Hydroxychloroquine

Researchers at the Henry Ford Health System in Southeast Michigan have found that early administration of the drug hydroxychloroquine makes hospitalized patients substantially less likely to die.

The study, published in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases, determined that hydroxychloroquine provided a "66% hazard ratio reduction," and hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin a 71 percent reduction, compared to neither treatment.

In-hospital mortality was 18.1 percent with both drugs, 13.5 percent with just hydroxychloroquine, 22.4 percent with azithromycin alone, and 26.4 percent with neither drug. "Prospective trials are needed" for further review, the researchers note.

"Our results do differ from some other studies," Dr. Marcus Zervos, who heads the hospital's infectious diseases unit, said at a news conference. "What we think was important in ours ... is that patients were treated early. For hydroxychloroquine to have a benefit, it needs to begin before the patients begin to suffer some of the severe immune reactions that patients can have with COVID."

Apparently the President was right ..... AGAIN ......

Any normal thinking person surprised?

Hydroxychloroquine was FDA approved in 1954.

It has literally been safely used for over a half a century.

Anyone know anyone who has taken this medication specifically for COVID-19?

End of Lockdowns and masks?
No. A anti-malaria drug doesnt keep you from catching a virus. It will never happen

Researchers at the Henry Ford Health System in Southeast Michigan have found that early administration of the drug hydroxychloroquine makes hospitalized patients substantially less likely to die.

The study, published in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases, determined that hydroxychloroquine provided a "66% hazard ratio reduction," and hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin a 71 percent reduction, compared to neither treatment.

In-hospital mortality was 18.1 percent with both drugs, 13.5 percent with just hydroxychloroquine, 22.4 percent with azithromycin alone, and 26.4 percent with neither drug. "Prospective trials are needed" for further review, the researchers note.

"Our results do differ from some other studies," Dr. Marcus Zervos, who heads the hospital's infectious diseases unit, said at a news conference. "What we think was important in ours ... is that patients were treated early. For hydroxychloroquine to have a benefit, it needs to begin before the patients begin to suffer some of the severe immune reactions that patients can have with COVID."

We know Drumpf isnt taking it anymore.

Which means what, exactly?
Someone finally convinced him that it wouldnt prevent him from catching covid-19

Last edited:

Which means what, exactly?
Someone finally convinced him that it wouldnt prevent him from covid-19
Were you in the meeting? I don't remember seeing you there when he was cleared, yet again. He's probably already been exposed and shrugged it off, like many others have.

Two clinical trials on hydroxychloroquine for Covid-19, one in the US and one in the UK, were stopped early because their data suggested hydroxychloroquine wasn't helpful.

They were stopped because of several now withdrawn studies that had been published in 'The Lancet and the 'NEJM'.

Britain has now restarted a study.

Nope. They were right. The drug was never proven to prevent Covid-19 like Drumpf said it would.

Not what President Trump said.

And tens-of-thousands of health care workers around the world have been using it prophylactically.

Actually that is what he said.

" You'd be surprised at how many people are taking it, especially the front-line workers — before you catch it," Trump said at the White House. "I happen to be taking it. I happen to be taking it. ... I'm taking it — hydroxychloroquine — right now."
-Drumpf

Nope. They were right. The drug was never proven to prevent Covid-19 like Drumpf said it would.

And tens-of-thousands of health care workers around the world have been using it prophylactically.

" You'd be surprised at how many people are taking it, especially the front-line workers — before you catch it," Trump said at the White House. "I happen to be taking it. I happen to be taking it. ... I'm taking it — hydroxychloroquine — right now."
-Drumpf

Not what you said originally.

Tens-of-thousands of health care workers around the world are using HCQ prophylactically.

-Drumpf

Tens-of-thousands of health care workers around the world are using HCQ prophylactically.
Yes it is what I said originally.

Thats great. Whats your point? Malaria is a disease that a lot of health care workers have to face.

Sadly, they don't seem to have use zinc in conjunction with HCQ and/or azithromycin. In fact, I have no idea what giving some patients azithromycin only was expected to prove.

We have evidence that the tripe-play of HCQ, azithromycin, and zinc is the way to go. Yet no large scale study has been (and as far as I know is not being) done.

-Drumpf

Yes it is what I said originally.

Thats great. Whats your point? Malaria is a disease that a lot of health care workers have to face.

LOL

No, it isn't what you said originally.

And the health care workers around the world who are taking HCQ prophylactically are working with Wuhan virus patients.

LMAO @ Fake News NBC ..... home of Docugate and the edited George Zimmerman 9/11 tapes .....

Leftist are so Gullible.

No. A anti-malaria drug doesnt keep you from catching a virus. It will never happen

Right .... and no drug on the market has ever been effective with an off label use.

Leftist ..... Go Figure.

Folks you simply cannot make up this level of stupidity.

It is unique to Leftist only .....

Chloroquine's effects are reversed by praziquantel, the latter drug being effective in helminth infection of one of the suspected COVID-19 intermediate hosts, Western Painted Turtle, Chrysemys picta belli (Gray), these suspects being first mentioned in a multi-authored study from Wuhan University, Los Alamos National Labs, New Mexico, and University of California at San Diego.

Current COVID-19 use of hydroxychloroquine contraindicates praziquantel, here:

Jul 2020 COVID-19 ChemoProphylaxis
'....Exclusion Criteria: presence of....praziquantel.'

Since the helminth can infect the conjunctival sac of the potential COVID-19 intermediate host, the controversy over the wearing of masks warrants further investigation.

COVID-19 is unlikely to bind to ocular surfaces:

Jul 2020 Ocular Surfaces
'....The evidence suggests that coronaviruses are unlikely to bind to ocular surface cells to initiate infection.'.

ok----seems like anyone who gets hydroxychloroquin should be on heart monitor to determine the subpopulation likely to respond with cardiac arrhythmia. Likely anyone on digoxin should probably not get it-----but I don't know

Wouldn't matter.. HCQuine and Remdesvir BOTH are used in hospital settings where heart monitoring is not a prob... And we know who's at risk for arrhythmias induced by the drug..

Forum List

Back