Zone1 How we repair it: White Americans’ attitudes toward reparations

Your obsession with race realism is fanatical. It's not even rational.

The fact that you think you are liberal but still cling to this kind of racist garbage is sad. I'm not even sure what you hope to accomplish, other than feeling better about your own failed life because you think AA has cheated you somehow.
I agree with the Democrats on economic and environmental issues, and with the Republicans on the issues of crime, race, and immigration. This makes me ambivalent. Ambivalence is the enemy of fanaticism.

I am even ambivalent about Negroes. I have known several who were more admirable than most of the whites I have known.

Race realism is based on a number of assertions that are easy to prove. What have I posted here that is not true?
Everything.. Stop wasting my time on debunked nonsense.

Prior to being robbed at gunpoint by two black teenagers I was aware of the high black crime rate, but I did not feel it emotionally.

I'd ask why we live in a society where people have to resort to crime to survive. But it's all about you, man. Some black kids took you for what, $30.00.

We refuse to enact gun control, solve poverty, create addiction treatment programs, etc. but we will whine about Crime.

There have been ups and downs in my life. Because I am not enterprising I have been overly dependent on good luck and overly vulnerable to bad luck.

Well, that's your first mistake. Counting on "luck" is just stupid. When I plan to do something, I make sure I have at least two backup plans in case something goes south.

I agree with the Democrats on economic and environmental issues, and with the Republicans on the issues of crime, race, and immigration. This makes me ambivalent. Ambivalence is the enemy of fanaticism.

I am even ambivalent about Negroes. I have known several who were more admirable than most of the whites I have known.
No, guy, you don't spend hours a day ranting about Blacks if you are ambivalent to them.

The problem with racism is that it's ALWAYS been a tool of economics. The rich don't want working whites to demand equal economic justice, and the best way to do that is to get them to hate on minorities.

It's how a lot of stupid white people who didn't own slaves ended up dying in the civil war, it's why the South is the most backwards part of the country today.

Everything.. Stop wasting my time on debunked nonsense.
If every assertion of race realism is "debunked nonsense" it should be easy for you to mention one or two assertions, and prove that they are false.

I have known a few Negroes who are incomparably better people than you are.
Did I hurt your feelings, little fellow?

If every assertion of race realism is "debunked nonsense" it should be easy for you to mention one or two assertions, and prove that they are false.
Works on the assumption I should waste any more time on this nonsense than I already have.

I'd ask why we live in a society where people have to resort to crime to survive.

Poverty is no excuse for crime. It is not even an explanation.

Negroes tend to be poor because they tend to be stupid. They are frequently in prison because the are frequently evil. I say after Professor Arthur Jensen, "Look at the data."

I have lived with poor Vietnamese refugees. They were good people. They took any job they could find. Vietnamese teenagers did not spend their days harassing their teachers. They respected their teachers and tried to learn, although many had problems with English. They did spend their nights getting into trouble. They did their homework.

I often got off work at 10:00 pm and walk three miles to get home. I would risk my life walking through a black neighborhood that late.

Never heard of Hoffer, have heard of Voltaire, but frankly, the kind of person who name-drops philosophers usually has some kind of insecurity.

Frankly, in every post you put out here, you demonstrate your insecurities, and it's kind of sad.

Again, I get paid for my writing, thanks.

Just because you don't merit my A-game, doesn't mean I don't have one, Cockroach.
You are ripping off whoever is retarded enough to pay you for your crap.

Works on the assumption I should waste any more time on this nonsense than I already have.
You would not be wasting your time. You would be looking at facts that conflict with what you want to believe.

You never document your assertions. I love to point out how intelligent most Jews are. :)

You are ripping off whoever is retarded enough to pay you for your crap.
It is sad that JoeB131 continually makes assertions he are unable to document, like I have.

People do not hate Jews because they think Jews are inferior. They hate Jews because they know that most Jews are superior.

Poverty is no excuse for crime. It is not even an explanation.
Spoken like a man who slept in a warm bed with a full belly.

Negroes tend to be poor because they tend to be stupid. They are frequently in prison because the are frequently evil. I say after Professor Arthur Jensen, "Look at the data."
Okay, I've looked at the data, AND THE HISTORY.

I have lived with poor Vietnamese refugees. They were good people. They took any job they could find. Vietnamese teenagers did not spend their days harassing their teachers. They respected their teachers and tried to learn, although many had problems with English. They did spend their nights getting into trouble. They did their homework.

The Vietnamese who came here weren't the poor peasants. They were the collaborators who were fleeing the Commies. Not even a good comparison.

