Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) Thread

Good for her. Now how do you know whether it was that or she was getting better anyway?
Can I introduce you some friends, Mr. Cause and Mrs. Effect:
“After I started taking the Malaria medicine, I started to feel a lot better,” she said. “Like, the next day.”

Also meet Mr. Duh....
He-he, good one! By the way, I like that you honor the great George Orwell by using his birth name. Nicely done. I wonder how many that post on here actually know this. My guess, sadly, would be probably not that many.

Doctor Siegel reveals that he prescribed HCQ and Erythromycin for his 96 year old father stricken with Covid -19 and he has survived... See: Tucker Carlson show 7 Apr 2020.... He was quickly shut off.

Good for her. Now how do you know whether it was that or she was getting better anyway?

Because she wasn’t. You’re a consistent dope
Coming from someone who’s main contribution is trolling, that doesn’t mean much. I presume you must be her doctor.

Can I introduce you some friends, Mr. Cause and Mrs. Effect:
“After I started taking the Malaria medicine, I started to feel a lot better,” she said. “Like, the next day.”

Also meet Mr. Duh....
Wow. Let me tell you the most amazing story! The other day, I walked outside, with my umbrella...and it rained! Imagine that, an umbrellla causes rain! Coincidental? I think not :D

Could even be a placebo effect. Does it matter?

It can, if it means that people who DO need that medicine, which has a medically proven effect on their illness, can’t get it.

It can, if it means that people who DO need that medicine, which has a medically proven effect on their illness, can’t get it.

Well, she went without for three weeks and didn't die.

If I told you you would have to suffer for three weeks for a 5% chance you were saving someone's life..would you do it?

I would.

Well, she went without for three weeks and didn't die.

If I told you you would have to suffer for three weeks for a 5% chance you were saving someone's life..would you do it?

I would.
Ever had lupus?

Wow. Let me tell you the most amazing story! The other day, I walked outside, with my umbrella...and it rained! Imagine that, an umbrellla causes rain! Coincidental? I think not
"Interesting" story but unlike medicine and it's intended effect on disease who really thinks an umbrella can effect the weather?
Umbrellas are a reaction to the weather and don't really effect the conditions at all.

Glad to help you out on this one. Just shoot me an email if you get confused like this again.

Coming from someone who’s main contribution is trolling, that doesn’t mean much. I presume you must be her doctor.
I can read English. You should try it. Trolling? You must be kidding. You are one of the least logical persons on this board. Let’s see how many agreements this post receives. How exactly do I “troll”. Be specific. I posted an article where the woman sent her husband to the store for the drugs and says they made her better and she is
No friend of Trump. And you ask your stupid question. But I am “trolling”. You’re a real winner..:

Wow. Let me tell you the most amazing story! The other day, I walked outside, with my umbrella...and it rained! Imagine that, an umbrellla causes rain! Coincidental? I think not
"Interesting" story but unlike medicine and it's intended effect on disease who really thinks an umbrella can effect the weather?
Umbrellas are a reaction to the weather and don't really effect the conditions at all.

Glad to help you out on this one. Just shoot me an email if you get confused like this again.

it illustrates the fallacy that correlation does not necessarily equal cause, which is why clinical trials under strict conditions are done.

I can read English. You should try it. Trolling? You must be kidding. You are one of the least logical persons on this board. Let’s see how many agreements this post receives. How exactly do I “troll”. Be specific. I posted an article where the woman sent her husband to the store for the drugs and says they made her better and she is
No friend of Trump. And you ask your stupid question. But I am “trolling”. You’re a real winner..:

Andyou are a real loser.

What is logical about testimonials aside from the fact it is the key validation for snake oil?

We could all hide under the bed and sing kumbia.
But if a doctor prescribes any medicine for god sake don't take it.

it illustrates the fallacy that correlation does not necessarily equal cause, which is why clinical trials under strict conditions are done.

