Hur hearing

Former special counsel Robert Hur revealed in Capitol Hill testimony that Biden 'willfully' retained classified materials as a private citizen and gave them to Mark Zwonitzer - the ghost writer of his $8 million book - who later tried to destroy them.
'We identified evidence that the President willfully retained classified materials after the end of his vice presidency, when he was a private citizen,' Hur said during the high-stakes hearing.
He 'tried to destroy the evidence, didn't he?' asked Jordan.
'Correct,' said Hur.

Comment:
Well, there it is.
Biden broke the law.
There are people in prison for breaking the espionage act laws.
This is an impeachable offense.
Biden is not above the law.
Maybe Trump will pardon him.
WORSE...there is an investigation underway now to determine how much damage Biden did to intelligence agencies, methods, sources from his decades of classified docs crimes. :oops:

Hur determined no intent, unlike the Trump case, was intended to break the law.
Do You have ANY ability to be sane.
Like Trump said ... Does not Drink.Never even had a Beer.
Does not have as much as a Misdomeanor.
Yet he purposefully and sneakily decided to keep
and store Docs as if His.Like just about all Presidents have
done in the past.

It's official, there's no word or phrase disgusting enough to describe Democrats and the MSM. These people are pure scum.
Like Foaming scum.Like rabid dogs.Like what Attitus Finch
{ - To Kill a Mockingbird } was forced to deal with.
Taking off his glasses to get a better view of said delusional
rabid dog who was struggling to walk.Once glasses off he
took aim and shot.
No one sane wants democrats to be shot.Just maybe
shuffled off the stage like what was done in early burlesque
by baggy pants comedians.Or using a Hook { device to pull
those from the stage who refuse to get off the stage }.

So, watching the hearing, here's what pops out: Hur's goal in writing his report seems clearly to appear to be as neutral as possible. If he remembered the old adage that if both sides are angry, the judge made the right ruling, then he would have been prepared for what happened at the hearing, which was that both sides were angry.

Three problems with that strategy:

1) the judges' old adage is wrong in many cases. In many cases, both sides do not have good legal grounds. In many cases, one side is almost completely in the right, one side is almost completely in the wrong and the only reason there is a court fight is so the party in the wrong can get as favorable an outcome as possible. This happens, for example, when a guilty person's lawyer insists on a jury trial as a bargaining chip to get a favorable plea deal, or when an obviously liable corporation refuses to pay knowing that it has much more resources to fight a lawsuit than the plaintif to press one.

In this case this holds true. There really is no defense for Biden's actions. What he did and the laws his actions broke are really not in dispute, even by the most ardent Biden supporters. The only question is prosecute or not prosecute. Hur's decision was not a neutral one.

2) Hur's concern about Biden's presentation in front of the jury of a doddering but loveable old man who the jury will sympathise with would not happen in any realistically possible scenario. Who would call Biden to testify for the jury to see shuffle to the witness stand and act befuddled and not remember where he was? The prosecutor cannot and the defense will not. In the unlikely event of a trial, the jury would not see Biden very much. He would claim to be too busy being president to attend, so only the evidence would be presented, not any "poor old Uncle Joe" that Hur claims to be afraid would sway the jury.

Of course, none of that would happen ever, no matter how strongly Hur recommended prosecution. The Biden DOJ would not prosecute and neither would the Trump DOJ next year, assuming he wins the election. A fair and honest special counsel report would be the best that the GOP could hope for. Hur would have been more honest if he had said, "I don't recommend prosecution because I know that you guys never will anyway, so there is no realistic possibility of a prosecution, much less a guilty verdict."

3) Hur's reasoning for not prosecuting has angered both sides about as much as it would have been possible to anger them. Judges may enjoy angering both sides, but Hur is not really a judge even though he effectively ruled on this cae. Why would Hur take an action sure to anger nearly everyone who might later be in a position to help his career, and then resign from the DOJ? Why did he fall on his sword? Why cut his own throat while digging his own grave? To demonstrate how coordinated he is?