Sure I would. You are a sad little man using a race identity to compensate for you "bad luck" in life.
You know that what I say about the Negro race is true. There are Negroes who behave and perform as well as most whites. There are too few of them to be statistically significant.

You know that what I say about the Negro race is true. There are Negroes who behave and perform as well as most whites. There are too few of them to be statistically significant.
Wow, really?

Only 17% of blacks live below the poverty level.
Black unemployment is below 7%
Contrary to what guys like IM say, there are more blacks in college than prison.

Seems like blacks do pretty well, despite having to deal with bigots like you.

The Vietnamese who came here weren't the poor peasants. They were the collaborators who were fleeing the Commies. Not even a good comparison.
They were poor in this country.

----------

Poverty and Crime

The notion that economic deprivation necessarily leads to lawlessness is widely believed but is not supported by empirical evidence. Human history is replete with examples of impoverished people backgrounds—who have endured extreme poverty without descending into criminal activity. During the 1960s, for instance, the residents of San Francisco’s Chinatown were among America’s poorest people—with the most unemployment, the worst housing conditions, the least education, and the highest rate of tuberculosis in their city. Yet despite such hardships, only five people of Chinese ancestry went to jail in the entire state of California in 1965.[1]

Similarly, Jewish immigrants to America during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries also repudiated criminality despite having to face extreme economic deprivation. Historian Max Dimont describes them:

“The majority of these immigrants had arrived penniless, all their worldly belongings wrapped in a bundle…. Most of [them] arrived in New York. Some made their way into other cities,… but the majority remained in New York, settling in the Lower East Side of Manhattan, [which was] a neighborhood of the poor. Sociologists, with their impressive charts showing the number of toilets (or lack of the), the number of people per room, the low per capita income, paint a dismal picture of the Lower East Side Jewish slum. But their charts do not capture its uniqueness. Though it bred tuberculosis and rheumatism, it did not breed crime and venereal disease. It did not spawn illiteracy, illegitimate children, or deserted wives. Library cards were in constant use.”[2]

Footnotes:​

1. James Q. Wilson and Richard Herrnstein, Crime and Human Nature (New York: Simon & Schuster, 1985), p. 473.
  2. Max I. Dimont, Jews, God, and History (New York: Penguin USA, 1994), pp. 373-374. (This book was originally published in 1962.)

Wow, really?

Only 17% of blacks live below the poverty level.
Black unemployment is below 7%
Contrary to what guys like IM say, there are more blacks in college than prison.

Seems like blacks do pretty well, despite having to deal with bigots like you.
Much of that is do to affirmative action which lowers standards for blacks. Much is also due to welfare checks to illegitimate black children.

Jews do much better, despite having to deal with bigots like you.

It is sad that JoeB131 continually makes assertions he are unable to document, like I have.

People do not hate Jews because they think Jews are inferior. They hate Jews because they know that most Jews are superior.
People hate other groups/races etc., because the haters are pitiably ignorant and believe absolutely stupid claims about them.

This is the reason for high rates of black poverty:

bellcurve5.jpg

This is the reason most Jews are prosperous:

"Jewish Genius," by Charles Murray, Commentary, April 2005

As soon as Jewish children born under legal emancipation had time to grow to adulthood, they started appearing in the first ranks of the arts and sciences. During the four decades from 1830 to 1870, when the first Jews to live under emancipation reached their forties, 16 significant Jewish figures appear. In the next four decades, from 1870 to 1910, the number jumps to 40. During the next four decades, 1910–1950, despite the contemporaneous devastation of European Jewry, the number of significant figures almost triples, to 114.

To get a sense of the density of accomplishment these numbers represent, I will focus on 1870 onward, after legal emancipation had been achieved throughout Central and Western Europe. How does the actual number of significant figures compare to what would be expected given the Jewish proportion of the European and North American population? From 1870 to 1950, Jewish representation in literature was four times the number one would expect. In music, five times. In the visual arts, five times. In biology, eight times. In chemistry, six times. In physics, nine times. In mathematics, twelve times. In philosophy, fourteen times.

Disproportionate Jewish accomplishment in the arts and sciences continues to this day. My inventories end with 1950, but many other measures are available, of which the best known is the Nobel Prize. In the first half of the 20th century, despite pervasive and continuing social discrimination against Jews throughout the Western world, despite the retraction of legal rights, and despite the Holocaust, Jews won 14 percent of Nobel Prizes in literature, chemistry, physics, and medicine/physiology. In the second half of the 20th century, when Nobel Prizes began to be awarded to people from all over the world, that figure rose to 29 percent. So far, in the 21st century, it has been 32 percent. Jews constitute about two-tenths of one percent of the world’s population. You do the math.

Forum List

Back