How will the Shutdown Affect You or Your Loved Ones. No Apocryphal Stories, Please!

Whoops, I hadn't seen that.

I guess we'll just spend ourselves into oblivion and let our grandkids have to turn in desperation to a fascist demagogue.
As long as Ukrainian business get their Uncle Joe checks, its all good.

Seems we will not find out since McCarthy punked the FC and they backed down.
LoL!

Gator, I think you are getting too old to participate in these type forums.

McCarthy did exactly what I predicted that he would do: he turned to the Democrats by giving them what they wanted.

The Freedom Caucus didn't "back down," they voted against continuing the Pelosi budget indefinitely, and now they will ditch McCarthy as speaker. McCarthy's constituents may still vote for him for kowtowing to the Democrats, but he'll permanently lose the Speaker's Gavel.

I don't think he'll continue even as a congressman. I hope he's got a ghost writer lined up for his book after he gets primaried out of DC.

LoL!

Gator, I think you are getting too old to participate in these type forums.

McCarthy did exactly what I predicted that he would do: he turned to the Democrats by giving them what they wanted.

The Freedom Caucus didn't "back down," they voted against continuing the Pelosi budget indefinitely, and now they will ditch McCarthy as speaker. McCarthy's constituents may still vote for him for kowtowing to the Democrats, but he'll permanently lose the Speaker's Gavel.

I don't think he'll continue even as a congressman. I hope he's got a ghost writer lined up for his book after he gets primaried out of DC.

Yes, they backed down. They said if he did this they would trigger a vote to oust him, but instead they just let it go.

Ousting him after the CR is passed is meaningless.

Yes, they backed down. They said if he did this they would trigger a vote to oust him, but instead they just let it go.

Ousting him after the CR is passed is meaningless.
He did this just today. They don't have to oust him today. They need to line up his replacement, for one thing. It won't be meaningless in 45 days.

I don't think that is what you meant at all. I think you once again saw a clickbait headline and swallowed it instead of clicking on it. You saw "House Passes 45 Day Continuing Resolution" or some such and assume that it was all the Republicans who voted for it.

No.

91 Republicans voted against it, more than twice as many as there are members of the Freedom Caucus. All the Democrats except one voted for. Why wouldn't they? McCarthy gave way the store, like a Portland Wallgreens.

So, it is your stance they do not know yet who they are going to replace him with? Really? Seriously?
Why is that so hard to understand? They were hoping that he would work with them, instead of selling out. If they had been planning a replacement, word could have gotten out, and the media would have trashed him or her.

Who do you think the Freedom Caucus has in mind? If they are going to do like you Democrats and chose a woman just for being a woman, I'd rather look at Boebert than Green for the next year and a half.

Or maybe they lose their bid to oust him. It could happen, with a significant minority of Republicans voting for his gift to the Democrats.

That will give Trump many more primary challengers to endorse, and you know what happens when he does that. Or do you?

Probably, you do not, because you only read headlines. Here's your answer:

Colorado GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert’s victory in an automatic recount helped bring Trump’s overall win record to 199, while 34 of his preferred candidates lost their races, according to an analysis from the NBC News political unit. The Decision Desk did not project winners in 33 races featuring Trump-backed candidates.

McCarthy really gave a pathetic presser after his surrender to Democrats.

"End the wasteful spending, end the wokeism, secure. our. border!"

How stupid does he think Republican voters are? As stupid as Democratic voters? He just voted to continue the wasteful spending indefinitely. He has zero leverage now in any negotations to even slow down the growth of spending. He voted with the Democrats for a budget chock full of wokeism and no border security.

6e99e739216ea4b3.png

I'm an advocate for all those workers expected to show up with back pay to stay home. You don't pay me I don't work. Words to LIVE by.

The shutdown is averted for 45 days.

What happens in November? McCarthy (if he is still Speaker) joins forces with the Democrats against the American people again?

Why is that so hard to understand? They were hoping that he would work with them, instead of selling out. If they had been planning a replacement, word could have gotten out, and the media would have trashed him or her.

They have been hanging this over his head since he took Speakership, but they have no plan. How pathetic.

Who do you think the Freedom Caucus has in mind? If they are going to do like you Democrats and chose a woman just for being a woman, I'd rather look at Boebert than Green for the next year and a half.

I expect it will be Matty, he is the most vocal of the group and has his eyes on higher positions

That will give Trump many more primary challengers to endorse, and you know what happens when he does that. Or do you?

Yes, they win primaries and lose in the general elections. It is why your beloved party does not hold the Senate.

Nothing will change for many federal workers. They're staying home anyway.
They have been hanging this over his head since he took Speakership, but they have no plan. How pathetic.
Wow, you're reaching. Will you be sending Kevin letters of condolence?
I expect it will be Matty, he is the most vocal of the group and has his eyes on higher positions
I'd pick Andy Biggs - as the most likely, not my preferred.
Yes, they win primaries and lose in the general elections. It is why your beloved party does not hold the Senate.
Maybe you did not read closely:

Colorado GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert’s victory in an automatic recount helped bring Trump’s overall win record to 199, while 34 of his preferred candidates lost their races, according to an analysis from the NBC News political unit. The Decision Desk did not project winners in 33 races featuring Trump-backed candidates.

Or maybe you just did not understand that those were the results of general elections to the House, not primary elections.

Or maybe it's just wishful thinking that the indictments are making Trump less popular when they are having the opposite effect.

The key to 2024 will be for Trump to endorse down-ballot candidates so that the GOP can sweep the House, Senate, and White House. Getting rid of McCarthy will be a big help, since he makes Republicans look weak and stupid for electing him in the first place.

Wow, you're reaching. Will you be sending Kevin letters of condolence?

Why would I do that when he punked your group?

Maybe you did not read closely:

Or maybe you just did not understand that those were the results of general elections to the House, not primary elections.

I read it. Trump "picks" people in super safe Repub districts and then claims they won because of him and you sheep go "oh my god, he is a GOD".

It is fun as fuck to watch.

Why would I do that when he punked your group?
After he is tossed out as Speaker I mean. McCarthy gave the Dems what they wanted. How you think that means that he punked the Freedom Caucus you would have to explain.
I read it. Trump "picks" people in super safe Repub districts and then claims they won because of him and you sheep go "oh my god, he is a GOD".

It is fun as fuck to watch.
Super safe according to NBC?

After he is tossed out as Speaker I mean. McCarthy gave the Dems what they wanted. How you think that means that he punked the Freedom Caucus you would have to explain.

The FC said they would oust him if he brought such a bill to the floor. He called their bluff and they blinked.

Super safe according to NBC?

Safe to anyone that pays attention and does not worship Trump.

Forum List

Back