It makes me wonder if there might be a payoff somewhere. Has some Biden or Trump partisan promised him a bood deal, a consultancy fee, a lucrative sinecure of some kind? If I had to guess, I would say that this action helps Trump more than Biden. Biden was not going to be prosecuted anyway, as I said. So why not have him not prosecuted for a reason that will harm is chances of reelection?

The only scenario in which a Democrat induced him to do this, is if the Democrat said, "Obviously, he's guilty. But we'll give you _______________ if you find some way - any way - to recommend non-prosecution." In that case the Democrat must be saying, "I never guessed he would go there. There is certainly no precedent for letting a guilty man off becuase the jury might like him."

So, watching the hearing, here's what pops out: Hur's goal in writing his report seems clearly to appear to be as neutral as possible. If he remembered the old adage that if both sides are angry, the judge made the right ruling, then he would have been prepared for what happened at the hearing, which was that both sides were angry.

Three problems with that strategy:

1) the judges' old adage is wrong in many cases. In many cases, both sides do not have good legal grounds. In many cases, one side is almost completely in the right, one side is almost completely in the wrong and the only reason there is a court fight is so the party in the wrong can get as favorable an outcome as possible. This happens, for example, when a guilty person's lawyer insists on a jury trial as a bargaining chip to get a favorable plea deal, or when an obviously liable corporation refuses to pay knowing that it has much more resources to fight a lawsuit than the plaintif to press one.

In this case this holds true. There really is no defense for Biden's actions. What he did and the laws his actions broke are really not in dispute, even by the most ardent Biden supporters. The only question is prosecute or not prosecute. Hur's decision was not a neutral one.

2) Hur's concern about Biden's presentation in front of the jury of a doddering but loveable old man who the jury will sympathise with would not happen in any realistically possible scenario. Who would call Biden to testify for the jury to see shuffle to the witness stand and act befuddled and not remember where he was? The prosecutor cannot and the defense will not. In the unlikely event of a trial, the jury would not see Biden very much. He would claim to be too busy being president to attend, so only the evidence would be presented, not any "poor old Uncle Joe" that Hur claims to be afraid would sway the jury.

Of course, none of that would happen ever, no matter how strongly Hur recommended prosecution. The Biden DOJ would not prosecute and neither would the Trump DOJ next year, assuming he wins the election. A fair and honest special counsel report would be the best that the GOP could hope for. Hur would have been more honest if he had said, "I don't recommend prosecution because I know that you guys never will anyway, so there is no realistic possibility of a prosecution, much less a guilty verdict."

3) Hur's reasoning for not prosecuting has angered both sides about as much as it would have been possible to anger them. Judges may enjoy angering both sides, but Hur is not really a judge even though he effectively ruled on this cae. Why would Hur take an action sure to anger nearly everyone who might later be in a position to help his career, and then resign from the DOJ? Why did he fall on his sword? Why cut his own throat while digging his own grave? To demonstrate how coordinated he is?

It makes me wonder if there might be a payoff somewhere. Has some Biden or Trump partisan promised him a bood deal, a consultancy fee, a lucrative sinecure of some kind? If I had to guess, I would say that this action helps Trump more than Biden. Biden was not going to be prosecuted anyway, as I said. So why not have him not prosecuted for a reason that will harm is chances of reelection?

The only scenario in which a Democrat induced him to do this, is if the Democrat said, "Obviously, he's guilty. But we'll give you _______________ if you find some way - any way - to recommend non-prosecution." In that case the Democrat must be saying, "I never guessed he would go there. There is certainly no precedent for letting a guilty man off becuase the jury might like him."
The Bottom line is still very simple.Biden has an out.he,as Potus
can exonerate or pardon Trump from any trial over stolen or
miscarriage of Classified Docs.While also exonerating himself.

Forum List

Back