How will you spend your free $1,200?

the recent economic data is FANTASTIC. the economy is going gangbusters. there's really encouraging data about the recovery out of those doldrums of the shutdown. in the last 2 months, we've added 8 million jobs...we have a long way to go, but the great american comeback has commenced, and the Entrepreneur in Chief will create the Trump boom 2.0!

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

the recent economic data is FANTASTIC. the economy is going gangbusters. there's really encouraging data about the recovery out of those doldrums of the shutdown. in the last 2 months, we've added 8 million jobs...we have a long way to go, but the great american comeback has commenced, and the Entrepreneur in Chief will create the Trump boom 2.0!

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
Quick call an ambulance. Somebody is suffering from reality overload, and has switched to the rose colored kool aid.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
Quick call an ambulance. Somebody is suffering from reality overload, and has switched to the rose colored kool aid.
He has TDS

Both Democrats and Republicans are about to make a deal to send adults $1,200, which we need. I personally I'm going to get new video games for my PlayStation, and a cat.
I never lost my job so I don't really need much extra food.
I need a wide-angle lens for my camera as well. How do you guys plan on spending your money?

I didn't get anything. Made too much. Was only reduced to 36 hours from 40, so not complaining.

Want to know how it will be paid for though.
I made like $85k last year, no kids or wife and they gave me $950. How much do you make that you got nothing?

I make over $125k, but I live in NYC so that's like what you make anywhere besides the big cities.

Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering and 22 years of experience.

Both Democrats and Republicans are about to make a deal to send adults $1,200, which we need. I personally I'm going to get new video games for my PlayStation, and a cat.
I need a wide-angle lens for my camera as well. How do you guys plan on spending your money?
We will get 4900$ if it's the same as last time for us it's simple

1. 500$ going into savings account AT LEAST
2. Replace starter,front brakes on vehicle. Maybe ball joints as well
3. MAYBE a small 2 night mini vacation for me and my wife around my birthday in September
4. Wife wants new weapon so might get that not sure
5. Pay down our credit cards we had to use so that's around 800$ to get them to decent balances under 50$ apiece.

I didn't get anything. Made too much. Was only reduced to 36 hours from 40, so not complaining.

Want to know how it will be paid for though.
I made like $85k last year, no kids or wife and they gave me $950. How much do you make that you got nothing?

I make over $125k, but I live in NYC so that's like what you make anywhere besides the big cities.

Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering and 22 years of experience.
I always wonder what the guys on the Howard stern show make like baba boi, Benji, sal, Richard christy

3. MAYBE a small 2 night mini vacation for me and my wife around my birthday in September
5. Pay down our credit cards we had to use so that's around 800$ to get them to decent balances under 50$ apiece.
You have credit card debt? How about you pay that off skip buying another gun and put some money away so you can retire one day?

Nothing ‘free’ about $1200 for lots of us. It’s more a rebate of some of our money previously confiscated by the DC bloodsuckers.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
Remember you guys didn’t let Obama spend his way out of the bush recession? If the economy is roaring back why do we need another stimulus?

sounds like hype to me.

How come I don’t see all these people who are struggling? Everyone around me seems ok but most americans before corona were just living paycheck to paycheck which is why they all need a stimulus check from uncle don

Nothing ‘free’ about $1200 for lots of us. It’s more a rebate of some of our money previously confiscated by the DC bloodsuckers.
Yea but it’s going to cause inflation and cuts to your social security might need to be made down the road to pay for this.

You have credit card debt? How about you pay that off skip buying another gun and put some money away so you can retire one day?
Eh a little. 4 credit cards 3 are maxed out to 300$ limits and one we are using right now waiting on wife's school stipend to come in because her school is incompetent and it was supposed to be here last week. Someone told us NEVER pay it off completely but get it under 50$ and leave it unless needed. So that's 900ish right now to pay them off so 750$ to leave each with 50$ on them. Retiring probably will never happen. Wife is in her last 2 classes for school I have over a year and a half left to start truly working in a career so hopefully I will get a decent job and career and we can start banking money a lot easier to retire. We are simple folks. Just want a cabin and 5 acres in the country eventually.

Eh a little. 4 credit cards 3 are maxed out to 300$ limits and one we are using right now waiting on wife's school stipend to come in because her school is incompetent and it was supposed to be here last week. Someone told us NEVER pay it off completely but get it under 50$ and leave it unless needed. So that's 900ish right now to pay them off so 750$ to leave each with 50$ on them. Retiring probably will never happen. Wife is in her last 2 classes for school I have over a year and a half left to start truly working in a career so hopefully I will get a decent job and career and we can start banking money a lot easier to retire. We are simple folks. Just want a cabin and 5 acres in the country eventually.
Pay off your credit cards every month to avoid paying interest.

Get a credit card that builds up points. Every so often you build up another $50 and you go to website and click on “mail me my $50”

So I make money using my credit card. Stop paying interest! Whoever told you that is dumb.

Which reminds me. I haven’t redeemed $50 in awhile. I may have $100 or $150 built up I’m going to go check.

If you're young now and start an IRA, retiring can happen. My employer started one for us nearly 25 years ago. He contributed the most to it as a benefit. Now that I'm retired, I never realized how valuable it was even though I'm not going to touch it for hopefully years to come. In an emergency, it's there for me which is a sigh of relief in case something happens.

We gave our last $2400 to Samaritans Purse. Same thing this time. I'm not Christian or overly religious but Franklin Graham's Samaritans Purse is normally the first responder at a disaster. They're there before FEMA, Salvation Army and the rest. We give the Salvation food, clothing and household goods. Good Will and Red Cross are jokes.

I'm going to send it to the Trump campaign....:muahaha:

Pay off your credit cards every month to avoid paying interest.

Get a credit card that builds up points. Every so often you build up another $50 and you go to website and click on “mail me my $50”

So I make money using my credit card. Stop paying interest! Whoever told you that is dumb.

Which reminds me. I haven’t redeemed $50 in awhile. I may have $100 or $150 built up I’m going to go check.

0% interest is the best way to go. You're borrowing money for nothing. I haven't paid interest on a credit card in 20 years.

Saving up for a new-used Car. Mrs. Dog's 20 year old Lexus RX had 210 miles and mult fluid leaks.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
Remember you guys didn’t let Obama spend his way out of the bush recession? If the economy is roaring back why do we need another stimulus?

sounds like hype to me.

How come I don’t see all these people who are struggling? Everyone around me seems ok but most americans before corona were just living paycheck to paycheck which is why they all need a stimulus check from uncle don

I agree to a point, but the stimulus is designed so people will spend money to keep the economy on life support until we get back to somewhat normal.

My washer broke last week and the repairman couldn't get a part for it. You can't buy a decent new one today. They are backed up anywhere from two weeks to over a month. I was forced to buy a used one which I wasn't happy with. But it was either that or hanging out at the laundry mat for a month. Apparently there are jobs, but for some reason, people are not taking them.

Forum List

Back