for some serious action that they've prepared for.
Here's your song..........

Here's your song..........
It's time for hearing the truth and it's not coming from enough Americans. The fascination with guns, the military, and killing people has turned America's gun violence into epidemic levels.

The rest of the world is singing the same song.

It's time for hearing the truth and it's not coming from enough Americans. The fascination with guns, the military, and killing people has turned America's gun violence into epidemic levels.

The rest of the world is singing the same song.
Take off the blinders.

Donald H wrote, "Most who carry a gun around are looking for a chance to use it on somebody."

I respectfully beg to differ. Having spent half a century with many gun owner friends some of whom also carry I can tell you you are absolutely wrong.

Donald H wrote, "Most who carry a gun around are looking for a chance to use it on somebody."

I respectfully beg to differ. Having spent half a century with many gun owner friends some of whom also carry I can tell you you are absolutely wrong.
I had tagged you as the exception and so that could be true for your friends. The majority is something quite different and they make claims of having to pull out their guns to defend themselves.

Let's have an honest discussion on the gun problem in America, finally.

I had tagged you as the exception and so that could be true for your friends. The majority is something quite different and they make claims of having to pull out their guns to defend themselves.

Let's have an honest discussion on the gun problem in America, finally.
Considering the ludicrous, factless assertions you've already made it would appear there is little likelihood of you're being able to carry on an honest discussion concerning this subject.

Last edited:

I have the idiot Don on ignore like most of the other 170 or so, but the reason why most Conceal Carry bring a weapon, is that we never have to use it. But the day that you do need it, and you arent carrying, is the day you become a statistic..

Forum List

Back