Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) Thread

Coyote It IS being scientifically tested around the world.. Just NOT "blind or double blind" clinical trials.. The scientific "replication" factor is THERE.. And that's a major step to proving anything..

Here are 6300 testimonials as to the efficacy... REALIZE that some drugs on the market only WORK for as low as 40% of cases... All FDA approved.. Even important ones like the "colon cancer in a box" one has a reliability of 80%... Which means that 5 to 10% of people who have colon cancer WONT BE CAUGHT with it..

Here's the testimonials..

• Hydroxychloroquine usage amongst COVID-19 treaters is 72% in Spain, 49% in Italy, 41% in Brazil, 39% in Mexico, 28% in France, 23% in the U.S., 17% in Germany, 16% in Canada, 13% in the UK, and 7% in Japan
  • Hydroxychloroquine was overall chosen as the most effective therapy amongst COVID-19 treaters from a list of 15 options. (37% of COVID-19 treaters)
  • 75% in Spain, 53% Italy, 44% in China, 43% in Brazil, 29% in France, 23% in the U.S., and 13% in the UK
  • The two most common treatment regimens for Hydroxychloroquine were:
  • (38%) 400mg twice daily on day one; 400 mg daily for five days
  • (26%) 400mg twice daily on day one; 200mg twice daily for four days
  • Outside the U.S., Hydroxychloroquine was equally used for diagnosed patients with mild to severe symptoms whereas in the U.S. it was most commonly used for high risk diagnosed patients
  • Globally, 19% of physicians prescribed or have seen Hydroxychloroquine prophylactically used for high risk patients, and 8% for low risk patients
Second Wave of Outbreak

Last edited:
Just realized that somehow this thread got locked this afternoon after a merge.. Don't quite understand it because there's nothing in thread notes about a recent lock.. Maybe a "Bug" in the Xenforo update?? Re-Opened...

Here's the other thing about "clinical trials"... We seem to be arguing about the "RISK" word again.. The one that all leftists want to annihilate from existence..

In a clinical trial -- you must RANDOMLY SELECT 1/2 your cases to be on PLACEBO... In order to GET an exact measure of efficacy...

Now you people griping about HCQ -- REALIZE -- that this is life/death right now for MOST of the intended receivers of the drug.. You are NOT ALLOWED TO TELL THEM if they get placebo...

To ME -- at a time like this -- that would be IMMORAL... Because most people who go ON ventilators for things like this NEVER come off.. And if you saved 10% of them with no serious side effects, I'd be cool with that..

Funny to me as a Libertarian that we got SLAMMED for 3 decades trying to decriminalize maryjuanna and when the public TURNED in that direction -- it was the SAME ZERO RISK TO ANYTHING people leading the legalization OF THAT in the states.. There are RISKS TO EVERYTHING.. You balance them against the rewards of NOT filling your legal system for possession of a joint or dismantling the ILLEGAL CRIMINAL flow of that substance...

Or in THIS case --- you balance it against the # of vents you need or the number of deaths..

Exactly. And in this case it could be fatal for some in the half not getting the real drug.

Here's the other thing about "clinical trials"... We seem to be arguing about the "RISK" word again.. The one that all leftists want to annihilate from existence..

In a clinical trial -- you must RANDOMLY SELECT 1/2 your cases to be on PLACEBO... In order to GET an exact measure of efficacy...

Now you people griping about HCQ -- REALIZE -- that this is life/death right now for MOST of the intended receivers of the drug.. You are NOT ALLOWED TO TELL THEM if they get placebo...

To ME -- at a time like this -- that would be IMMORAL... Because most people who go ON ventilators for things like this NEVER come off.. And if you saved 10% of them with no serious side effects, I'd be cool with that..

Funny to me as a Libertarian that we got SLAMMED for 3 decades trying to decriminalize maryjuanna and when the public TURNED in that direction -- it was the SAME ZERO RISK TO ANYTHING people leading the legalization OF THAT in the states.. There are RISKS TO EVERYTHING.. You balance them against the rewards of NOT filling your legal system for possession of a joint or dismantling the ILLEGAL CRIMINAL flow of that substance...

Or in THIS case --- you balance it against the # of vents you need or the number of deaths..

Exactly. And in this case it could be fatal for some in the half not getting the real drug.

