Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) Thread

Lets start Dr Fauci has said he would take the drug as part of a clinical trial. i.e. that is to learn something

Lets be clear Trump should be following his experts advice and they are telling to stop recommending drugs as possible cures.

The White House has plenty of ways it can test this drug on large controlled groups and assess the outcomes. This is valuble information which can then be used in fighting this virus.
It discredits the White House by just shouting out something different everyday..

• Has the President weighed up the pro and cons of using ibuprofen v paracetamol v Remdesivir v hydroxychloroquine v antibody treatment?
  • Could you tell us the ones that work or actively makes the patient condition worse?
  • What are the supplies looking for each treatment?
These are not things you discuss in the Press Room but in the Oval Office/Situation Room.

Honestly what is the President doing in the daily briefing. He should be a point of escalation and point for a simple message. Presidents should not be involved in micromanaging a crisis. Leave that to guys who have been trained in various aspects of this...
Example: Obama appointed Ron Klain as Czar for Ebola, the Ron said he nothing about Ebola,
Obama said exactly, you will stay out of the way of the people who did
He didn't speak for the first couple of months publicly and left it to Fauci and Blix (I think)
Ron Klain was picked because he was Biden Chief of staff they knew how to run a team to let others shine while he keeps the lights on.

Compare that to the Trump response right now.. He has himself, Kushner and Pence trying to lead this... Trump answers questions and Fauci spends his day trying to get the truth out without insulting Trump. He is an obstacle and the thread shows why...
If this was team was handled by John Kelly, Fauci would have no need to answer childish question... Answer is we are trying numerous treatments under controlled conditions and we give you the results... Move On.

Trump touted this drug as being very promising, while Fauci condemned it, which tells us all we need to know about the future studies and research of it. Can anybody imagine the MSM admitting Trump was right and that this drug was what was needed to save lots of lives? It will NEVER happen. My prediction is that we will either never see the end of whatever research it takes to get the drug scientifically blessed get the stamp of approval from the government, or the drug will be condemned. The drug will make its way to many who need it, but it will have to remain taboo forever. The only way I see to get this drug blessed by the scientific and medical communities and a stamp of approval from the government is if lefties can find some way to say they touted it while Trump rejected it.
My brother, a physician of many years in the Midwest called me an hour ago and is angry Fauci won't approve the use of it. He says it has been around for 40 or more years and he has some at his home should he or his wife ever need it. He is a believer in this drug. He wants it approved for use with this virus. He knows this drug's history. My brother feels this virus will hit it's peak in a week or two as we have been reading. He told me to go out and have some fun. Just practice social distancing and wear a mask in places with high people density. :twirl:

Your brother is not alone. Physicians all over the country are doing the same. Even the leftists ones give lip service to the "it doesn't work" mantra all the while making sure they have some on hand for personal use if needed. Sheep(never-Trumpers) will be sheep. There is nothing we can do to fix them.

It is simple. The Democrats do NOT want a quick fix to this. They need it to linger for political purposes. The sheep in this country never understand they are being led to slaughter...literally.

Or we can wait for Trump to keep fucking it up, that would do the trick, too.

Trump wanted to reopen the country by Easter. Imagine how much worse this would be if he got his way.

Trump gave in to the stay at home orders after listening to Fauci and others. Trump also wants us to start prescribing long-term tested and proven drugs as treatment as well as getting everyone tested so we can get back to work. Democrats want everyone to sit home and collect checks from the government as long as possible to destroy the economy, create more dependency and then hope to win the upcoming election. To put it simply, if the Democrats had a choice between shutting down the economy for 6 months vs a vaccine and a treatment that became available, they would choose the former. Control is ALWAYS at the forefront of the liberal mind.

Trump touted this drug as being very promising, while Fauci condemned it, which tells us all we need to know about the future studies and research of it. Can anybody imagine the MSM admitting Trump was right and that this drug was what was needed to save lots of lives? It will NEVER happen. My prediction is that we will either never see the end of whatever research it takes to get the drug scientifically blessed get the stamp of approval from the government, or the drug will be condemned. The drug will make its way to many who need it, but it will have to remain taboo forever. The only way I see to get this drug blessed by the scientific and medical communities and a stamp of approval from the government is if lefties can find some way to say they touted it while Trump rejected it.
My brother, a physician of many years in the Midwest called me an hour ago and is angry Fauci won't approve the use of it. He says it has been around for 40 or more years and he has some at his home should he or his wife ever need it. He is a believer in this drug. He wants it approved for use with this virus. He knows this drug's history. My brother feels this virus will hit it's peak in a week or two as we have been reading. He told me to go out and have some fun. Just practice social distancing and wear a mask in places with high people density. :twirl:

Sounds like your brother is a shit doctor. I mean really shit because he didn't know it is approved and there is nothing stopping him perscribing it..

Did your brother get his medical degree from Trump university...

On another note my brother is an astronaut and he is going to Mars using bullshit as a fuel...

You must fall for every fake news story out there......which shows desperation.
I hope you're enjoying your pandemic, shitforbrains....because you're partly responsible for it.

You must fall for every fake news story out there......which shows desperation.
I hope you're enjoying your pandemic, shitforbrains....because you're partly responsible for it.
If you cannot post a reply that demonstrates that you did read and understand the opening post, it means that you are evading something that you cannot challenge. Why not break down the logic of what you chickened out on and explain how it is flawed?

If the shit works it will get out to people who need it. this is not some doctor show where magic bullet cures abound. I seriously cannot understand why you people can't wait for some kind of real peer-reviewed testing to take place.

How about people will die while waiting?

For all we know it could kill more, especially those who are the most sick. We simply don' know what will happen and it needs to be tested.

You moron, the drug has already approved for other uses. It is safe.

Morphine is approved for managing pain, it doesn't mean it's safe.

If the shit works it will get out to people who need it. this is not some doctor show where magic bullet cures abound. I seriously cannot understand why you people can't wait for some kind of real peer-reviewed testing to take place.

For all we know it could kill more, especially those who are the most sick. We simply don' know what will happen and it needs to be tested.

Morphine won't kill you unless you do something very stupid. If it cured Corona, people would be taking it.

Laughably low IQ.

Morphine won't kill you unless you do something very stupid. If it cured Corona, people would be taking it.

Laughably low IQ.

Handing out medication that is untested for the purpose is doing something very stupid. Morphine and other opioids have been studied and applied when necessary appropriately and when not it's created problems in our society to include unwanted addictions to the medication. And no, idiot, I'm not saying hydrochlorothiazide is addictive, I'm saying you shouldn't prescribe the medication that can have life threatening side effects if it doesn't work.

IF your dying why not, your choice. in all other cases maybe wait a while, they must be testing this stuff like crazy. in the mean time because of the panic people with Lupus are having a very difficult time getting their RX refiled.

IF your dying why not, your choice. in all other cases maybe wait a while, they must be testing this stuff like crazy. in the mean time because of the panic people with Lupus are having a very difficult time getting their RX refiled.

If you're dying there's a good chance you aren't conscious.

“It wasn’t until she was given hydroxychloroquine, a drug used to treat Malaria, that things started looking up.
“After I started taking the Malaria medicine, I started to feel a lot better,” she said. “Like, the next day.”

Nope. Orange Man Bad. Better to let people die than give them a chance with an incredibly safe drug that has been used for a half century! We must wait a year for a triple lutz double axle blind study. Then we can dig them up and prescribe it to their corpse.

That makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

Forum List

Back