How will the Shutdown Affect You or Your Loved Ones. No Apocryphal Stories, Please!

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
For myself, my wife and the one son that still lives at home, I foresee no effects at all. We have state and local government to take care of all I need from government and much that I don't need.

I have one son who is a full-time National Guardsman and may or may not be called up to take care of any riots that politicians whip up with their hateful rhetoric about those responsible for the shutdown. I assume he will get paid, as has happened in every other shutdown.

I have one son who is 100% disabled, and I fear that the Dems may withhold his check out of spite. But, he lives with us, and has savings since the disability payment is pretty high and he shares expenses.

Other than that, everyone that is a family member or a friend has a real job that will continue unabated.

How about you?

How will the Shutdown Affect You or Your Loved Ones. No Apocryphal Stories, Please!

I assume that it will affect me similarly to all the other shutdowns of this type that have happened in my lifetime, viz., that I won't notice any effects at all, and would never have known that it was happening if not for all the news coverage.

For myself, my wife and the one son that still lives at home, I foresee no effects at all. We have state and local government to take care of all I need from government and much that I don't need.

I have one son who is a full-time National Guardsman and may or may not be called up to take care of any riots that politicians whip up with their hateful rhetoric about those responsible for the shutdown. I assume he will get paid, as has happened in every other shutdown.

I have one son who is 100% disabled, and I fear that the Dems may withhold his check out of spite. But, he lives with us, and has savings since the disability payment is pretty high and he shares expenses.

Other than that, everyone that is a family member or a friend has a real job that will continue unabated.

How about you?

It has been put off for 45 days but wouldn't affect us either way that I know of.

How about you?
LOL

1696104906694.png

It has been put off for 45 days but wouldn't affect us either way that I know of.
Whoops, I hadn't seen that.

I guess we'll just spend ourselves into oblivion and let our grandkids have to turn in desperation to a fascist demagogue.

How about you?
Great attitude. It doesn't affect me directly so I don't give a fuck. Except when it comes to abortion or what healthcare trans people are entitled to.

It won't affect me at all.

I'm retired but too young for Social Security

How about you?

Seems we will not find out since McCarthy punked the FC and they backed down.

Forum List

Back