Very cool... So by MAY -- we'll have "kinda" a clinical study.. More of an "efficacy" study because it says nothing about placebos... My point was "clinical trials" assess safety, interactions, side effects, AND efficacy... But the 1st 3 things are already pretty well known..

Very cool... So by MAY -- we'll have "kinda" a clinical study.. More of an "efficacy" study because it says nothing about placebos... My point was "clinical trials" assess safety, interactions, side effects, AND efficacy... But the 1st 3 things are already pretty well known..
Half will get the placebos .....half will not.

Last edited:

I missed that part.. Not thrilled to hear that.. Any one with serious complications should NOT volunteer for that study then...

Wow...........same information being posted here trying to say hydroxychloroquine doesn't work.

Seems the ones that help write it............LOL......want Remdesivir to win this race and are from Gilead........

I'm book marking this below.

Lucas Morin

@lucasmorin_eolc

·
Apr 3

What about potential conflicts of interests? That's a good but thorny question. The authors explicitly state that they have none, and there is no reason to doubt their disclosure.

Lucas Morin

@lucasmorin_eolc

·
Apr 3

A quick search on the Transparency in Healthcare database shows that several authors have links with Gilead (remdesevir) or, to a lower extent, Abbvie (kaletra), but nothing out of the ordinary: clinician-scientists have to work with pharmaceutical companies to develop treatments

Lucas Morin

@lucasmorin_eolc

·
Apr 3

Now, let's discuss the study. It is an observational cohort (i.e. not a trial), with data collected prospectively in a single group of 11 consecutive patients who were hospitalized in the department of infectious diseases. This means that there is no comparison group here.

I missed that part.. Not thrilled to hear that.. Any one with serious complications should NOT volunteer for that study then...
Nope ....because that would be a death sentence.........I just posted the group talking about how that Sciencedaily site is TAINTED..........Seems Gilean is doing it...trying to show that hydroxy doesn't work...........LOL

Was lucky to see that today...........LOL............That SAME SOURCE has been used on these boards by THOSE WITH TDS..........Seems that the REPORT from that site is a LIE...........IMAGINE THAT.

Other site from the University of Minnesota

I think every major lab and med university is gonna do it.. My daughter is in post grad Med Research at Vanderbilt.. Just announce THEIR COVID/HCQ study yesterday...
I have posted from UAB and University of Nebraska for quite some time now.........Gilean also......and also Gilean tried .............TRIED ......to get a monopoly on the drug and almost succeeded.......so they could charge massive amounts for the drug...........

Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute's Dr. Kylie Wagstaff, who led the study, told Medican Express that the drug, Ivermectin, was capable of stopping the COVID-19 coronavirus growing in cell culture within 48 hours.

"We found that even a single dose could essentially remove all viral RNA by 48 hours and that even at 24 hours there was a really significant reduction in it," Dr. Wagstaff said.

It is to be noted that Ivermectin is an FDA-approved drug that is also effective in vitro against a broad range of viruses including HIV, Dengue, Influenza and Zika virus.

Dr. Wagstaff, however, stressed that the tests conducted in the study were in vitro and trials should be done on people too.

"Ivermectin is very widely used and seen as a safe drug. We need to figure out now whether the dosage you can use it at in humans will be effective—that's the next step," Dr. Wagstaff said.

LOL

Here we go again.........look at the first article trying to sell the drug Ivermectin......links you to the article being used that says.............drum roll please.......SWEDEN stops using Hydroxy.........LOL

Misinformation campaign to SELL A DIFFERENT DRUG.

How might Ivermectin treat COVID-19?

Some Swedish Hospitals Have Stopped Using Chloroquine to Treat COVID-19
READ MORE
Recent laboratory data from scientists at Monash University and the Doherty Institute suggests Ivermectin is able to stop SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, from replicating.

Ivermectin has also been shown to stop other viruses (such as HIV, dengue, influenza and Zika) replicating, at least in the laboratory.

The researchers found Ivermectin had an effect on SARS-CoV-2 after one exposure to the drug. Viral replication was shut down within 24 to 48 hours.

It's still not clear exactly how Ivermectin works. But it appears to stop the processes that allow proteins to move within the virus. These proteins would normally dampen the body's antiviral response, allowing the virus to replicate and enhance the infection.

2nd link

This article above is also being used on these boards........and the article is TRYING to push a DIFFERENT DRUG.......LOL

Forum List

Back