How would you rate the last 10 Presidents?

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
In Chronological order....

Nixon
Ford
Carter
Reagan
Bush I
Clinton
Bush II
Obama
Trump
Biden

My list... From Best to Worst.... or maybe more appropriate, least worst to much worse

Reagan -
probably the last President who did what he did because he believed it was right. Right or wrong.
Ford - took over a country in shambles. Did a good job of getting things back to normal.
Bush I - he is this high because he did little damage compared to below him.
Clinton - the last President to really try and work with opposition. But his part in turning America into a corporatocracy is.
Trump - nowhere near as bad as Democrats say he is. If he could have controlled his mouth, he would have been much better.
Bush II - this low because of how he fought the Iraq war, and how he ignored a coming economic fall.
Nixon - like Trump, he could have been a good President, but he was his own worse enemy.
Obama - Corporatist/globalist/elitist to the core.
Carter - I don't believe there is any explanation needed
Biden - Is he even really the President in reality?

* Note - I struggled who was least worse between Bush II and Trump. Trump's policies were better than Bush II, but his insistence to be a major player in dividing the country with his motor mouth probably did more damage than Bush II

Obama- stopped a Depression, Obamacare

Reagan- Returned faith in America, fall of USSR

Clinton- Amazing economy, balanced budget

Bush 41- Kuwait

Nixon- Good President, Bad Man

Ford- Placeholder after Nixon

Carter- Good Man, Bad President

Bush 43- 9-11, Afghanistan, Iraq, Economic Collapse

Trump- Poorly suited to be President, refused peaceful transition of power

Biden TBD

Last edited:
In Chronological order....

Nixon
Ford
Carter
Reagan
Bush I
Clinton
Bush II
Obama
Trump
Biden

My list... From Best to Worst.... or maybe more appropriate, least worst to much worse

Reagan -
probably the last President who did what he did because he believed it was right. Right or wrong.
Ford - took over a country in shambles. Did a good job of getting things back to normal.
Bush I - he is this high because he did little damage compared to below him.
Clinton - the last President to really try and work with opposition. But his part in turning America into a corporatocracy is.
Trump - nowhere near as bad as Democrats say he is. If he could have controlled his mouth, he would have been much better.
Bush II - this low because of how he fought the Iraq war, and how he ignored a coming economic fall.
Nixon - like Trump, he could have been a good President, but he was his own worse enemy.
Obama - Corporatist/globalist/elitist to the core.
Carter - I don't believe there is any explanation needed
Biden - Is he even really the President in reality?

* Note - I struggled who was least worse between Bush II and Trump. Trump's policies were better than Bush II, but his insistence to be a major player in dividing the country with his motor mouth probably did more damage than Bush II
I have to say your list is spot on for the most part, I might move Ford down to where you have Trump, and everyone above him up

As far as Bush II to the bottom, couldn't agree more.

Bush 41- Kuwait

Trump- Poorly suited to be President, cared more about himself

Biden TBD
I said to myself, anyone who puts Obama or Trump at the top - is to be ignored.
I wish you wouldn't have done that. The rest of your list is decent. Different than mine, but valid thinking. Putting Obama at the top only makes everyone obviously ignore everything else due to it being ridiculous.

I said to myself, anyone who puts Obama or Trump at the top - is to be ignored.
I wish you wouldn't have done that. The rest of your list is decent. Different than mine, but valid thinking. Putting Obama at the top only makes everyone obviously ignore everything else due to it being ridiculous.

My list was a bipartisan ranking while 6 of your top 7 were Republicans

Yes, Obama was the best of the last ten with Reagan a close second

Trump is by far, the worst in my lifetime. While I didn’t like him from the start, I thought no way could he do as much damage as Bush 43.
He proved me wrong

Trump is by far, the worst in my lifetime. While I didn’t like him from the start, I thought now way could he do as much damage as Bush 43.
He proved me wrong
I didn't chose them based on party. My criteria was, honestly - least worse to worst.
I am aware Republicans make the top of my list, that wasn't by design.
Trump's policies were not bad, his motor mouth and grade school antics clouded everything he did - giving train loads of fodder for his opposition to use against him. Like Nixon, he was his own worst enemy.
Have you ever read about the kind of ideas Nixon had? He could have been a solid President. But his narcistic thinking coupled with thinking everything that moves wants to destroy him crippled and consumed him.
Trump had that in common with Nixon. Trumps ego is legendary. And his inability to shrug off insults and opposition also consumed him. But his policies were actually pretty decent.
I am not going to address Obama with you, we went down that path before. You are just willing to ignore all of the bad about him in order to maintain the glorification of the man. Same thing others do here with Trump.