Those clinical trials are not DESIGNED for situations like this.. They want to MEASURE safety of course, but more importantly they are designed to MEASURE "efficacy".. USUALLY, a new drug will COMPETE with others and it's a "badge of honor" to have the FDA SAY that yours is "more effective"... Or safer..

We're NOT in the DARK about safety of HCQ... It's been routinely prescribed to foreign travelers/workers for DECADES... People with RArthritis are on it.. So THIS instance falls under "Right to Try" as a concept..

DOCTORS have always had options to prescribe "off label" uses.. Insurance companies might not pick it up -- but they can DO that.. And when you have THOUSANDS of doctors WORKING this disease from 5 or 8 countries TELLING YOU that it "KEEPS PEOPLE OFF VENTILATORS" --- Any rational person can weigh the risks and should be ALLOWED to take it...

Here's the other thing about "clinical trials"... We seem to be arguing about the "RISK" word again.. The one that all leftists want to annihilate from existence..

In a clinical trial -- you must RANDOMLY SELECT 1/2 your cases to be on PLACEBO... In order to GET an exact measure of efficacy...

Now you people griping about HCQ -- REALIZE -- that this is life/death right now for MOST of the intended receivers of the drug.. You are NOT ALLOWED TO TELL THEM if they get placebo...

To ME -- at a time like this -- that would be IMMORAL... Because most people who go ON ventilators for things like this NEVER come off.. And if you saved 10% of them with no serious side effects, I'd be cool with that..

Funny to me as a Libertarian that we got SLAMMED for 3 decades trying to decriminalize maryjuanna and when the public TURNED in that direction -- it was the SAME ZERO RISK TO ANYTHING people leading the legalization OF THAT in the states.. There are RISKS TO EVERYTHING.. You balance them against the rewards of NOT filling your legal system for possession of a joint or dismantling the ILLEGAL CRIMINAL flow of that substance...

Or in THIS case --- you balance it against the # of vents you need or the number of deaths..

Those clinical trials are not DESIGNED for situations like this.. They want to MEASURE safety of course, but more importantly they are designed to MEASURE "efficacy".. USUALLY, a new drug will COMPETE with others and it's a "badge of honor" to have the FDA SAY that yours is "more effective"... Or safer..

We're NOT in the DARK about safety of HCQ... It's been routinely prescribed to foreign travelers/workers for DECADES... People with RArthritis are on it.. So THIS instance falls under "Right to Try" as a concept..

DOCTORS have always had options to prescribe "off label" uses.. Insurance companies might not pick it up -- but they can DO that.. And when you have THOUSANDS of doctors WORKING this disease from 5 or 8 countries TELLING YOU that it "KEEPS PEOPLE OFF VENTILATORS" --- Any rational person can weigh the risks and should be ALLOWED to take it...

I don't disagree. My disagreement is making claims for it that are unverified and untested. It's being touted as a panacea when it isn't and that can lead to dangerous assumptions.

I don't disagree. My disagreement is making claims for it that are unverified and untested. It's being touted as a panacea when it isn't and that can lead to dangerous assumptions.

The claims are EXACTLY what they are this point.. Testimonials from heroes working the COVID wards around the world.. Got a survey from 6000 doctors working cases around the world that AGREE "it should be tried" before it's respirator time..

The cost of doing NOTHING therefore -- means MORE deaths.. If this thing scales anywhere NEAR the hysterical numbers that the early "models" cranked out.. That's a LOT of unnecessary deaths..

If it was a loved one -- would you be lecturing them NOT to try it because there's not been "clinical trials" ?? You're expectations for what that does with a drug that is now so old it's generic just aren't a reason not to....

It's NOT untested as drug for harm.. Those effects are well known.. The drug has been "clinically tested for harm on MILLIONS for over 30 years. It IS unverified for COVID, but the "expert crowd sourcing" is all we get right now..

Forum List

Back