Bush 41- Kuwait

Trump- Poorly suited to be President, refused peaceful transition of power

Biden TBD
Lol. O was the worst of the bunch. A total fraud and completely controlled by the MIC, Wall Street, and the billionaire oligarchs.

Watch his latest speech here promoting Fascism.

Trump is by far, the worst in my lifetime. While I didn’t like him from the start, I thought no way could he do as much damage as Bush 43.
He proved me wrong
Your list is total left wing propaganda.

Your list is total left wing propaganda.
There is little wrong with his list other than the absurdity of putting Obama at the top.
If he wouldn't have done that, it would be a pretty decent summation.
There are folks that have this "dream state" of thinking about Obama, in the same way others do with Trump.
Ignore everything that was wrong with them, which is PLENTY. And then only use an extremely forgiving eye, to glorify them

I didn't chose them based on party. My criteria was, honestly - least worse to worst.
I am aware Republicans make the top of my list, that wasn't by design.
Trump's policies were not bad, his motor mouth and grade school antics clouded everything he did - giving train loads of fodder for his opposition to use against him. Like Nixon, he was his own worst enemy.
Have you ever read about the kind of ideas Nixon had? He could have been a solid President. But his narcistic thinking coupled with thinking everything that moves wants to destroy him crippled and consumed him.
Trump had that in common with Nixon. Trumps ego is legendary. And his inability to shrug off insults and opposition also consumed him. But his policies were actually pretty decent.
I am not going to address Obama with you, we went down that path before. You are just willing to ignore all of the bad about him in order to maintain the glorification of the man. Same thing others do here with Trump.
The bad about O is overwhelming. He took two wars and made seven. Dropped more bombs than W. Kicked millions of Americans out of their homes, while giving billions to Wall Street. Campaigned on a public option then pushed through a massive plan to benefit big corporations. Did nothing to improve conditions for blacks, but did make racial relations worse. Cancelled habeas corpus. And on and on…

What does this say about partisans of the duopoly? Rs know W was an awful failure, but Ds cling to the belief O was good. Yet, both war criminals are near identical twins from different momma’s.

There is little wrong with his list other than the absurdity of putting Obama at the top.
If he wouldn't have done that, it would be a pretty decent summation.
There are folks that have this "dream state" of thinking about Obama, in the same way others do with Trump.
Ignore everything that was wrong with them, which is PLENTY. And only with an extremely forgiving eye to glorify them

I will gladly defend Obama as my top pick

He was given an economy bordering Depression losing 800,000 jobs a month and a stock market that had lost half its value
He was also given active wars in Afghanistan and Iraq

Obama stopped the economic collapse and had steady growth for seven years. Nearly tripled the stock market
He killed Bin Laden
He saved the banks and auto companies
He passed Obamacare
He got Iran to abandon its nuclear program
He returned relations with Cuba

Historians agree with me

Last edited:
I will gladly defend Obama as my top pick

He was given an economy bordering Depression losing 800,000 jobs a month and a stock market that had lost half its value
He was also given active wars in Afghanistan and Iraq

Obama stopped the economic collapse and had steady growth for seven years. Nearly tripled the stock market
He killed Bin Laden
He saved the banks and auto companies
He passed Obamacare
He got Iran to abandon its nuclear program
He returned relations with Cuba
RW - you are only making matters worse by posting this, and backing up my opinion that you have an EXTREMELY forgiving eye towards him.
EXACTLY like the far right glorify Trump. They put him on a pedestal and think he is the best we have ever had - absurd. But no less absurd than the filtering process that is necessary to believe Obama was a good President.

RW - you are only making matters worse by posting this, and backing up my opinion that you have an EXTREMELY forgiving eye towards him.
EXACTLY like the far right glorify Trump. They put him on a pedestal and think he is the best we have ever had - absurd. But no less absurd than the filtering process that is necessary to believe Obama was a good President.
I argued my position with verifiable accomplishments
Historians have done the same

Your list is top heavy with Republicans but you can’t point to any accomplishments that rival Obama’s

Obama is a top ten President

Last edited:

Forum List

Back